• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike breaks Puzzle & Dragons' hold as top earning Japanese mobile game

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
From what I've seen any 5* falls into "fuck I don't want to reroll anymore" territory. Multiplayer co-op means you can get carried by other players too.

A LINE group would be a good idea, my LINE ID is scyl.

I keep rerolling :( I don't know if I'll ever shake my PAD mindset where I just HAD to start with a Green Odin.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So you need Line, Facebook and Co. to use the online Multiplayer?

(Disclaimer: I worked on the US version, so if you don't know me/trust me, feel free to disregard this post.) :)

For the rest of you...this is the first game of its kind (the Japanese F2P gacha kind) to really sink its hooks into me. Way more than Puzzle & Dragons ever did (which I also like, but not nearly as much as MS). I've probably played over 200 hours of the Japanese version over the past 6 months. There are two main reasons for it, I think: 1) it's an action game with simple controls (but complex physics), and 2) it's got four-player online co-op. It's a fun game to play alone, but playing with others really takes it to another level -- it's only once I started playing co-op that I started getting crazy into the game. You only use stamina if you're the host; if you run out of stamina, you can still join other players' games whenever you want, which basically means you can keep playing forever if you have friends to play with. Plus they give you Orbs (this game's currency - your Magic Stones, if you will) like it's nobody's business. The first 10 players you play co-op with, you get 5 Orbs a piece (!), and then you get another one per person for the next 90 players. Plus they give you 5 Orbs (plus some other stuff) for every new player you invite to the game who completes the Tutorial for up to 100 (I think?) players. It's kinda ridiculous.

BTW, the main game designer is Yoshiki Okamoto (Street Fighter, Final Fight, Forgotten Worlds, Zelda: Oracles, etc. etc.).

Once it's out in the US (soon!), I definitely want to play with you guys! :D

There is a GOD!

So glad to see this guy back in success again

Nine rerolls, all four stars. Just give me a fucking five star.
Did you reinstall immediately after the egg drop? Like Terra Battle you can get two rolls off one attempt by entering the first post tutorial dungeon. Don't even have to complete it, you can give up from the menu and you'll have another five orbs waiting in your missions screen.

Einbroch

Banned
Did you reinstall immediately after the egg drop? Like Terra Battle you can get two rolls off one attempt by entering the first post tutorial dungeon. Don't even have to complete it, you can give up from the menu and you'll have another five orbs waiting in your missions screen.

orly

Thanks.

Shouta

Oh snap. Already out? I am in this shit. This is an awesome game from the time I spent with the JP version.

Shouta

Holy crap, it looks like they really sped up the starter phase in this? My first monster is already evolved as a part of the tutorial. That didn't happen when I tried the JP version recently.

Was this anyone here?

aIddBkr7P5OB6fYkgUzWpPne8Aax6IMrVduwq1-8l-g3IbuOb6qBZ7aGdWWFBDe713mDBlgP3xziLM4IZTbK6E0GkyG9VxwS=w1896-h816

mid83

I take it since you re roll by deleting it's just local data with no multidevice support?

Better load this up on my phone then.

Pbae

I got a 5* Valkyrie.

Anyone know if that's decent.

I read that it's a pretty decent start but I don't believe it's on the tier list

Was this anyone here?

aIddBkr7P5OB6fYkgUzWpPne8Aax6IMrVduwq1-8l-g3IbuOb6qBZ7aGdWWFBDe713mDBlgP3xziLM4IZTbK6E0GkyG9VxwS=w1896-h816

I'm wondering the same :eek:

Holy crap, it looks like they really sped up the starter phase in this? My first monster is already evolved as a part of the tutorial. That didn't happen when I tried the JP version recently.

Seems like it then, I haven't played the Japanese version but my monster evolved too as part of the tutorial!

And should I bother to reroll?

89LL50d.png
2XhePs5.png

I got Yadea on my first roll and Mundus on the second.

commish

you may try Terra Battle ;)

I grew a bit tired of Terra Battle. Cant really explain why, tbh, since it checks off literally every box I have for these types of games. I still find myself playing Brave Frontier though.

Shouta

Oh damn. If you skip the fusion/evolve tutorials, your monster doesn't get the first upgrade for free. =O

commish

I keep rerolling for a good starter, but I just rolled some character that is sitting on a little airplane. Must keep.

Top Bottom