• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 Memorium Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching a lot of MST3k lately and thought it a good idea to start a thread where we post our favorite episodes and discuss the show. Also, make suggestions on Rifftrax if you've seen any, and if you haven't, it's probably time you checked them out:

HTTP://www.rifftrax.com

I'll start with Hobgoblins, a really awful Gremlins ripoff from the late eighties.

HOBGOBLINS.jpg

And Prince of Space, a poorly dubbed Japanese sci-fi flick from the 50's.

Krankor.jpg

Both qualify as my favorite episodes. I didn't care too much for the movie--it was okay, but nothing too special compared to the normal show. It'd still be nice if they could get all the legal issues worked out and press the friggin DVD again--just before I bought a DVD player I found it on sale for $10 and thought "Hey--I should buy that! I'll have a DVD player eventually!" and never did. Now I'm stuck with a shitty VHS of it. The quality of the show itself seemed a lot better in the Sci-fi era seasons (8-10), although the host segments were probably better during the Joel days.

Anyway, what about you guys?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I've bought every single MST3K DVD set so far :D

Needless to say I support this thread

Clevinger

My favorite is easily Space Mutiny. Sooo great.

820-space_mutiny.jpg

"Hey, she's dead!"

"Ah, don't you hate it when the chaperon starts dancing with the kids?"

:lol

Rowsdower

Clevinger said:

"Hey, she's dead!"

I love this episode. Especially the girly screams of the protagonist and the awesome floor waxer chasing scene.

ckohler

Overdrawn.jpg

By far my favorite of all time. Season 8 was fantastic.

"I'm as clumsy as a stupid repulsive ant-eater!" :lol

This reminds me that I really need to locate the rest of those eps that are not out on DVD yet. Apparently, it's pretty damn easy now-a-days. I remember when the only reliable place to find episodes online was through emule and there was like 800 different restrictions on how to use it. But ah.. so worth it.

My contribution to this thread though is one of the all time best shorts, Mr. B Natural!

2 favorites

Eegah!

eegah6.jpg

"watch out for snakes!"

My first MST3K VHS purchase, well worth it. The movie has a few ridiculous parts like the horribly post-recorded line i have listed above!

and Jack Frost aka Father Frost aka Morozko

180px-Morozko_dvd.jpg

I love this one because it is a purely ridiculously made russo-finnish film, with horrible voice dubbing, and weird characters. Bears that pick mushrooms wtf? The main guy character turning into a bear? god it is crazy and hilarious (got this one on vhs taped off of sci fi)

HELL YES to this thread, I cannot wait to have a sweet discussion!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Red Mercury said:
This reminds me that I really need to locate the rest of those eps that are not out on DVD yet. Apparently, it's pretty damn easy now-a-days. I remember when the only reliable place to find episodes online was through emule and there was like 800 different restrictions on how to use it. But ah.. so worth it.

My contribution to this thread though is one of the all time best shorts, Mr. B Natural!

Yes, it is the best short ever :lol

masud

Banned
My favorite show ever. No way I could pick a favorite episode. But I always loved whet they did the old 50's educational shorts.

Not my favorite one (too many good ones to choose from), but we love crying out "Manos!" when we're on a long drive and passing boring scenery. Good times. In fact, I'll have to remember this when we're out tomorrow; haven't done it in a while. :D

tnw

Banned
MST3K is great (it was filled in minneapolis!).

I kind of lost interest in the show once Joel left. Tom Servo and Crow were always hilarious though. I loved when Tom Servo would sing.

Ripclawe

Banned
The russo-finnish films I like just because there was some production value put in it plus they were weird as hell.

Suikoguy

Blader5489 said:
Time Chasers is easily the best. I also like The Touch of Satan.

And personally, I liked the show a lot more with Mike than Joel.

Everybody has a differing opinion on which host was better.

You know here I was dreading the next 4 hours of work since I left my iPod at home, but yet again NeoGAF delivers. :D :D :D

Now I can laugh again at Buttchin in his Castleton t-shirt fighting the Revolutionary War.

Lelielle

I liked Joel better than Mike but only by a small margin, I still need to see quite a few episodes, but some of my personal favorites : PYUMAYMAN (pumaman) and The Magic Sword.
such an awesome show.

tnw

Banned
my favorite episodes were the ones with the 1950's-ish short films. Like about hygiene and stuff like that.

atomsk

Party Pooper
The Giant Spider Invasion!

WOOOO PACKERS WON THE SUPERBOWL WOOOOO

what i really loved about the earlier seasons is the running jokes from episode to episode.

Clevinger said:

820-space_mutiny.jpg

"Hey, she's dead!"

Truly one of the best. I also like the cheesy educational films from the fifties.

My favorite is Touch of Satan. So many great lines.

"Is that your car? Mind if I skip rocks across it?"

"This is where my tongue lives."

"Grandma Kramer!"

"Real pretty dress though."

Koomaster

Jon_Danger said:
"watch out for snakes!"
To this day, I still repeat that line at random times.

One of my favorites was the Santa Claus. Vs. Satan one. And the short about Satan vs. the Bread Delivery guy. Pretty much anything with Satan in it was hilarious! :p

atomsk said:
The Giant Spider Invasion!

WOOOO PACKERS WON THE SUPERBOWL WOOOOO

what i really loved about the earlier seasons is the running jokes from episode to episode.

That was great.

"oh my god, he fell on me"

I like it even more since it was filmed in Wisconsin, and I live there

tnw

Banned
Shard said:
Hard to believe that MST3K was taken from us 8 years ago.

I never saw the later episodes until a few weeks ago on youtube. Trace Beaulieu left, meaning crow also left. It was just terrible, especially hearing a different voice for crow. It was time for the show to end.

and here's a random image from the early years that I like

Image:MST3kJoelAndtheBots.JPG

"What's worse than clowns? DANISH clowns. Yes, the dark, dank, silverfish-infested basement of the clown world."

"I have his pancreas in my pocket!"

I'll always have room in my heart for German, dubbed Hamlet.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
tnw said:
I never saw the later episodes until a few weeks ago on youtube. Trace Beaulieu left, meaning crow also left. It was just terrible, especially hearing a different voice for crow. It was time for the show to end.

and here's a random image from the early years that I like

Image:MST3kJoelAndtheBots.JPG

Oddly enough I like 2nd Crow more.

joetachi

I'm watching MST3K right now. My favorite ones are:
werewolf-ad.jpg

and
lostcont.jpg

Lost continent is a classic because it has like 40 minutes of pure rock climbing.

Any Mystery Science Theater 3000 experts want to help me remember the name of a movie I watched it like 15 years ago? It was Japanese, featured aliens abducting a woman, shaving her bald complete with a dotted line for brain removal, and the aliens wore shiny rhinestone gloves like Michael Jackson. I'd love to see it again.

PkunkFury

Do they still play reruns of this on TV at all? It was such a great show, but I have trouble finding more than a couple of the dvds, and I know half the shows will never be re-released :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom