• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Will Render at 600p

Rur0ni

Wollan said:
It looks like COD4 which is okay today. I think it plays superb (COD4) but it's dissappointing that they didn't use the income from 14 million(!) sold games to enhance the graphics.
Did they throw sexy parties with that money?

deepbrown

Dra-Q said:
fixed.

But how can they already know in which resolution the game renders?
Look at released footage and count the pixels.

In the history of B3D there has never been a game that's had a different resolution in development to the resolution at release.

IW are frame-rate Nazi's. They want 60fps - they use a 600p engine to achieve it. There's also a matter of wanting 2xAA at 60fps too - and to get through the 360's EDRAM without tiling they'll need to target less than 720p.

iceatcs

dammitmattt said:
What does that have to do with your writing? I don't mind poor grammar if it doesn't get in the way of your message, but I literally don't know what you are saying in the vast majority of your posts. Maybe you have some kind of learning disability, and if so, I apologize, but barring that, there's no reason to not re-read your 10-word posts to ensure that the rest of the forum can understand what you're trying to say.
The reason is you're picking on me for some reasons. That's why you stalking on my English no matter what I wrote.

firex

iceatcs said:
The reason is you're picking on me for some reasons. That's why you stalking on my English no matter what I wrote.
fucking anybody can read your mangled English and pick on your posts. Stop using auto-translate to write your posts and learn the language better.

KittyKittyBangBang said:
Halo3 and MW1 look better than 90% of the console games out, so I think that resolution is not as critical as a lot of people think.

Not only that but it sold better than 95% of console games out there and 99.99999% of pc games out there, too.

And guess what. The only games that sold better play on an SD system that run at a lower "P".
Diminishing returns, fellas. Higher your standards for gameplay and the money and fun will follow.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Can't say I'm surprised. Hopefully it wont be as noticeable as it has been on some titles.

For those who require an illustration:
IYRgrYtHX.jpg

Wait, why is a mac user touting superiority on a gaming forum?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yoboman said:
Not really a shit framerate would damage the game alot. Many fans wouldn't even realise why, but they'd think the game feels worse.
God of War dropped down to 20 fps at times and it didn't really seem to hurt the series.

Even Grand Theft Auto III didn't have the best framerate in the world, but most people never noticed.

You have to get a pretty terrible framerate (like an average in the mid 20s or lower) before people really start noticing this and complaining a ton.

Talamius

TheHeretic said:
Graphics only matter to the point whatever the posters console of choice is capable of. Wii owners claim graphics don't equal more fun, Xbox and PS fans claim better graphics make more fun up until sub HD resolutions, at which no-one can tell the difference anyway. Of course PC gamers accept no compromises, thats why we always win.

This just about sums up the thread. It's all "LOL, car vault" until it's the other side at sub-HD resolutions, at which point a lot of people suddenly develop vision problems. You people can't have it both ways.

elektrixxx said:
A very small and insignificant price to pay for 60FPS on this engine.

If you want your res then get this on PC.

I'm somewhat burned out on the genre at the moment, but if I do drop the cash for it it'll definitely be a PC purchase.

McLovin

In this case I think 60fps is the most important thing. I didn't have a problem with COD4's resolution.. it won't bother me this time around either.

iceatcs

firex said:
fucking anybody can read your mangled English and pick on your posts. Stop using auto-translate to write your posts and learn the language better.
There is another one English stalker, I must be popular.

Dra-Q said:
http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-4-Modern-Warfare-Mac/dp/B00134G3AS

The first one was on Mac, the second one will be mac too. Without the ugly OS which is Windows and all the other bullshit.

But that's OT, keep coming the console hate.

Let me guess, Windows is developed by "M$" right? :lol

While getting really passionate about one company over another is fun and all, all the OSes now are pretty much exactly the same. Both OSes are quite beautiful

rvy

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
Now now, I'm sure PS3 and 360 owners will care once they're in a Wii thread.

*snuggles PC*
:lol

That's a terrible comparison. Though, I now understand better how you people feel.

Dra-Q

Banned
Rez said:
yeah, well the font on Mac keyboards is awful

<3 my mbp

High-five ;)
Oh, and i can right-click even without the trackpad buttons, just use two fingers. And we have backlit keyboards, master race confirmed.

panda21

you people realise its not just like they didnt bother 'spending the money' on the extra pixels right? thats not how it works.

Violater

Though I find the whole double standard thing amusing, it does not affect my intent to purchase the game. By the time I start having bucket loads of fun none of this will even matter. But that donotwant gives me a good :lol every time I see it.

f3niks

We should all look up to the sky and ask "Does it really matter?"

Rorshach will look down and mutter, "No"

panda21 said:
you people realise its not just like they didnt bother 'spending the money' on the extra pixels right? thats not how it works.

You can't stop a train by getting in front of it. No need to sacrifice yourself for nothing. Let this train hit that ramp, fly in the air, do a 1080, and crash head first right into the sea.

CultureClearance said:
Not only that but it sold better than 95% of console games out there and 99.99999% of pc games out there, too.

And guess what. The only games that sold better play on an SD system that run at a lower "P".
Diminishing returns, fellas. Higher your standards for gameplay and the money and fun will follow.

but cod4 is the best looking fps on 360.

graphics might just as well been one of its key selling points.

cryptic

Graphically it doesn't appear the engine has been improved or tweaked so I doubt this is a question of whether 720p at 60fps is possible or not but rather a question of would that interfere with a madden like whoring of the franchise.

Davidion

CultureClearance said:
You can't stop a train by getting in front of it. No need to sacrifice yourself for nothing. Let this train hit that ramp, fly in the air, do a 1080, and crash head first right into the sea.

You mean do a 600?

skybastos

if console version X was 600p and console version Y was 720p, this thread will be probably 50pages by now... wonderful world of hypocrisy :p

Top Bottom