• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike breaks Puzzle & Dragons' hold as top earning Japanese mobile game

dose

Oh wow, this game doesn't have a ridiculously long tutorial that makes it a complete pain in the ass to re-roll. Insta-like from me! Rolled Odin for my first try, going to re-roll methinks.
Are you playing the same game? The actual game is fun but so many menus and popups all the time. Very overwhelming.

Are you playing the same game? The actual game is fun but so many menus and popups all the time. Very overwhelming.
Compared to P&D or Brave Frontier it feels very light on the tutorials. Hell, right after the first battle you can skip the menu tutorials and get straight to your first monster pull.

Kouriozan

Game is really good, but either the server are hammered or I really should wait an EU release.
Every action in the menus give a 5sec "loading"
Pah, not even P&D is out in mainland Europe, wake me about this in a year... maybe.
It was released in Europe exactly 1 year ago.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Shit this game is really good, no wonder it's been such a hit in Japan. Before anything else it's just fun, getting a perfect when one shooting the boss is just amazing.

FoxSpirit

Game is really good, but either the server are hammered or I really should wait an EU release.
Every action in the menus give a 5sec "loading"

It was released in Europe exactly 1 year ago.
I can't find it. Nothing. Not even in the rankings. And I'm in Austria, that's as central Europe as you get.

Faiz

This might be obvious to players who stuck with PAD, but should I have any reservations about following monster descriptions regarding how to use them?

For example, monsters that hatch maxed and say "sell for huge gold!" No point in doing anything other than just outright selling them right?

Anything else I should be aware of regarding how NOT to use certain monsters, or the right/efficient way to fuse?

ZeroAKA

Got this guy on my second roll after the tutorial:
7H3MjNw.png
I don't like his design that much, but he's S-tier on Cosmo's list. I'm guessing I should keep him.

Edit: My ID is 434,472,517,031. :)

cw_sasuke

Just now used the first twi Strike Shots - yes those are powerful moves and they are quite nice presented.

But its kinda weird that you get so many shitty monsters from every dungeon, nothing left to do then sell them i guess ?

@ZeroAKA
Zeus looks nice, for sure a keeper.

Sweet, PAD broke after my 1+1 updated to 38R so I needed a new fix, downloading now!

EDIT: How do you reroll on Android? Just uninstall or is there some cached data? And do you just do it after your "first" free roll or are there a couple more chances in the beginning?

cw_sasuke

I'm on reroll number 8, I think I'll settle for a 5* at this point.

As you should, once you start playing you will be able to reroll like 3-4 times in the next session. You really get more than enough orbs at the beginning, its not like with PaD where the struggle begins after your first free batch.

As you should, once you start playing you will be able to reroll like 3-4 times in the next session. You really get more than enough orbs at the beginning, its not like with PaD where the struggle begins after your first free batch.

Okay awesome, just got Royce so I think I'm good.

Okay cool so not only does the English version let you do multiplayer with people not physically nearby, it also lets you share codes over FB and Whatsapp rather than just LINE.

...but I think I'd rather use LINE anyways

Got a 5* no.326 Nanami, as on that Google Docs list so I'll probably just keep her and go from here.

I'll add you guys, my name is my GAF name!

So, once I get my girl into playing this, how do we play co-op? I was checking menus and it's through Facebook, Whastsup, and Line?
If you're physically next to her you can use the "search for players" feature without bothering with social media.

If you're away, like most of GAF is, the game launch that app with a URL that launches the game into a lobby. I think the url is shareable anywhere but I haven't tried it much.

Cool, thanks for the info. Man, ever since PAD died on my phone (not compatible with new update) have tried so many others to replace that 'fix' and this one just falls right into place!

Syril

For anyone concerned, I found a section in the terms of service mentioning that they close accounts that haven't been active in six months.

john tv

First of all, if you got Zeus -- OMG am I jealous. Zeus is amazing and DEFINITELY worth keeping.

Any of you guys use LINE? We should make a GAF LINE group. In any case, my ID is:

U3dJE0c.jpg

Wanchan

I'll stick with the JP version, don't want to restart everything and play a "months behind" version even if i'm really tempted by the MULTI...

Top Bottom