• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Season 4 |OT| Twilight Princess Returns

Curiocity

xIsd9yD.jpg
time for those pony drinking games!
I'm a lightweight…this is a bad idea

kunonabi

Can't wait to be disappointed!!!

i'm still hoping they can make it all work despite my reservations. I was a huge fan of Rodimus Prime's tenure so I'm not against large scale shake-ups and MLP has much better writers so there is no reason why they can't make the best of this shitty situation. I'd probably be most positive about Twilicorn if Equestria Girls and Magical Mystery Cure hadn't been so awful.

I clicked on this thread thinking that season 4 was here already.

I was disappointed to learn that it wasn't yet the case. Luckily this reminded it will be here soon, though. Really looking forward to this.

I've been significantly out of the fandom for a long time. Partially because I simply have other hobbies and it's hard to keep up with fandom. And partially because some of the things created by the fandom I really haven't liked. I like the heartwarming kindness and innocence about the show. And a lot of fanworks that come out seem to try to adult-ify the franchise and produce nasty content.

I still keep up with the music, but not all that much outside of that.
But the show I always have time for. It's going to be good to have it back after so long.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

Theory time:

It's a flashback/time travel episode, where Twi goes back to various points in Equestrias past, with the viewpoint of Celestia. Would explain the mad Nightmare Moon stuff as well as the Discord statue, which seems to be the first one, not the later stonification.

Didn't read any other spoilers, so maybe someone thought of this already.

UberTag

I havent seen the human movie, dare I watch it?
Equestria Girls was far better than it had any right to be given the atrocious concept, the hideous character designs and Twilight being given a guy to crush over.

The voice acting, music and characterizations still managed to deliver in spite of all that... and if those are the big draws for you when it comes to MLP: Friendship is Magic then you'll probably be won over.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Equestria Girls was far better than it had any right to be given the atrocious concept, the hideous character designs and Twilight being given a guy to crush over.

The voice acting, music and characterizations still managed to deliver in spite of all that... and if those are the big draws for you when it comes to MLP: Friendship is Magic then you'll probably be won over.

I hated the idea of the movie so much, ask IRC PonyGAF. Then I saw it and loved it. Also there are lots of puns for people like us in that movie :)

That idea with the
Everfree forest growing and trying to take over Ponyville
is a fantastic concept.

I still haven't seen the movie, either. I really don't like the specific design of the human ponies. While I'm not against humanizing the ponies. The concept of the movie I've been exposed to and the character designed really put me off.

I mean to try it out eventually. But my negative feelings usually leave me not feeling up to it.

I have seen a few clips from it, though. The one with the Cutie Mark Crusaders and essentially Youtube was pretty humourous. That's not a spoiler, is it?

I hated the idea of the movie so much, ask IRC PonyGAF. Then I saw it and loved it. Also there are lots of puns for people like us in that movie :)

Mmmm, maybe I watch it tonight.

That idea with the
Everfree forest growing and trying to take over Ponyville
is a fantastic concept.

I still haven't seen the movie, either. I really don't like the specific design of the human ponies. While I'm not against humanizing the ponies. The concept of the movie I've been exposed to and the character designed really put me off.

I mean to try it out eventually. But my negative feelings usually leave me not feeling up to it.

I have seen a few clips from it, though. The one with the Cutie Mark Crusaders and essentially Youtube was pretty humourous. That's not a spoiler, is it?

Yep, I liked the idea of the school place (if it was something like Hercules cartoon series) and I usually like humanized pony art, but the designs were horrible and the school story seems to be more focused to girls school story, sadly. Still will give it a chance.

dXzVHcV.gif

I'm sorry, I just had to.

Thats pretty well done for a pony hate gif lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You know you guys don't have to spoiler stuff from the previews. No sense having this thread look like a CIA document for simple speculation.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
You know you guys don't have to spoiler stuff from the previews. No sense having this thread look like a CIA document for simple speculation.

It's become a habit
OF FRIENDSHIP
!

But yeah, you're right I guess :)

Yep, I liked the idea of the school place (if it was something like Hercules cartoon series) and I usually like humanized pony art, but the designs were horrible and the school story seems to be more focused to girls school story, sadly. Still will give it a chance.

It's actually from a really cool Russian fan animation from a couple years back. Forgot what it was called, it was essentially a take on what happened 1000 years ago that led to Luna's banishment
The plane was hers.

That "This Day Aria" song was pretty great. Like Renaissance-era Disney vibes.

Well there are similarities between it and that one scene where Human!Ursula is singing in front of a mirror and Sebastian discovers she's the sea witch.

Kind of what I thought. I don't have any strong feelings either way about ponies but that gif is pretty intense, lol

Not a hate gif. It's part of a short Celestia vs. Luna movie.

So I just saw the movie...
WTF The movie was actually good?!
It just really felt like a normal episode of the series, I loved all the jokes and tributes to the community (youtube portal with the CMC was amazing) and the majority of scenes were very humorous and interesting (first half was best when Twilight tries to move like a human and still does pony things and meeting the rest of the gang). Derpy Hooves in the credits with a muffin and the Trixie scenes where a great nod to the fans.

So as I said before, I thought the only way to do the school setting well was doing something like Disney's Hercules cartoon series, and well, that was what they did. I thought before watching it that it was going to be some shitty high school girl drama like that fucking Monster High shit, but thank god, this series has good writers than know how to cater to everyone. So yeah, really fun movie.

Also can we have the art of the movie-s opening for the series opening, song inlcuded?

Not all is good though.
-The designs, they are still bad. Better in motion, but still bad (upper body in motion its what I feel looked best). The biggest problem I have with them is the high boots for everyone and the skin colors. Do the skin colors stuck like a sore thumb. Would have been much better with everyone in human skin, with different tones and races (like Pinkie Pie and Big Mac looks the best becuase of that). I think the worse offenders are the secondary characters, there are some atrocious color mixes there, it looked to much like Monster High, probably the worst part of the whole movie. The hair with different colors is fine though. Also I think the ending act with the girls transforming will have had a bigger impact with the pony colors appearing at that moment.

-Not enough good songs :( Very normal songs in fact. The best one without a doubt was the cafeteria song that sounded like Queen at the start. It was a movie, Ingram could have go full blown out epic! Catchy and epic, something like High School Musical 3, with fireworks, villian songs and shit! Its a little sad coming from a series that has this type of excellent tracks. Background music was really good though.

-The villian. Snips and snails as followers, her voice and the demon transformation were the best parts. I still dont understand very well why she wanted to rule (or whatever she planned), her motives are bad, and the scenes where se appears are not really that good either. A pretty meh character, something a little bit more crazy as a villian (like her being more touched up in the head and making real villian plans) will have done wonders for the central plot. Basically it was only an excuse for the human alternate universe.

But yeah, a part form those, I had a great time watching it. Cant wait for season 4 now.

It's actually from a really cool Russian fan animation from a couple years back. Forgot what it was called, it was essentially a take on what happened 1000 years ago that led to Luna's banishment
The plane was hers.

That explains why is well done.

Videoneon

Starting to lose my patience. Need to enjoy, soak in, and think through some pony. =3

I'm hearing that
Discord is a regular
. What a disappointment.
Talk about overstayed welcome.

475519__safe_solo_rarity_twitter_season+4_meghan+mccarthy_meghan+mccarthy+hype+train.jpg

Now where's my Celestia episode Meghan?

Celestia will be the final villain at the season closer =P

jk, of course

475519__safe_solo_rarity_twitter_season+4_meghan+mccarthy_meghan+mccarthy+hype+train.jpg

Now where's my Celestia episode Meghan?

So this is ging to be like Doctor Who's twitter countdown but with the mane6 and every photo saying each one is going to get episodes on season 4, no?

Starting to lose my patience. Need to enjoy, soak in, and think through some pony. =3

I'm hearing that
Discord is a regular
. What a disappointment.
Talk about overstayed welcome.

boo-this-man-o.gif

Tenumi

Banned
From what I've gathered,
recurring is more apt than regular. I don't imagine we'll get more than a handful of episodes with him.

That's what I personally expect.
I can't imagine that John de Lancie is particularly cheap to employ.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
He's not exactly an in demand actor. He has a nerd following because of Star Trek. At the same time voice work isn't nearly as expensive as a full acting job. Just look at the guest star list on another Hub cartoon, Pound Puppies.

brian577

Banned
He's not exactly an in demand actor. He has a nerd following because of Star Trek. At the same time voice work isn't nearly as expensive as a full acting job. Just look at the guest star list on another Hub cartoon, Pound Puppies.

Good point. Betty White is practically a regular on that show.

There's such a thing as "too much of a good thing".

Imagine if Q was in every episode of TNG...

Well, but he was only in his original special, and the Fluttershy episode. Not that much.
Maybe him appear in little parts here and there is better than what happened in the one when he turns good.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Funny thing is most the Q episodes weren't even that good.

Good:
Q-Who
Deja-Q
Tapestry
All Good Things...

Meh:
Q-Pid
Death Wish

Bad:
Q-Less
Hide and Q
Q2
True Q

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:
Q And The Grey

I'm really excited to see how the show handles it. The Comics have already revealed there is an issue coming up where Discord teams up with the Cutie Mark Crusaders in February.

I think Discord can be used well. I'd like to see something like Egophiliac did on the Slice of Pony Life comic.
http://sliceofponylife.tumblr.com/

I think Discord can be used well. I'd like to see something like Egophiliac did on the Slice of Pony Life comic.
http://sliceofponylife.tumblr.com/

She knows how to really do comics, feels like canon, not fanfic.

BTW do the baby carrots appear in the movie, there's a ginger girl with glasses and a guy that plays american football that look like both of them, but obviously are to old if you compare them to the CMC.

Top Bottom