• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare Remastered won't be sold separately

Fury451

Banned
From this news, it seems like any supposed stand alone price would be 19.99, which i think would be absolutely fair, but if they won't bite, i can't really see why i would to buy IW.

Leaving money on the table

Pretty obvious from this thread that if it was separate, everyone would just buy and play that instead because they're not interested in what Infinite is selling. Me included.

Like I said, it's a good business decision to hold it hostage for awhile as incentive to sell $80 worth of product.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Your binding an entire remastered game complete with its own multiplayer ecosystem to a digital download code tied to the preorder of a game that is not even hype?

Good luck with that.

You say that as if they won't sell millions of copies this holiday.

Gurish

I know it's part of a forced bundle but 20$ is pretty cheap for the amount of work they did on the remaster, such work worth even 40$.

Significant number of maps not included and then it's not sold separately. No thanks.
What the dlc maps? Lol oh, I'm sure you'll get a few of the fan favorites along with the iw dlc maps...which will probably feature 3 new maps and one old mw1 map lol. Never underestimate activations ability to fuck over the player. At least treyarch tries to put up a fight against this nickel and dime crap. After what they did to blops 3 everybody planning to buy this should commence bending over now.

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
I have no problem with this. From a business standpoint alone made this surely the outcome. For those saying that you'll possibly need the IW disk to launch MWR doesnt make sense at all. Wouldn't that be one big ass gb blu ray? MWR is going to be a separate download code for it's own application. Makes too much sense.

oti

Banned
I love the audacity of this move.

"Yeah, we know you only want MW. But you still have to give us ALL YOUR MONEY, suckers!"

That said, of course it'll be a separate download down the line.

I have no problem with this. From a business standpoint alone made this surely the outcome. For those saying that you'll possibly need the IW disk to launch MWR doesnt make sense at all. Wouldn't that be one big ass gb blu ray? MWR is going to be a separate download code for it's own application. Makes too much sense.
Except it's just tales from your ass and you have no idea. It could just be considered pre order dlc for the new game.

Luq

Smart move. Some people are complaning now, but it won't matter for mass market. From their perspective they are getting TWO CoD games in price of one, this package will sell like crazy.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Pretty obvious from this thread that if it was separate, everyone would just buy and play that instead because they're not interested in what Infinite is selling. Me included.

Like I said, it's a good business decision to hold it hostage for awhile as incentive to sell $80 worth of product.

Hey, if they sell it down the line seperate with the extra maps from the base game bundled in for the standalone version, and as a DLC expansion for the people who bought it at Infinite Warfare's launch, that would be fine.

But for all we know, they aren't planning on that. Which just makes no sense to me considering they are attempting to put multiplayer in as well. They are competing with IW's multiplayer anyway but won't let others join in which seems counter productive to the overall health of the game's online component

KOHIPEET

11-deadpool-3.w529.h529.jpg

Floody

Didn't expect they would straight away, though I'll wait, if they never sell it separately, I' guess I'll never get it. MW3 turned me of Infinity Ward, so I have no intentions on getting Infinite Warfare (unless word of mouth is really good).

MilkyJoe

I'll probably buy it at GAME, take out the code and go to CEX straight away. It's like a five minute walk between the two.

I don't blame you, I'm amazed they are hijacking the game behind this piece of shit sequel* you have to question their faith in their product.

*educated guess, more likely than not.

This has got to be a scare tactic. Wait a month ot two after IW is released get all the sales you can get for IW then when sales start to plateau release MWR.

JTripper

Joke's on you! Best Buy's GCU brings the Legacy Edition to $64.

People would probably pay $60 for the remaster alone.

N.Grim

It manages to be a genius move while maintaining a low. Like, your furious about it but you can't even fault them for the decision.
Like every dick move in todays market, as long as people keep following those company things are going to be progressively worse.

Catvoca

Banned
I know people just want COD4, but the amount of hate people have for a game that hasn't come out is ridiculous. Infinite could end up being a great COD game, I don't see why eveyone here is shitting on it.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
So you can't even get it with a vanilla copy of Infinite Warfare? Has to be the more expensive edition?

Sorry, but I don't foresee a large and lasting community, without an option to buy it on its own.

Tryxx

Remaster should never happen tbh, especially for a COD as loved as COD 4. This is going to completely split the community pretty badly.

Not interested in IW, but with GCU I'll play it then trade it in for ~$40 and still have MW for a grand total of ~$24 plus tax. Subtract another $10 if BB decides to hand out gift cards for pre-ordering. I'm okay with this.
Yep. This sounds fine to me. And if IW turns out great, I'll play a bit and maybe keep it. Win win.

Would have picked up a standalone copy just to check it out, since I never played the original. Definitely not buying Infinite Warfare, and knowing there's a significantly improved version of the campaign (don't give a shit about CoD multi) available on a platform I own is gonna make me even less likely to bother running through on 360.

JTripper

I know people just want COD4, but the amount of hate people have for a game that hasn't come out is ridiculous. Infinite could end up being a great COD game, I don't see why eveyone here is shitting on it.

Yeah, CoD games are at least solid even at their worst. They're never outright bad.

Most people just want Modern Warfare remastered though so I can understand people who loved MW but don't play the new ones as being a bit ticked off. There's no way they won't release it as a separate download at some point either cause that just means more money once the Infinite Warfare hype has died down. They know that if they release it separately at launch then their Infinite Warfare sales might hurt cause of it.

Sethista

is the multiplayer for MW remastered be based on its multiplayer system, or base don the new ones?

I really want to go back to 3 radar 5 plane 7 helicopter, and stop with this 25 nuke, business.

Alienous

Remaster should never happen tbh, especially for a COD as loved as COD 4. This is going to completely split the community pretty badly.

If Infinite Warfare isn't the best Call of Duty yet people were going to leave that sharpish anyway. They've done that with Ghosts and Advanced Warfare.

At least now you'll know where they're going.

Ashhong

I was cool with this until I read that it's only available with the Legacy edition and up. So now I'm paying 80$ for MWR with a bonus COD game. Eh...

Ha. I say they will sell it separately.

By the way, will I be able to play the old CoD on servers or are they still P2P? I abandoned CoD after MW2.

Heartfyre

The real kicker for me is that, when they do release it separately eventually, do you think it'd sell for just the extra $20 they're selling it for in the Legacy Edition? Not at all! The least I see it going for is $40 when it releases. Frankly, since I'm half-willing to give a current-gen CoD a chance, I'm thinking I'll just avoid the wait.

Top Bottom