• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Will Render at 600p

mcmonkeyplc

Neo Member
Fersis said:
Here you have it buddy: The 'missing' 1024 x 120 pixels, have fun. T__T
1024x720.png

Cool, got one for the missing pixels in Halo 3? :D

Talamius said:
If this console generation really does last 10 years, it'll be the best thing to ever happen to PC gaming :)

Happens every gen though. New consoles come out and everyone OoooOoos and ahhhhs, then the PC's trump it and drags the graphic whores until the next console gen comes out and is all shiny.

RefigeKru

Banned
What resolution did the first Modern Warfare run at?

If 600p, don't care.

If 720p, don't care anywhere near enough for it to affect my hype.

The game is going to be blonx either way. Can't wait to play it, sub-HD resolution or not.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
mcmonkeyplc said:
Cool, got one for the missing pixels in Halo 3? :D
HALO3 too?
Oh and its a fun game isnt? Thats all we should care.

SMZC

How can anyone even tell at this point what the game's native resolution really is? All we have is some videos released by IW, and I'm no expert at the subject, but I'm pretty sure that's not enough to tell the game's resolution.

In fact, unless my memory fails me, I remember the guys at Beyond3D guessing the resolution of MGS4 based on its videos, just like they are doing now with MW2, and they also said that it was 600p, when the actual game had a higher resolution than that (even though it wasn't 720p either).

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
joelseph said:
It is worth it just to see the crazy reactions on GAF, doesn't change the game one bit.

Crazy reactions? Almost everyone in this thread seems to have no problem at all with the resolution.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wollan said:
You owe me more pixels. Horizontal resolution as well.

1280 x 720

1024 x 600
:lol

'Gamers' take all the fun out of games.
By the way the game im working on has a frame buffer of 2560x720 :lol

dammitmattt said:
I hate GAF sometimes.
I wouldnt say 'hate it' but i surely dont understand 'hardcore gamers' sometimes.

Ceebs

If this is game breaking for you, just use that extra like 90 bucks you would pay for night vision goggles and upgrade your PC's video card and play at 1080p+

CiSTM

Banned
Don't really care about the resolution long as it looks good. And current footage indicates that end product will be one awesome looking game.

test_account

XP-39C²
If the previous game was running at 720p, I'd understand the outrage but the last game didn't seem to be horribly effected by the lower resolution. It's kind of hard for me to get upset about the situation.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
:lol

Oh well, if I do get the game I'll enjoy it at a proper resolution.

CTLance

Ooooh. Just a wee bit less pixels, and we'll be back at good ol' PAL SD resolutions. This is hilarious, in a way.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
COD4 and 5 where both 600p and trust me they looked almighty fine. MW2 also does. I don't care, as long as it runs at 60FPs. Current consoles do not have the equipment of newer PCs of course.... but the people I know play on Xbox, so I will be buying that version. See? Simple... no need for stupid PC/Console wars. Use your time in something more productive!

test_account

XP-39C²
Bumblebeetuna said:
Are there any other 360/PS3 FPS games that run at 60 frames per second?
Maybe someone in this thread have already mentioned this, but the Xbox 360 and the PS3 version of Call of Duty 4 and 5 was also running at 60 frames per second if i am not mistaken. At least Call of Duty 4 were running at 60 frames per second.

EDIT: Or maybe you mean other first person games than the Call of Duty games?

Xater said:
Hey at least the game looks great for it's resolution unlike some other console FPS this genration.

This is honestly my reaction as well. Shit MGS4 was 1024x768 and still looked fantastic ...it's more about the fidelity of the image, not just the resolution.
The only reason this is making the news is because of the poo-fest that was the PS3 sku of Ghostbusters as noted.

meh, dont care too much but they couldnt optimize the engine with the cash flow they received from the first game and the 2 years they had? They better have a bunch of awesome new MP gameplay additions and maps or they are and will come off as lazy.

Meier

Speaking of XXXp's, I was kind of shocked that inFAMOUS only runs at 720p. Regarding the OP, I think everyone can feel pretty confident that it will look great either way.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I donn't give a shit ~

clap

give a shit ~ yeah!

clap

give a shit! ~ hey!

oh, IIIIII donnnn't give aaaa sssshit! ~ y-y-ea-yeah!

swerve

I wholeheartedly support developers who make the best decisions for the gameplay experience they want to create. Higher resolution != more fun.

Raide

Wow, is this the CoD4 Thread of Time Travel? I am sure I have heard these complaints before and I think COD4 just about survived. :lol

Top Bottom