• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn so I'm looking at the National TV schedule and today is the only day to watch the TOR/MIL match. The rest is relegated to NBAtv so hopefully that series get extended just so it has a national spotlight. Kinda of wish MIL was playing CLE just so I could see the Alphabet play.

Dynomutt

LeBron is in sage mode right now gathering chakra.
hqdefault.jpg

Warriors are gonna body them worse than Spurs in 14' if they're fit for the final. Mark my post to show that I'm right
and endless trolling if I'm wrong ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The East needs to spread them cheeks though.

If Lebron wins the championship this year against this Warriors team he goes into legitimate contention with MJ about being the GOAT.

That's so weird to think about. We all assumed he was untouchable, but there is a basketball player that, even if it a long shot, is actually not too far off from challenging MJ for that title.

Tall4Life

If Lebron wins the championship this year against this Warriors team he goes into legitimate contention with MJ about being the GOAT.

That's so weird to think about. We all assumed he was untouchable, but there is a basketball player that, even if it a long shot, is actually not too far off from challenging MJ for that title.

I don't want to sound like bionic here but MJ still had great talent around him that made his Bulls one of the best teams in the entire league, not just in their own conference. The people surrounding LeBron haven't been doing too well this year, and, against the Warriors, he'd be going up against arguably the greatest team put together in the league, and probably one of the strongest pure rosters ever.

But if LeBron does somehow win it again for the land, yeah he could honestly surpass MJ.

Consider the car this Cavaliers team and Itchy and Scratch Land the playoffs. This team looks beat up and demoralized, hopefully they don't even make it out of the east so those of us that like basketball BUT NOT LEBRON can watch some playoff basketball that doesn't feature him in it.

Simpsons_06_03_P2.jpg

Bud starting to rookie in a playoff game. Color me surprised.

I'm pretty interested in how the Hawks will play. Something tells me they're gonna try to get Dwight going but I feel like that's the wrong thing to do.

The secrit defense is ready

I'm not sure if it's related to the defense, or it's just a set, but there will likely be spot up minutes with Lebron at the 5, on an ultra small lineup where something like Kyrie, Korver, and 2 of Shumpert/JR/Frye all play at once. Would be ridiculous to see Lebron constantly be playing every single position in the game at different points.

Bud starting to rookie in a playoff game. Color me surprised.

I'm pretty interested in how the Hawks will play. Something tells me they're gonna try to get Dwight going but I feel like that's the wrong thing to do.

Prince has been pretty great. I wonder if Sefolosha or Hardaway will start.

Playoff Dwight is good, but yeah, he shouldn't be the centerpiece.

I think the best chance the Hawks have is if one of Schroder or Hardaway get really really hot. Hardaway is basically, imo, the main X factor, and otherwise the Wizards are generally just slightly out of reach in most match-ups/a bad match-up

neptunes

The secrit defense is ready

I'm not sure if it's related to the defense, or it's just a set, but there will likely be spot up minutes with Lebron at the 5, on an ultra small lineup where something like Kyrie, Korver, and 2 of Shumpert/JR/Frye all play at once. Would be ridiculous to see Lebron constantly be playing every single position in the game at different points.
Kyrie and Korver on the same rotation? Where do you hide both of them on defense?

Prince has been pretty great. I wonder if Sefolosha or Hardaway will start.

Playoff Dwight is good, but yeah, he shouldn't be the centerpiece.

I think the best chance the Hawks have is if one of Schroder or Hardaway get really really hot. Hardaway is basically, imo, the main X factor, and otherwise the Wizards are generally just slightly out of reach in most match-ups/a bad match-up

Hardaway and Prince are starting. I agree, Hawks will need Hardaway to get hot. The offense starts off so slow but if Hardaway can get it going then it'll make things easier for our main scorers.

The real key is Schroeder not being a turnover machine. After him, we have no Pg depth. No one good enough to play more than 10 mins anyway.

Calderon? I'm shivering right now lol.

Needs 5 to start comparing for me, 6 when it becomes a legit discussion.

I don't want to sound like bionic here but MJ still had great talent around him that made his Bulls one of the best teams in the entire league, not just in their own conference. The people surrounding LeBron haven't been doing too well this year, and, against the Warriors, he'd be going up against arguably the greatest team put together in the league, and probably one of the strongest pure rosters ever.

But if LeBron does somehow win it again for the land, yeah he could honestly surpass MJ.
He's got 2 all stars in his team, getting tired of this bullshit narrative like Lebron is playing with only scrubs in his team. Love looked like the best player in his position for the first half of the season, and he's got probably the most clutch dude in the league on the other side.

Tall4Life

He's got 2 all stars in his team, getting tired of this bullshit narrative like Lebron is playing with only scrubs in his team. Love looked like the best player in his position for the first half of the season, and he's got probably the most clutch dude in the league on the other side.

I'm not saying LeBron is playing with trash but dude, the Cavs have a worse record than a team that's centered around a 5'9" dude, a team that was also greatly affected by injuries throughout the season.

neptunes

Needs 5 to start comparing for me, 6 when it becomes a legit discussion.
Robert Horry >>> MJ
The team is crap without Bron, come on

Servbot24

Banned

If he wins this year and next year he'll be in the conversation. I don't even wanna hear about it until then.

Btw, we've reached Peak Knicks.

Bontemps on Phil Jackson

Bleacher Report has a new space for Knicks nonsense

http://nypost.com/2017/04/14/phil-jacksons-dont-blame-me-knicks-address-a-disgrace/

Ian Begley said:
Knicks, Phil Jackson have agreed on option for the final 2 years of his contract, per @ramonashelburne and I --p.

Kristian Winfield said:
Phil Jackson used to word Carmelo Anthony dreads most: "rebuild." All but ensures the end of the Melo era.

Alan Hahn said:
Jax on why Triangle hasn’t worked: “We faced resistance. We faced it from the top.” 💥

Ian Begley said:
Phil Jackson says he told Carmelo in the exit meeting, "You don't want to end up your career not winning" and he shouldn't want that label.

Al Iannazzone said:
Phil said "I have never criticized Carmelo. Holding the ball is not a criticism. It's what he does."

James Herbert said:
Phil Jackson: “I haven’t been very good at tweeting.”

Ian Begley said:
Phil Jackson says Derrick Rose told him today that he'd like to be back. Says Rose wants a chance to redeem himself.

Mike Vorkunov said:
Phil on what trade return he'd want for Carmelo: "That’s a big hole to fill. We want a significant player that can hopefully fill that role"

9. Isola having a lot of fun

Frank Isola said:
So in the span of a few hours Phil devalued Carmelo and then Kristaps devalued Phil's entire program.

Porzingis is frustrated
Ian Begley said:
Kristaps Porzingis skipped exit meetings due to frustration over dysfunction, drama surrounding NYK, team sources told ESPN. Story coming.

In response

Al Iannazzone said:
Interesting to note: Today Phil said that Porzingis isn't ready to be "The Man" and he said KP isn't untouchable.

Phil going entirely mad
Frank Isola said:
Jackson said Friday that he’ll listen to trade offers for all his players, including Porzingis, because, “Everything has to be possible.”

And in an effort to mold Porzingis into a post player better fit for the triangle, Jackson said he wants fewer 3-pointers.

The embattled team president even called Porzingis’ treys, “A cheap way to score.” Porzingis averaged 4.8 3-point attempts per game this season, up considerably from his rookie campaign.

“He had a game he didn’t take a three, which I told him that was important,” the team president said. “If it’s not there you don’t have to take a three. That’s sometimes just a cheap way to score points or you get anxious to score points. He had a shorter delivery on his shot. He learned some post-up things that were good.”

But Rose and the Knicks like each other
Marc Bercman said:
Rose wows Jackson at exit meeting, scoring points for return #Knicks

Melo's response
Carmelo Anthony said:
REALLY 😂😂
#StayMe7o
a8Qv6B1.jpg

Kyrie and Korver on the same rotation? Where do you hide both of them on defense?

That's their "fuck it we need points badly" lineup, and one that doesn't get too many minutes. It reminds me of the Rockets those times we play Ryno at the 5: the other team's center is gonna score unless Bev can help off his man, but we're gonna be shooting ALOT of 3s.

It's the ultimate 'Lebron + shooters' type of lineup

But it's the Warriors on the other side.

I honestly think the Pacers might end up being Cavs toughest matchup up until the finals. Unless They end up meeting the Wiz instead of Boston.

Spitting hot take, yes, but the Cavs look like they're not so dependent on Lebron, letting him play on defense more, J.R. Smith is looking energetic, and Kevin Love is looking hot and reminding me of the tear he went on at the beginning of this season and during the last post-season (in the run-up to the finals, not so much the finals themselves)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom