• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Will Render at 600p

lionelhutz

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/games/c/call-duty-modern-warfare-2/modern-warfare-2-render-at-600p-$1314777.htm

Modern Warfare 2 will sport a resolution of 600p like its predecessor.

Infinity Ward once again justifies a sub-HD video game during a high definition console era with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

The resolution, which is 1024 by 600 pixels, has been confirmed by the pixel counters on the Beyond3D technical forums, who recently brought us the resolution of Ghostbusters: The Video Game on the PlayStation 3. Like its predecessor, Modern Warfare 2 will be 600p on both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Modern Warfare 2's native rendering resolution will result in 307,200 pixels less than if it was running at the high-definition 720p.

The question is whether this matters for Infinity Ward's upcoming game? Unlike Ghostbusters, Modern Warfare 2 will be an extremely impressive game both graphically and in its framerate; Infinity Ward is again targeting 60 frames-per-second, when most graphically impressive video games struggle to hit 30 frames-per-second.

A sub-HD rendering resolution is surely a compromise worth taking considering the benefits?

Infinity Ward recently released the first Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer gameplay footage, which you can find here.

34rd8gk.jpg

Tenks

Pixel whores get out. MF1 looked damn good for the time and the footage from E3 made MF2 look even better.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So what?
The game is going to be tonz of fun, who the hell cares about some pixels?
Leave our frames buffers alone !!!!

zero9

Banned
There is going to be a PC version and most 360/PS3 gamers can't tell the difference between HD and SD so it doesn't really matter.

JMC

Banned
Tenks said:
Pixel whores get out. MF1 looked damn good for the time and the footage from E3 made MF2 look even better.

Smart-arse answer: What's MF?

Serious answer: No, it didn't. It looked on-par with the original. That's not a bad thing, of course, since the game runs up-to 60fps.

zero9 said:
There is going to be a PC version and most 360/PS3 gamers can't tell the difference between HD and SD so it doesn't really matter.

:lol

Oh no, now i'm not going to buy this amazing game beacuse it has 307,200 pixels less...

I really doubt this would put anyone of the game, it looks great, who cares about the resolution, it doesn't make the game any worse.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
The best thing about having a SD tv is that stuff like this doesn't matter.

MW2 looks graphically great anyhow.

Wollan

So they did nothing besides add some pre-defined item destrucion (which were already plenty in COD4).
Seeing the E3 footage it looked *exactly* like COD4. I would like for them to release yesterdays MP footage in 720p (or 600p) though I guess there is no need.

Ninja Kn1ght said:
Does Modern Warfare 2 not look great?
It looks like COD4 which is okay today. I think it plays superb (COD4) but it's dissappointing that they didn't use the income from 14 million(!) sold games to enhance the graphics.

iceatcs

Shouldn't have increase cost of this game, I mean why i'm paying £5 more on top if it is basically same as COD4 but new skin/story.

near

Gold Member
I probably couldn't tell the difference if MW2 were running at 720/1080p anyway. I like what I've seen and thats all that matters. :/

Haunted

MGR said:
I'll take FPS over resolution every time.
I'll take both, thank you very much.

The Call of Duty Engine is seriously showing its age, but being on the cutting edge of technology isn't as important (even in the very competitive realm of FPS games) if you've got such a huge brand name going.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
mario ate my burger said:
HD gaming, huh
Go back to your Goldberg avatar!
I cant recognize you now!! :lol

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They ran a demo for the game on a giant ass screen at E3 and it looked pretty damned awesome. Hell, this sub-HD game will probably look miles better than most HD games getting released this year.

RTYE said:
And people think current consoles can stay for another 5 years. :lol

No, since MW1 it's already one of the best selling games this gen and that back then no one really cared about it, and the same will happen with the sequel prove that the current consoles can stay 5 years more....

Fersis

Wollan said:
So they did nothing besides add some pre-defined item destrucion (which were already plenty in COD4).
Seeing the E3 footage it looked *exactly* like COD4. I would like for them to release yesterdays MP footage in 720p (or 600p) though I guess there is no need.

It looks like COD4 which is okay today. I think it plays superb (COD4) but it's dissappointing that they didn't use the income from 14 million(!) sold games to enhance the graphics.

Here you have it buddy: The 'missing' 1024 x 120 pixels, have fun. T__T
1024x720.png

Top Bottom