• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come?
Just basic human sympathy I guess. He's the third most beloved sports player in Utah history if he stays. He doesn't break the top 20 of any sport in Boston.

Boston has titles coming out their fucking ears, Celtics specifically are in the ECF with the #1 pick in the draft. And the most titles in history.

It would just mean infinitely more to Utah fans if he stayed.

jman2050

Saw this posted on another forum

lebron_disrespect.0_zpsjenrz7an.gif

Lebron did Olynyk dirty lol

Take note: This is literally what every Lebron possession would be like in the illegal defense era.

The Warriors and Spurs are better than 7 of the top 8 seeds in the East (possibly all 8).

The Clippers and The Rockets are better than 7 of the top 8 in the East.

This is the West when it's "not much" better than the East.

A weak conference doesn't entail a weak conference champion. That's why Kyrie and LeBron embarrassed the Warriors last time and lit them up.

What? Are you trying to say that they wouldn't want IT right now?
Given that he was dealt by both teams recently for a bag of peanuts... yea that's what I'm trying to say. IT wants a westbrook-esque extension and starter minutes . Can't see a team being down with that . I mean there is always the Knicks and the nets , so there is some hope .

Given that he was dealt by both teams recently for a bag of peanuts... yea that's what I'm trying to say. IT wants a westbrook-esque extension and starter minutes . Can't see a team being down with that . I mean there is always the Knicks and the nets , so there is some hope .

I think both those teams regret moving on from IT.

I mean it's not like he's a bad player, he just doesn't fit this team. Any team struggling to fill seats would kill for a guy like IT.

I wouldn't oppose trading him if some team gets stupid, but moving on from IT makes the team worse for at least the next 2-3 years. He definitely fits this team.

I wouldn't oppose trading him if some team gets stupid, but moving on from IT makes the team worse for at least the next 2-3 years. He definitely fits this team.

I think it all depends on how Fultz looks and how quickly he progresses. If Fultz looks like he'll be ready to lead the team in a year or two it makes paying IT a much tougher proposition. Trading IT once he already has a max and he's in his 30's may not be so easy.

Why is Anthony Davis given a pass into every All Star game/All NBA team, his team has been bad 2 years in a row?

If he's the generational talent many proclaim him to be he should be putting the team on his back and at least threaten playoff contention. Still funny to remember the amount of posters on GAF who thought they'd beat the Warriors with the Boogie trade.

mjp2417

Banned
Why is Anthony Davis given a pass into every All Star game/All NBA team, his team has been bad 2 years in a row?

If he's the generational talent many proclaim him to be he should be putting the team on his back and at least threaten playoff contention. Still funny to remember the amount of posters on GAF who thought they'd beat the Warriors with the Boogie trade.

He's the best current big man in a weak era for big men

Joei

The Warriors and Spurs are better than 7 of the top 8 seeds in the East (possibly all 8).

The Clippers and The Rockets are better than 7 of the top 8 in the East.

This is the West when it's "not much" better than the East.

I'll never understand why people here are so obsessed with the shitty ass Clippers.

LionPride

Banned
I thought this was the year of "unicorns". With KAT, Giannis, KP, Embiid... AD might not even be the next great center by next year.
Isn't that infuckingsane? You wanna know who KAT can be compared to stat wise? Damn near no one except for Shaq. Giannis is...Giannis. Porzingod is one of a kind. If Embiid ever playes a full season then jesus christ. AD is still like 23 and amazing too.

beat

Isn't that infuckingsane? You wanna know who KAT can be compared to stat wise? Damn near no one except for Shaq. Giannis is...Giannis. Porzingod is one of a kind. If Embiid ever playes a full season then jesus christ. AD is still like 23 and amazing too.

AD just turned 24 in March, but yeah, time sure flies. I thought he was like 26 or something.

mjp2417

Banned
I thought this was the year of "unicorns". With KAT, Giannis, KP, Embiid... AD might not even be the next great center by next year.

All of them, including AD, are still kids (and Giannis is more like an elongated LeBron, so he's not really comparable). And the only center that might be up with Davis next year is KAT, but that's probably too soon.

LionPride

Banned
All of them, including AD, are still kids (and Giannis is more like an elongated LeBron, so he's not really comparable). And the only center that might be up with Davis next year is KAT, but that's probably too soon.
Towns averaged 25/13 and will no doubt get better defensively seeing as he stopped fouling as much this year and is like 21. Yeah I'm putting him above Davis as of now

Saw this posted on another forum

lebron_disrespect.0_zpsjenrz7an.gif

Lebron did Olynyk dirty lol
I love it lmaoo That's the K Love disrespekk rebuttal.
Are we really about to see the Cavs and Warriors sweep their conferences?
Ehhh depends if Kawhi is back for game 3. Hoping he gets back and looks good, so we get a solid series. At least take it to 5 games smh.
They are Goku and Vegeta and the rest of the league is Piccolos and Krillins
Clips are Yamcha before the conference finals

I see, wrong analysis then. I just remembered how deadly he was against OKC last year. That game 6 was something else.
lol one game. ONE. I wonder if people watch the Warriors regularly when I read this kinda stuff. Klay hasn't been that great in PS generally though he played really well vs the Rockets and Blazers last year when Curry went down.

People even say that Klay is the most dangerous player when he gets hot and list a single quarter and 1 other game in half a decade as an example.

He had the exact same stats this year as last year. He's stuggled offensively in the post season but I don't think it has anything to do with KD.
I disagree. KD's getting a lot of the touches that Klay used to get. When Curry runs the plays, he goes to KD first instead of Klay. Less touches, not as much focus, Brown doesn't put TO plays specifically for Klay to get him in the groove like Kerr did, and you see this production.

I feel like IT is being sold short here a bit, no pun intended. He's clearly exceptional. Maybe you don't want him to have to be *the guy* to score or you lose, but that's not his fault; that's a roster composition issue and he's not the GM. Add a Hayward or a Paul George and the pressure (and double teams) are off of IT and he gets what he wants more often. Very few people are really consistent on that Boston team. Just IT and Avery can be expected to show up on the offensive end every night. That's really hard. Reminiscent of the Cavs squads that LeBron carried to the ECF and Finals that got bodied by the Spurs. That had like...Jamario Moon and Larry Huges as feature 2 guards. With Eric Snow as the starting PG. Remember that shit? Good to get through the regular season and maybe a few playoff series with enough hard wins and miraculous play from LeBron, but not enough help to deal with more talented teams. Just not consistent enough or skilled enough.

Feels like that's where the C's are right now. Back court is solid enough; 3-5 = ehhhhhhhhh. Get IT and Avery some reliable offensive help...talent good enough to command double teams or at least considerable respect and the C's are good enough to get to the Finals. Maybe. But they need to unload Horford. He's a bum.

Just basic human sympathy I guess. He's the third most beloved sports player in Utah history if he stays. He doesn't break the top 20 of any sport in Boston.

Boston has titles coming out their fucking ears, Celtics specifically are in the ECF with the #1 pick in the draft. And the most titles in history.

It would just mean infinitely more to Utah fans if he stayed.

As a Cav fan, I feel you. Stars leaving small market franchises like ours is a gut punch that Celtics and Lakers fans don't understand and never will. Makes you not even want to watch the sport anymore.
I weap in advance for Bucks and Wolves fans who will sooner or later see KAT and Giannis walk for greener pastures unless they take a supermax (which is possible since they'll make the all-nba teams perpetually).

Gigglepoo

If the Celtics get another playmaker so IT doesn't have the ball as much, he would be even more disposable. He's a volume shooter and their lead ball handler now. Take that away and you have a horrendous defender who, what, stands around on offense half the time? He's not even a great spot up shooter.

IT would be best as a change-of-pace sixth man. But as a $30 million per, #1 option? Good luck.

legend166

lol one game. ONE. I wonder if people watch the Warriors regularly when I read this kinda stuff. Klay hasn't been that great in PS generally though he played really well vs the Rockets and Blazers last year when Curry went down.

People even say that Klay is the most dangerous player when he gets hot and list a single quarter and 1 other game in half a decade as an example.

I disagree. KD's getting a lot of the touches that Klay used to get. When Curry runs the plays, he goes to KD first instead of Klay. Less touches, not as much focus, Brown doesn't put TO plays specifically for Klay to get him in the groove like Kerr did, and you see this production.

He averaged career high shot attempts and points this season.

They are Goku and Vegeta and the rest of the league is Piccolos and Krillins

Timberwolves? Insert them young dudes & their draft pick in that Hyperbolic Time Chamber and they gotta eventually be a deep playoff contender, right? lol

i appreciate how on every forum i've ever posted on, people in the NBA threads inevitably equate players/teams to DBZ characters

i say a day after doing so myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom