• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 Memorium Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oni Jazar

Shogun said:
Ah the days we will while away at "EAT"

:lol

This thread needs to live forever like the Arrested Development ones.

"Theory of Flight? I'll teach you the Theory of Fist!"

"Okay, this is getting ridiculous. Alright.... so Ator finds a deer, kills it. Tans the hide, stretches the skin. Creates an annadized aluminum frame, learns how to extrude and weld... all in about five minutes....... oh and he made bombs too."

Juice

Aaron said:
Escape 2000 is easily my fav of favs. I think I've watched it a dozen times. It's just packed with humor, from the hero who does nothing, his vampire woman girlfriend, to the all mighty 'toblarone' Second place would probably go to Operation Double 007.

I like Joel and Mike equally. Different styles, different humor, but both great. Also like both Crows and both Servos. Didn't like Pearl Forestor though.

It's definitely the one I best remember, but even now I don't think i could sit straight through it without going crazy.

explodet

"Well then, are we all set? All on the same page? Good. Human civilization is dead and apes rule the world, everything you ever knew and loved is no more. Well, your movie this week..."

GDGF

Soothsayer
My favorites were the Gamera shows, the Fugutive Alien shows (he tried to kill me with a forklift!) and the Mr B Natural skit. Anything with Joel was awesome. I didn't enjoy the Mike years nearly as much. And yeah, I joined the MST3k Information Club.

Keep circulating the tapes.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Cheesemeister said:
212 Godzilla vs. Megalon

NINTENDORULEZ.jpg

Was that the one where Godzilla dropkicks one of the monsters?

Clevinger

I just watched Puma Man a little while ago. The flying parts with the music are so great.

pumaman2.jpg

DzlItem933.jpg

DzlItem927.jpg

You don't even need the MST3k commentary to enjoy it.

GDGF

Soothsayer
TJ Bennett said:
Crow: "How much Keefe is in this movie?"

Servo & Joel: "Miles O'Keefe!"

:lol Damn this show was funny.

I used to love it when a new episode would come on and I would make a joke/obscure reference and Joel and the bots would then make the same joke/reference. Good times.

Clevinger said:
I just watched Puma Man a little while ago. The flying parts with the music are so great.

You don't even need the MST3k commentary to enjoy it.
Pumaman is so great. I legitimately enjoyed his synthy theme music, too.
I've searched for a soundtrack to no avail.

If I were to do any sort of cosplay, it'd be Pumaman. What do I need to do, get a goofy cape/poncho and paint a face on my shirt?

JoshuaJSlone said:
If I were to do any sort of cosplay, it'd be Pumaman. What do I need to do, get a goofy cape/poncho and paint a face on my shirt?

YOU NEED THE
PUMA BELT!!!

Can I spoil these movies? Haven't they spoiled themselves?

With the pickle mind we kick the nipple beer
Steady as we go we're flying over trout
Ghetto down the high way at the speed of light
All I want to feel now is the wind in my eyes.
Sack of monkeys in my pocket
My sister's ready to go.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
JoshuaJSlone said:
Pumaman is so great. I legitimately enjoyed his synthy theme music, too.
I've searched for a soundtrack to no avail.

If you do a MST3K cosplay, there is really only one choice.

manos5.jpg

GDGF

Soothsayer
One of you guys might know. A friend of mine showed me some Youtube like site that had full episodes of MST3K for viewing. I can't remember what the name of the site is now, and I can't contact him to ask because his dumb ass got arrested a few weeks ago.
All I have to go on is that it was a european site (web addy ended in UK, anyway)

Anybody have any idea what i'm talking about here?

GDGF said:
One of you guys might know. A friend of mine showed me some Youtube like site that had full episodes of MST3K for viewing. I can't remember what the name of the site is now, and I can't contact him to ask because his dumb ass got arrested a few weeks ago.
All I have to go on is that it was a european site (web addy ended in UK, anyway)

Anybody have any idea what i'm talking about here?

There are quite a few full episodes on Google Video for watching. Also tons of episodes on YouTube, but those are usually broken out into multiple parts.

I grew up in Minnesota and stumbled upon this show by accident one day on some local UHF channel. I used to watch it occasionally on lazy weekend afternoons . . . especially if the weather sucked.

And then years later I saw it Comedy Central and had a chuckle. Nice to see Joel Hodgson get recognition. He used to do prop comedy in local clubs . . . real funny stuff with props like a leaf blower.

KBox

FTWer said:
Was that the one where Godzilla dropkicks one of the monsters?

This one is hilarious, that's where my Avatar is from. The human protagonist in the movie is none other than Rex Dart Eskimo Spy

Right on.:D

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
394px-Gorgo_1961.jpg

[Gorgo is seen terrorizing a small Irish village.]
Mike: [The] poor Irish -- if they aren't being invaded by Cromwell or infested by leprechauns they've got this guy!

I've been working my way through the entire series for the past 2 or 3 years now and I've finally come to the end. I started with season 7-10 and then started from the beginning. Truly a wonderful show with so many fantastic episodes. I think if I were to pick my favorite it might have to be Space Mutiny followed by Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell, and then The Undead.

The Mike years were my favorite. His jokes just move more in time with my sense of humor. The break sketches were much better with Joel because they didn't have the Sci Fi channel breathing down their neck wanting a contiguous story, but the movie choices and the commentary were just funnier for me with Mike.

nidopal

The first time I saw Torgo deliver pizza i near pissed my pants.

Also my fav line:

Annoying kid: Do you know what playing is Trumpy?
Crow: Yesh, it's when I break you half.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
All my last girlfriend wanted to do was go to bars, watch this show (she had like a ton of tapes of it... yeah VHS tapes), and make out... so I've seen quite a few episodes of it... the public service videos were funny (like one where a bunch of kids go to a farm)

djtiesto said:
All my last girlfriend wanted to do was go to bars, watch this show (she had like a ton of tapes of it... yeah VHS tapes), and make out... so I've seen quite a few episodes of it... the public service videos were funny (like one where a bunch of kids go to a farm)

Greatest girlfriend ever.

Koomaster

Skiptastic said:
With the pickle mind we kick the nipple beer
Steady as we go we're flying over trout
Ghetto down the high way at the speed of light
All I want to feel now is the wind in my eyes.
Sack of monkeys in my pocket
My sister's ready to go.
Pod People was the first I ever saw of MST3K, and it really had me hooked. I was pretty close to pissing myself on that song, and the "it stinks" part.

Plus Trumpy talking about the potatoes, and the stop-motion room scene. :lol

Koomaster said:
Pod People was the first I ever saw of MST3K, and it really had me hooked. I was pretty close to pissing myself on that song, and the "it stinks" part.

Plus Trumpy talking about the potatoes, and the stop-motion room scene. :lol

Crow kept going and going and going on and on about potatoes, too...I can't for the life of me figure out what's funny about it, but it is! :lol

"Lemme get the attachment, you can do the couch!"

Zensetsu

I love the Master Ninja I. So many great lines, the part where they are ranting about the Van Cleefs...and where they pay out Demi Moore. :lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
Is the movie the one that has like.. clips of them working on the ship at the beginning end, and middle?

Because I saw that two nights ago and it was probably the least funny thing ever. Just.. bad. And corny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom