• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Will Render at 600p

Calcaneus

DeaconKnowledge said:
Feel free to step into the multitude of PS360 vs. Wii threads for your answer.
Basically, people are graphics whores who will take any opportunity to point out their system's superiority in that area?

StuBurns

Banned
Calcaneus said:
Basically, people are graphics whores who will take any opportunity to point out their system's superiority in that area?
How can PS360 owners be graphics whores? They don't even compare to PC games visually. PS360 owners mocking the Wii's graphics is laughable.

jaypah

Calcaneus said:

yes. people are assholes. just so happens that people at the top of the totem pole get the last laugh. it's been that was since long before video games.

Calcaneus said:

...Unless their console is inferior, in which case they will cry that graphics and resolution ultimately don't matter.

Basically, this thread is a huge dedication to the 360/PS3 graphics whore hypocrite.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
well it is a shame that these gen consoles cant output @ 1080p butt i think we should be over it... there have been 3 years of bitter tears - its time to move on ... i know it hurts... just accept that some of us are trapped with these consoles for some time... :(

(wtf schumacher back in f1?)

+ all that jaypah said

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
DeaconKnowledge said:
...Unless their console is inferior, in which case they will cry that graphics and resolution ultimately don't matter.

Basically, this thread is a huge dedication to the 360/PS3 graphics whore hypocrite.

My only problem with that is the assumption that anyone who says they don't care about MW2's resolution must make a hobby out of shitting on Wii games. It's kind of been the strawman the PC crowd's, "good-natured banter" has been wrapped around in this thread.

Calcaneus

DeaconKnowledge said:

Well done too, I must say.

mjolnirsbane

Neo Member
Chiggs said:
This is true. It takes at least a 4k rig to run this game at 1080p.

I respectfully disagree. You could build a system for WAY less than $4k if you were so inclined. Just check out the need a new PC thread and check out some of the parts vendors and you will be suprised. Maybe not $399 but definitely not $4k.

jaypah

sankt-Antonio said:
well it is a shame that these gen consoles cant output @ 1080p butt i think we should be over it... there have been 3 years of bitter tears - its time to move on ... i know it hurts... just accept that some of us are trapped with these consoles for some time... :(

(wtf schumacher back in f1?)

+ all that jaypah said

and keep in mind that the PC elite is the cheapest elite club you can join in life, as evidenced by the GAF threads showing how to build a nice rig for little dough. if ever you want to join up just skip a few games and jump in. hell, that's my plan.

mjolnirsbane said:
I respectfully disagree. You could build a system for WAY less than $4k if you were so inclined. Just check out the need a new PC thread and check out some of the parts vendors and you will be suprised. Maybe not $399 but definitely not $4k.

He's being sarcastic.

Davidion

mjolnirsbane said:

Hi brother, welcome to the club!

Let's have a seat over here...

mjolnirsbane said:

Your sarcasm meter is broken.

DOO13ER said:
My only problem with that is the assumption that anyone who says they don't care about MW2's resolution must make a hobby out of shitting on Wii games. It's kind of been the strawman the PC crowd's, "good-natured banter" has been wrapped around in this thread.

If that's the case, you have two options:

1. Take solace in the fact that you aren't one of these hypocrites and continue on as you were

OR

2. Cry Moar

Your choice really.

DeaconKnowledge said:

Oh spare me.

SYNTAX182

i didn't even notice cod4 resolution was 600p until i read this thread. ha, i guess i was too busy playing the game rather than staring at the screen counting the pixels.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Enosh said:
HOLY SHIT
fuck yes, Schumacher is back, don't care if only for 1 race, fucking great news

was just in the news, BMW out of F1! WTF!!!! Schumi back..ahh MW2 600P OH GOD in what world do we life in!?!?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't really care about this resolution difference, but I am a "graphics whore" in that I think that Wii games look like shit (mostly because they're developed that way). How is that hypocritical again?

Dra-Q

Banned
Ceebs said:
I just glanced at Amazon...is Activision really going to charge 60 bucks for the PC version? Not that it should be a surprise coming from them.

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2-Pc/dp/B00269QLJ2/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1248888169&sr=8-7

Well, PC fans can always:

1z4y69x.png

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
BattleMonkey said:
The COD4 comparison between the two was epic, ironically the PC version was always "fuck you get out PC elitist"

If this thread is in any way indicative of the way you guys carried yourselves back then, I can't say I'd blame them. So far the PC crowd that's shown up here has done a fantastic job of making their party look like the Barry Bonds of gaming.

_Angelus_

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
LOL my 360 version is superior to your PS3 version lolz. What? PC? Fuck you PC WHORE!

Only if your PC is up to a high standard can you then be allowed to hate on consoles though. :b But then again half the people in this forum seem to have welfare PCs that can't even play Left4dead.:lol

Err...buy or build a new PC. :/
2nd option is the best and is really easy and quite fun.

Tokubetsu

CoD4, Max AA, Ultra Texture Setting, 16x AF, Everything Else Max 1680x1050. Shit never goes below 70 fps. What do you console cats know about that shit? That's right, you don't know.

28kox0z.gif

Ballin'

Just give me MW2 on an iv son! hook me up to that shit straight. I need it in ma veins.

RobertM

Limited path, static environments, and they still have to go the sub resolution route. I would be ok with 30 fps if it means we get a better game.

StuBurns

Banned
RobertM said:
Limited path, static environments, and they still have to go the sub resolution route. I would be ok with 30 fps if it means we get a better game.
Define a 'better game'.

EDIT: Tomb Raider avatar, never mind.

I always thought something looked kinda strange about COD4 and 5 as both games hurt my eyes to play and I find it hard to focus on things in the distance. I guess my PC eyes are so used to 1680x1050 that they can't handle [sarcasm]TOTAL GRAPHICAL SHIT[/sarcasm]

Kosma

Banned
600p never stopped me from playing the shit out COD4 on my PS3.

That said...I can't wait to play MW2 on my PC :)

Tokubetsu

RobertM said:

2qty35w.jpg

Edit: Tomb Raider Chronicles in your avatar? LOL NVM.

Top Bottom