• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Will Render at 600p

Chiggs said:
Okay.

"Gosh, guess I'll have to use my wireless 360 controller so I can play Rage at 1080p on my HTPC at 1080p with a generous amount of AA and AF. What's this? The game will probably be cheaper, too?"

That doesn't change the fact that the game is being "designed" as a console game first.

Try again.

goomba

Banned
stuburns said:
This just is not accurate. You can't just 'turn-down' everything. The engine needs to be reworked and you'd need to redo pretty much every asset in the game.

That you would, just as was done for RE4 for cellphones.

Davidion

mysticstylez said:
That doesn't change the fact that the game is being "designed" as a console game first.

Try again.

"You can have your better graphics and choice of controls and cheaper games, the developer likes ME more!"

:lol I bet if you told me to try again, it'd be really witty and funny.

StuBurns

Banned
goomba said:
That you would, just as was done for the mighty RE4 -> cellphone port.
Yes, MW2 could obviously be done on the Wii, but it would take time and money. IW have limited resources, and producing a game at the standard of MW2 in two years on three platforms is a huge work load.

Personally I'm surprised there isn't a Wii version that's being outsourced, it'd more than justify the cost of production, but I can completely see why IW aren't doing it.

Arpharmd B said:
Could they have tweaked their old engine to a higher resolution while keeping the framerate? Probably. But their priorities are better spent creating the game that they want to make.

If you respect the developer, respect the way they use their resources. If they would rather focus their time and manpower on other areas of the game, then so be it.

After this thread closes expect a Halo 3 ODST thread because I'm willing to bet it's the exact same Halo 3 engine that runs @ 640p.

Don't know why this is such a big deal, there are shitloads of PS3 and 360 games that run in sub-HD or dynamically shift resolution. Unless you want to buy into another hardware generation or invest in a nice PC, get used to it.

Listen to this man.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Warm Machine said:
There used to be 2 people on this forum that even played PC games. Now that number has either skyrocketed or it has become a GAF meme.

ghst makes it sound like that.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
antiloop said:
It will run in 1920x1080.

Fixed for my PC justice based...whatever.

*random comment about console owners paying more and getting less*

*runs*
Warm Machine said:
There used to be 2 people on this forum that even played PC games. Now that number has either skyrocketed or it has become a GAF meme.
Hey, there may not be many of us, but we fight the good fight.

Chiggs

Gold Member
mysticstylez said:

Try again.

That doesn't change the fact that I don't care, and often use my 360 controller for multiplatform titles...hell, I even used it for a Crysis run.

Oh well:

Better graphics
Better framerate
Cheaper price

But feel free to keep posting "Try Again." It's exceedingly clever. Really, it is.

Davidion

stuburns said:
Yes, MW2 could obviously be done on the Wii, but it would take time and money. IW have limited resources, and producing a game at the standard of MW2 in two years on three platforms is a huge work load.

Personally I'm surprised there isn't a Wii version that's being outsourced, it'd more than justify the cost of production, but I can completely see why IW aren't doing it.

Would it justify it? I'm a wii owner and I don't necessarily see the point of having a port done for the wii.

It comes down to whether the devs can produce a game with similar feel on the weaker platform, or at least a port with its own unique identity (see: Mirror Edge wii potential). I'd imagine that a straight "down-port" wouldn't be favored from a creative perspective and can even serve as a potential dilution of the brand.

StuBurns

Banned
Davidion said:
Would it justify it? I'm a wii owner and I don't necessarily see the point of having a port done for the wii.

It comes down to whether the devs can produce a game with similar feel on the weaker platform, or at least a game with its own unique identity (see: Mirror Edge potential). I'd imagine that a straight "down-port" wouldn't be favored from a creative perspective and can even serve as a potential dilution of the brand.
I meant financially justified, i.e. I think it'd make a profit enough to warrant doing it. Personally I'd be indifferent to a Wii port, it'd be cool for Wii only owners, and they need a good online shooter I think, but I do think keyboard/mouse still blows away any other interface for shooters, so PC is where I'd be playing it if I brought it.

SundaySounds said:
Why can't Consoles change the resolution of a game like a PC?
They do?

jaypah

Ogs said:
Listen to this man.

no, listen to this thread. the only people offended by this revelation are people who weren't going to play it on a console in the first place. besides the first post i don't see any console gamers saying it's a big deal. it's just a salt in the wounds thing for the PC crowd. not that i blame them, having better things makes assholish people turn into complete douches. you learn this in first grade and just accept it. i'm eying a gaming PC for the obvious perks too, though i wont be a dick just because i own one.

Davidion said:
"You can have your better graphics and choice of controls and cheaper games, the developer likes ME more!"

:lol I bet if you told me to try again, it'd be really witty and funny.

This is basically what this entire gen has amounted to on GAF.

I honestly don't care if it was SD, make it last a little longer than MW and I'll buy it... eventually -Activision can piss off if they think I'm forking out £55 / £45 for it.

Haunted

Warm Machine said:
It took at least 5 of us to fill the hole Borys left.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
jaypah said:
no, listen to this thread. the only people offended by this revelation are people who weren't going to play it on a console in the first place. besides the first post i don't see any console gamers saying it's a big deal. it's just a salt in the wounds thing for the PC crowd. not that i blame them, having better things makes assholish people turn into complete douches. you learn this in first grade and just accept it. i'm eying a gaming PC for the obvious perks too, though i wont be a dick just because i own one.

20aumbb.gif

Davidion

jaypah said:

Really? Because it looks from here that PC gamers are just screwing around and having fun while a handful of console gamers are getting their panties twisted in a bunch as a result.

Davidion said:
Really? Because it looks from here that PC gamers are just screwing around and having fun while a handful of console gamers are getting their panties twisted in a bunch as a result.

pretty much this.

Ceebs

Cow Mengde said:
*cough* newegg selling HD 4850 for 80 bucks *cough* *cough*
I mentioned this earlier, but skip the night vision garbage they are trying to sell you and it pays for itself.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Tom Penny said:
That's supposed to compete with RSX and Xenos? Please....

2 possible responses here:

If you're being sarcastic and know about the power of a HD4850: :lol :lol

If you're not being sarcastic and think that the RSX and Xenos can compete with a modern DX10 card like this one: :lol :lol

Anyway, to jaypah, to be honest the PC gamers here don't care about the console version of COD6, er MW2, and are poking fun at the poor people who have to put up with paying more and getting a worse experience as a result, but hey, bless em.

jaypah

Davidion said:

well i said "salt in the wound" or whatever. nothing serious at all.....it's video games. i responded to someone who said that all the complaints were uncalled for and pointed out to him/her that nobody was complaining, just a long thread of "so what i'll still buy it / PC am superior". no idea what your response was about but it seems that PC gamers in this thread are being just as serious as the console gamers (hint: not very).

Stop It said:
Anyway, to jaypah, to be honest the PC gamers here don't care about the console version of COD6, er MW2, and are poking fun at the poor people who have to put up with paying more and getting a worse experience as a result, but hey, bless em.

yes, i understand fully. in my post i even said that i understood fully. it's still a dick move. funny? yes. true? yes, but still a dick move.

Davidion

Stop It said:

THANK you. I'm glad someone said it.

Now would you kindly pass the wine, sir? My snifter has been deprived of that lovely vintage for far too long.

Zoink

Kind of crazy that I will be playing the PC version at almost 4 times the resolution of the 360/PS3 (4 way split screen!). Honestly though, even if the PC version was 600p I would still buy it over the console version as it is 2/3rds the price.

Top Bottom