• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

natural peanut butter is annoying

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
tenor.gif

Blond

Banned
Reese's peanut butter is the best, IDGAF if it's not "real" or that they add junk to it, that shit is like crack.
It’s retarded they sell that in jars now o end up eating a tablespoon of it for a snack lol.

Swaff

Neo Member
There's only one brand of peanut butter I buy, it's by far superior to anything else I've tried. Plus it comes in dark roasted flavour... :messenger_savoring:
1500x1500.jpg
LN_897175_BP_4.jpg

I never have tried a PB&J sandwich, but I have a feeling I would really hate it. I do like jelly on a sandwich, but never been too fond of peanut butter. It's not too popular in the UK.

Why eat peanut butter when you can eat Marmite instead? ;)
The yanks may do many things wrong (so many, many things), including calling jam 'jelly', but peanut butter is the bomb, especially with marmite.

Hell, if you want to be lazy, they even make it premixed:

5DK4imu.jpg

Although making it yourself is better.

Regardless of whether you love marmite or are a total mong, there's loads of peanut butter in Great British shops, has been my entire life, and due to it's health benefits there's been dozens of new brands popping up over the last decade. That includes 100% peanut butter, which is a bit bland tasting, but incredibly good for you, since it's the fats that bind the oils in that are bad for your heart and really make you a lard arse.

I do wonder though, do Americans call it 'natural' peanut butter because it's not, as it is here in Great Britain, actually just 100% peanut butter, and instead still contains all the dodgy additives, preservatives and stabilisers that meant we had to decontamination all our equipment, back when I used to work in a food testing lab, whenever we got imported food from the US in to test?

Also how is anyone so cack handed as to not be able to gently stir a jar properly? Surely if you can't do that, you really shouldn't be handling knives.

TylerD

I'm a grown-ass man and still love a good PB&J sandwich. I really like natural peanut butter but don't like how runny it is. Mrs Scudders Natural (aka smuckers) with just peanuts and salt was my go to but I didn't like having to keep in refrigerated. I'd rather only my jelly be chilled thank you very much.

I have converted to Jif Natural to not have to deal with either runny peanut butter or cold hard peanut butter. I made a PB and Colorado honey sandwich yesterday and added some Kirkland extra large peanuts to it. Delicious.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Shake it like hell before you even open it for the first time. Then it is more mixed and easier to stir without spilling the oil.

Then store it upside down as others said.

Problem solved.

That's my personal favorite:

81LCeO5L6UL.jpg

Last edited:

Boss Mog

I get natural peanut butter like the OP with the oil on top. You just mix it once with a butter knife then just store it in the fridge and it'll stay creamy with no oil separation unlike the shit peanut butters with hydrogenated oils that get hard in the fridge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom