• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Season 4 |OT| Twilight Princess Returns

Zelias

Banned
Good episodes all around. The flashbacks were awesome fanservice, and I'm glad that Discord's character doesn't seem to have suffered after his reformation.

Season long story arc is also looking good.

kunonabi

the adventure episodes are hit or miss for me and this episode was a bit of a miss. it still doesn't seem like they have a cleear idea of what to do with Twilight has they kept bouncing around with her. I thought the flashbacks went a little long with only 2 bits of info really coming out of them. Not much screen time for the non-alicorns either but that's to be expected. I'm glad that the elements are gone and Twlight has moved out of Ponyville though. I'm guessing the box is going to be Twlight's new task considering she seems to serve no real purpose as far as being a Princess goes.

Still i enjoyed the rest of it and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

$200

Banned
Considering Celestia used her horn to open a lock in s2e1...the 6 locks better not mean 6 alicorn horns >_>

blamite

Pretty mediocre episodes, but then the big adventure type ones almost always are. I'm glad they got both parts out of the way in one week though, the faster the show gets back the the slice-of-life stuff the better.

McNum

Calling it now, there's Friendship in the box.

That is, the quest for the keys will test the ponies' friendship to the limit, but by coming through, they'll each receive a key. And that is the real treasure, tempered friendships that will never break, even if the group has to split apart due to some ponies getting new responsibilities elsewhere.

The box will either be empty or contain six wearable jewels of some kind as friendship tokens. (And sold separately as toys.)

Gotchaye

I liked this better than most of the other two parters, which are generally weaker episodes, and I'm optimistic about the season ahead. They've toned down Twilight's magic considerably, which was perhaps necessary, but they're taking the princess thing seriously (so far) without it destroying the show. The backstory bits were neat, if kind of shoehorned in, and Discord felt unnecessary. I can buy that the gang would feel weird about going on adventures with Twilight like they used to, especially with Celestia and Luna out of the picture, and I thought that was handled fairly well.

Tenumi

Banned
Applejack isn't getting enough love for her time on this episode.

Also, Pinkie is basically just a random assortment of jokes now. She was crazy before, but now almost all her jokes leave me with,"what?" Like the frosting joke.

Yeah, if Pinkie doesn't improve, she'll be dropping down my list.

I should probably feel bad about laughing when she fell down the stairs, though.

kunonabi

Yeah, if Pinkie doesn't improve, she'll be dropping down my list.

I should probably feel bad about laughing when she fell down the stairs, though.

I'm just hoping she doesn't reach Equestia Games levels of awfulness. She was unbearable in that episode.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I have to admit I'm a little disappointed they didn't keep Pinklestia in the flashbacks. Would have been a great nod to include younger Luna as well. Probably thought kids would be too stupid to figure out who they are.

Also, Tabitha didn't sound at all like her Nightmare Moon from the pilot.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
sXZjZQz.png

So Celestia Had Magic, Generosity, and Kindness. Luna had Laughter, Loyalty, and Honesty. I think it's a good spread. Those are certainly the three I would most associate with Celestia.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Guys, no whining about spoilers, please. Don't let a select few stifle all discussion in this thread as well.

For example, we need to find out how much the Magic Key DLC costs. Twilight can't save the day without your money!

And lots of it.

Speaking of which, S4 1-2 was better than S3 1-2, but that's not really a high achievement. Discord was good at some points, annoying at others. Wish they hadn't made him into a pet like they did. I do like how they managed to reset the power level of the group, as it were. No more one-shotting people!

Tenumi

Banned
Guys, no whining about spoilers, please. Don't let a select few stifle all discussion in this thread as well.

For example, we need to find out how much the Magic Key DLC costs. Twilight can't save the day without your money!

And lots of it.

Speaking of which, S4 1-2 was better than S3 1-2, but that's not really a high achievement. Discord was good at some points, annoying at others. Wish they hadn't made him into a pet like they did.

I didn't whine about spoilers, I was responding to the image that was originally posted, the one that is now a Sweetie Belle image.

Based on the iPod/Android app, the Magic Key DLC is going to cost a lot of gems.

Village

So Celestia Had Magic, Generosity, and Kindness. Luna had Laughter, Loyalty, and Honesty. I think it's a good spread. Those are certainly the three I would most associate with Celestia.

I don't know considering Princess Sonic need the Choas Emeralds to beat sh .. I mean Celestia Needed the elements to beat luna ( because that didn't look like anything Else.) And for all for intents and purposes,Luna was left unchanged with extra possible sleep harming powers). I would give it to the blue one, then again. If the element is more the knowledge and wisdom around magic rather than magic itself, than it makes sense for the white one to have it.

I would imagine if the Celestia and Luna's awesome adventures were to become a thing, Celestia would be the brains of the operation and luna would be more of the Strength. And would explain the whole nightmare moon thing.

PaulloDEC

Well, that was pretty awesome. Big improvement on the S3 Crystal Empire opener IMO. Nicely plotted, and I love that they had the characters give up their elements, which had already become a bit of a crutch.

Even Discord was on great form here, and the six keys arc seems like it could be pretty neat. Feeling good about this!

Well, what can I say? Absolutely loved it. Apple Jack was a boss in this episode. Kinda wished Discord played a more important role in this episode but I loved his bits anyways. So excited for more pony!!!

$200

Banned
Well, what can I say? Absolutely loved it. Apple Jack was a boss in this episode. Kinda wished Discord played a more important role in this episode but I loved his bits anyways. So excited for more pony!!!

Can't say I'm too impressed with AJ in this episode as she started the whole "princess shouldn't be with as" non-sense. She does look pretty badass fighting the vines though.

PaulloDEC

Can't say I'm too impressed with AJ in this episode as she started the whole "princess shouldn't be with as" non-sense. She does look pretty badass fighting the vines though.

To be fair on AJ, she had a really good point. With Celestia and Luna out of the picture, something happening to Twilight would mean that control of Equestria would default back to Cadance. Cadance, people.

I kid, I love Cadance.

Kenai

I thought this was a pretty good two parter, it's like they didn't miss a beat. Looking forward to seeing more.

To be fair on AJ, she had a really good point. With Celestia and Luna out of the picture, something happening to Twilight would mean that control of Equestria would default back to Cadance. Cadance, people.

I kid, I love Cadance.

Yeah, Apple Jack is the sensible, and responsible pony. Putting the overall good of Equestra ahead of her wanting her freind with them is perfectly in character for AJ.

Apple Jack is the best pony after all.

PaulloDEC

I figure it was Sombra being a very adapt Unicorn. Probably had some help along the lines of the alicorn amulet.

I just meant it was weird that when Twilight was told to perform "Alicorn magic" what she actually produced was an effect that we've previously only seen associated with Sombra's evil junk. Seems a little strange.

Top Bottom