• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

natural peanut butter is annoying

teezzy

Banned
here is the peanut butter i buy

natural-stirin-creamy-peanut-23899.png

such a pain in the ass though, all that oil on top

just stir it up, i guess. then the oil is like splattering out of the jar and leaking down the sides

so much effort - like how badly do i really want peanut butter at this point?

i can see why all the chemical ass varieties outsell this shit

i need so much paper towel every time i use this stuff

tryna eat healthier with less ingredients is easier on paper than it is in reality

*sigh*

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Reese's peanut butter is the best, IDGAF if it's not "real" or that they add junk to it, that shit is like crack.

CAB_Life

Actually, the Kraft "natural" line has one both with sea salt (my fave) and without and they're pretty well (pre) stirred and stay stirred once refridgerated. Walmart's no name brand has the best stirred product I've found, but the taste isn't quite as good.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

just stir it up, i guess. then the oil is like splattering out of the jar and leaking down the sides

tryna eat healthier with less ingredients is easier on paper than it is in reality

*sigh*
I agree.

I'm sure natural peanut butter is way better than mainstream jars which are sugary process foods, but I tested buying a jar of natural stuff one time. I dont eat peanut butter a lot, but I bought a jar of Adams. I never knew natural formed tons of oil on top. Gross. First time. Last time.

johntown

Banned
My ultimate end goal is to avoid unnecessary added sugars and especially corn syrup where possible
Yeah natural is the way to go. Is the Peter Pan in a plastic container or glass? I found the plastic can be a pain and I get Smuckers because it uses glass and I found that better to stir.

GeekyDad

...such a pain in the ass though, all that oil on top

Here's what you do:

1. Turn it upside down and leave it in the pantry for a day or two.
  2. Refrigerate it.
By leaving it upside down, the oil will integrate as if you had mixed it, and though refrigerating normal PB makes it thick and unmanageable, that's typically not the case with PB made from just 100% peanuts. Trust me, you'll love it. No effort.

Davey Cakes

I prefer something like Simply Jif or Skippy “1/3 less sodium and sugar.”

That said, Teddy Natural isn’t too bad and the oil is easier to reintegrate.

Another solution is to just mix it one time and refrigerate.

Last edited:

Durien

Crunchy peanut butter is the best peanut butter. LOL my wife and I are on opposite sides of the platform on this. She only likes creamy.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I never had peanut butter in my life and I think I manage, after your last thread, to go futher in life, being clean for this unappetizing stuff. Also isn't it really fatty? Because peanuts are.

Batiman

Banned
I'll give it a go. I did that over night (bought yesterday) and it was still on the bottom
Make sure you mix it before putting it upside down. Or else you’ll be stuck with an inch of petroleum jelly at the top. Just learned that this week and I feel exactly like you. I’m ready to go back to bullshit PB. I don’t even want to open it because of the hassle it is.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Just buy regular peanut butter. The only difference between the natural stuff and the regular stuff is the addition of mono and diglycerides in the regular stuff. Your salt and sugar content is the same. Actually, from reading the nutrition info the salt and sugar content in your natural peanut butter is actually worse than the stuff I find in my "chemical ass" peanut butter.

Replacing all the food you eat with shittier versions of the same food isn't "healthy".

Last edited:

Davey Cakes

Just buy regular peanut butter. The only difference between the natural stuff and the regular stuff is the addition of mono and diglycerides in the regular stuff. Your salt and sugar content is the same. Actually, from reading the nutrition info the salt and sugar content in your natural peanut butter is actually worse than the stuff I find in my "chemical ass" peanut butter.

Replacing all the food you eat with shittier versions of the same food isn't "healthy".
I think it's fair to want to point out the difference between peanut butter, "natural" peanut butter, and "peanut spreads."

Look at the ingredients. There are some peanut butters that are literally just peanuts and oil. There are others that add sugar (sometimes a little, sometimes a lot if there's flavoring). And then there are these store brand "peanut spreads" that are peanuts, oil, then a bunch of stuff you can't pronounce. At a point you question the quality of what you're eating.

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I never have tried a PB&J sandwich, but I have a feeling I would really hate it. I do like jelly on a sandwich, but never been too fond of peanut butter. It's not too popular in the UK.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs

*sigh*
It's natural. That is the trade-off. Be careful and stir it up. Deal with it. Use your gentle hands and not your gorilla hands and you won't make a mess.

HoodWinked

When you first stir it you just have to be careful and slow then you can unleash the whirlwind.

But ya good on you for taking those healthy steps. You can also look for valencia peanuts it's more expensive but contain less alfatoxins.

It takes forever for me to go through one jar of pb so I think it's worth the markup.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
I thought you just need to give a deep stir once and you are good to go unless you don't continue eat it.

This the best one though
DarkChocolate_0b407a8a-1f40-40c1-a04f-24c1d28969c3_900x.png

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Why eat peanut butter when you can eat Marmite instead? ;)

Blonde-Girls-Appalled-Ew-Reaction-Gif.gif

Sorry, no can do. I get shudders thinking about Marmite, too. I tried it on Toast once, immediately regretted my decision and had to spit it out. Has a very bitter taste to it.

quickwhips

*sigh*
Peter Pan is the shit. Never grow up teezzy teezzy

Top Bottom