• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike breaks Puzzle & Dragons' hold as top earning Japanese mobile game

JoeFu

Banned
Downloading it right now! Wanna see what this is all about.

So I got a super rare with the free draw. Guessing this is like most games where it goes R->SR->UR?

Incidentally, does anyone remember the old Capcom GBC game, Metal Walker? Monster Strike kinda reminds me of that game, come to think of it. I wonder if any of Okamoto's guys worked on that one.

I played through that one, great little game. If Monster Strike ends up being similar I could see myself really enjoying it.

JoeFu

Banned
Is it worth restarting to get a good first draw? If this game does give the in game currency out like candy it shouldn't be a big deal right?

john tv

Would be nice to know if and when its planned for the EU anyway.

Edit:

The site doesnt mention a EU release either ...hmm.

http://us.monster-strike.com/
Sadly I don't think EU is in the cards just yet. For as successful as the game is in Japan, mixi is pretty small and still building out their global operation. So they're basically going region by region. I'll try and find out a rough timeframe for EU, but I don't think it'll be super soon. T_T

Is P&D out in Europe?

JoeFu

Banned
ibwohOF2kHChxZ.png

I got a thing

is this good.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sadly I don't think EU is in the cards just yet. For as successful as the game is in Japan, mixi is pretty small and still building out their global operation. So they're basically going region by region. I'll try and find out a rough timeframe for EU, but I don't think it'll be super soon. T_T

Is P&D out in Europe?

Ah thats sad to hear but at least i wont have to look for it every other hour now. It was kinda expected since GungHo and Co. all started first with on region before expanding further.

PaD is out in europe for iOS but the Android version is still MIA.

Well lets just hope they reconsider once the US versions launch period is over.

Edit:

Still want to try it out now, might start looking for the Android apk.

john tv

Ah thats sad to hear but at least i wont have to look for it every other hour now. It was kinda expected since GungHo and Co. all started first with on region before expanding further.

PaD is out in europe for iOS but the Android version is still MIA.

Well lets just hope they reconsider once the US versions launch period is over.

Edit:

Still want to try it out now, might start looking for the Android apk.
I'll definitely push the point next time I see them - is P&D in multiple languages, or EN only?

cw_sasuke

I'll definitely push the point next time I see them - is P&D in multiple languages, or EN only?

That would be great. PaD is EN only in europe as well and its more than enough for this kind of game and the main target group right now.

Edit:

To be fair, the App description on the store is translated but the game itself in EN only.

Before I go through the process of getting a US iTunes account, is there anything preventing this from being played outside of the US? I should be good to get a US account, download and play, right? (in the UK)

XaosWolf

So this is out on the US PlayStore?
Been playing the Japanese one to try it out and if its out for US Android now, then I needs the APK. =P

Nasser

It hasn't even been a day and I spent about $10 to get orbs. This was the reason I deleted P&D :( I spend way too much on these kind of games. but on the other side, I'm enjoying it so much :)

Oh wow, this game doesn't have a ridiculously long tutorial that makes it a complete pain in the ass to re-roll. Insta-like from me! Rolled Odin for my first try, going to re-roll methinks.

cw_sasuke

Okay rerolling in this game is way quicker/better than in other game - i will try to go for a 5 star right now. Only playing the tutorial this game seems very polished art assets and text all in high resolution and the music quality seems good too.

Svafnir

I got Karin, keeping her.

Also this game for sure reminds me of Puzzle and Dragons but I much prefer this games "combat" mechanic.

My ID: 777 551 844 427

JoeFu

Banned
So how does the multiplayer work? Do you have to play with people close to you? I'm currently in Taiwan... not America. Gonna guess I won't find anyone to play with at the moment.

FZZ

Banned
I just downloaded it, didn't want to bother rerolling and after like 4 regular rolls on the Gacha I got a five-star monster lol.

Also I got a Striker, Jr? from the Friend Gacha. Don't know what he's good for but he's five stars.

cw_sasuke

Got a 5star - Sanada Yukimaru. Looks kinda cool, i think i will keep her.

2014-10-23-12-55-04alpy5.png

You also get another 5 orb quickly after the tutorial when you finish the first dungeon floor. Also two orbs for daily log-ins during the launch period, very nice.

My ID: 232,989,460,481

Top Bottom