• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Will Render at 600p

Synless

Mohonky said:
You were shocked it only ran at 720p? Are you shitting me? It looks like an utter jag fest in places. I wouldn't have been surprised if it was running below 720p. Even for 720p it looks jagged.

Call of Duty however has never been a jaggy looking game but always 600p @ 60fps. I'm surprised anyone would assume it would change with MW2.
CoD 4 is jaggy as fuck.

just dont buy the game. the world will understand your cries of "600p" while they are having fun playing the game. truly, they will.

FD20034TS.jpg

Xavien

This thread is so unusual, its like a Wii thread but replace the Wii Owners with 360/PS3 Owners and 360/PS3 owners with Gaming PC owners.

Look guys the PAL SD Resolution is 576, this is 600 and yet the guys going on and on about the Wii having SD resolutions are now defending very near SD resolutions (600p isn't HD btw it is ED)...

It would be funny, if it wasn't all so hypocritical.

TheExodu5

Banned
-PXG- said:
Who the fuck cares? The game is going to run like a dream. Can any of you tell the difference between 600 and 720 anyway?

Uh......NOOOOOOOOO!

No you can't. Unless you're sitting an inch away from your screen, take a screen cap/ pause the game and using a magnifying glass, it ain't going too any different.

Uh, yeah you can. Otherwise, all games would release at 600p.

I'm confused, GAF. Are graphics more important that gameplay or is it the other way around? With all these conflicting posts/threads, how am I supposed to know which view to pretend to support?

Enosh

SundaySounds said:
Graphics in COD4 were fine. Sounds like there's not gonna be much of a change. So who cares? The gameplay is what matters. I'm not sure I like the sound of being able to use the A321 in multiplayer, though. That just sounds kinda dumb.

AC-130, you are a gamer, l2military hardware

jaypah

Xavien said:
This thread is so unusual, its like a Wii thread but replace the Wii Owners with 360/PS3 Owners and 360/PS3 owners with Gaming PC owners.

Look guys the PAL SD Resolution is 576, this is 600 and yet the guys going on and on about the Wii having SD resolutions are now defending very near SD resolutions...

it is extremely hypocritical. i play Wii more than any other console right now and don't mind the graphics, but having seen Dead Rising on both Wii and 360 in SD i think that complaint comes from more than resolution. though i do chuckle when resolution is heavily defended because that's where the talk makes them look like crazy idiots.

iceatcs

Cat in the Hat said:
:lol :(

Sorry I didn't catch the deaf thing. I still disagree with you though.
Yeah you're right. I have no excuse write in bad English :(

*looking for evening school, damn you art job*

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Oh yea, I forgot about the broken physics engine, which I guess they're still using :lol

TheExodu5

Banned
Pantheon Of The Lesser said:
i never saw the diference between resolutions. i know Ninja Gaiden 2 and Halo 3 run lower than Gears 2 but i can't honestly tell or find any differences.

Well then you're legally blind, especially in the case of Halo 3 vs Gears 2.

TheExodu5 said:

the main difference between halo3 and gears 2 sure as hell isnt resolution.

gears graphics are half a generation better than halo 3. If it wasnt for the sd+ resolution it might as well have been released on xbox1.

jaypah said:
it is extremely hypocritical. i play Wii more than any other console right now and don't mind the graphics, but having seen Dead Rising on both Wii and 360 in SD i think that complaint comes from more than resolution. though i do chuckle when resolution is heavily defended because that's where the talk makes them look like crazy idiots.

Welcome to Neogaf!

and most 360/PS3 gamers can't tell the difference between HD and SD so it doesn't really matter.

I'm going to have to bookmark this thread.

LogicStep

The game looks absolutely amazing, much better than the first, and runs silky smooth, who the hell cares about the resolution? =\

ghst

thanks for the laugh
deathsight580 said:
The game looks absolutely amazing, much better than the first, and runs silky smooth, who the hell cares about the resolution? =\

if i said the same about the conduit, what would you rebuttal with?

deathsight580 said:

PC gamers that are running out of reasons to champion pc FPS' over console FPS'.

TheExodu5 said:

not really, if it wasn't for sites like Beyond 3D or developer interviews, only very, very few would be able to tell the resolutions apart just from staring at the screen.

NekoFever

Mr.Potato Head said:
Dont really matter to me..my jaw litterly hit the floor the first time i played COD MW on 360. It still was sexy visually
That must have hurt. You should stand up when playing games.

But I don't care about the resolution. COD4 looked fantastic, and the multiplayer video of this from yesterday showed how it's going to be throwing around tons of effects while running silky smooth.

Cow Mengde said:
I'm going to have to bookmark this thread.

But he's right. Do you know how many people hook up their PS3s to their plasmas with the supplied composite cables? Do you know how many people hook up their 360s, hit the HD switch on the component cable and think they're getting "HD" when they have to go an set the console to 720p still? And that's if they're lucky, seeing that the most attractively priced 360 SKU, like the ps3, only comes with a composite cable.

StuBurns

Banned
Pantheon Of The Lesser said:
not really, if it wasn't for sites like Beyond 3D or developer interviews, only very, very few would be able to tell the resolutions apart just from staring at the screen.
This is kind of true. But in comparison they would always be able to tell very quickly. You don't need to check up to know MGS4 looks like it's kind of sloppy looking. Yeah you'd need to check up to know exactly what it is, but you can tell just by looking at it.

CoD4 is very pretty, even still, but you can tell by looking at it that it's no where near as sharp as a 1080p game is.

However, 600p/60fps with lots of AA is going to blow a 720/30fps game with no AA out of the water visually. Resolution isn't everything by any stretch.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
How did they figure this out anyway? The 720p/60fps video of the multiplayer trailer isn't out yet and the other trailer was a noticeably older build. Besides, there are a ton of great looking games that don't run in HD (MGS4 is a big one) and MW2 will be 60fps anyway.

Chiggs

Gold Member
mysticstylez said:
PC gamers that are running out of reasons to champion pc FPS' over console FPS'.

But it's coming to both the pc and the consoles, and if I can get the pc version for cheaper, and get better graphics, well....

RoboPlato said:
How did they figure this out anyway? The 720p/60fps video of the multiplayer trailer isn't out yet and the other trailer was a noticeably older build. Besides, there are a ton of great looking games that don't run in HD (MGS4 is a big one) and MW2 will be 60fps anyway.

It's beyond3d. They can figure anything out.

mjolnirsbane

Neo Member
I am not trying to be sarcastic by saying that I doubt anyone will truly care about the frame rates and pixles when this game goes retail. This is going to sell huge in any event.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Xavien said:

Look guys the PAL SD Resolution is 576, this is 600 and yet the guys going on and on about the Wii having SD resolutions are now defending very near SD resolutions (600p isn't HD btw it is ED)...

I was just thinking about this before.

Want the think about the real fun? If either the 360 or PS3 version was 720p while the other was 600p. :lol

I'll be playing at 60 fps+ at 1080p whenever the game hits a Steam sale though so...enjoy! :D

mysticstylez said:

Oh no, there's still a slew of reasons. DD version from the get go for $10 cheaper, it'll be 50% off in 1/3 of the time, 60 fps + at whatever resolution I throw at it...I really need not go on.

Edit: Oh, they did raise the price of the PC version. Well, it'll still go on sale through Steam rather quickly. :D

Tom Penny

Chiggs said:
But it's coming to both the pc and the consoles, and if I can get the pc version for cheaper, and get better graphics, well....

PC are too expensive. You could never get a PC for $399 that could run that game and look as good as the console versions !!!!

Enosh

Chiggs said:

they increase the price on the pc version, so it cost the same as the console versions now...
it also looks like there won't be a hardened version for the PC

Chiggs

Gold Member
Tom Penny said:
PC are too expensive. You could never get a PC for $399 that could run that game and look as good as the console versions !!!!

This is true. It takes at least a 4k rig to run this game at 1080p.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
RoboPlato said:

What res does MGS4 run at?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Yesterday: This MW2 fotage looks incredible and has raised the bar for FPS.
Today: Now that I know something that literally wasn't visible to me, I hate.
Tomorrow: I am enjoying the game again having forgotten irrelvant technical detail.

It's like a Mustang owner claiming his car is faster than a 911 because it displaces more liters.

Tom Penny said:
your right it won't look as good, it would look even better.

zing!

Top Bottom