• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTG

If Mike Brown comes out with color matched glasses and suit next game I'm gonna lose my mind.

giphy.gif

Nevermind, it's already happening. Can we perhaps give Steve Kerr a dangerous dose of vicodin? A crippling pain med addiction could result in a really good medical Sherlock Holmes type show on Fox down the line, or so I understand. FUuuuuuuuck.

Dynomutt

Great day for basketball! Sooo many questions!?!?!

Will LeBron continue to remind us of his greatness and go for the sweep? Will PG respond with the Pacers who could've been up 2-1?

Will the Rondoless Bulls take a commanding lead in the series? Will IT show us why he's king of the 4th quarter?

Will attack mode Russ even up the series with his motley crew? Will James Harden cook up a statement game for the 3-1 lead?

Will CP3 put the Clips on his back and make moves? Will Hayward and the Jazz makes this a series?

Great day for basketball! Sooo many questions!?!?!

Will LeBron continue to remind us of his greatness and go for the sweep? Will PG respond with the Pacers who could've been up 2-1?
I'm sure the Pacers will give all they got, and maybe this time they won't let up once they get a clear advantage. They may end up saving face and not getting swept, but I think PG13 already knows he's leaving, so may not even care all that much.
and they really should have been up 2-1... it's so disappointing.

Will the Rondoless Bulls take a commanding lead in the series? Will IT show us why he's king of the 4th quarter?
This game is on TNT so it's more than just a game 4 at stake for the Bulls, The #TNTBulls undefeated record is on the line, and Rondo or not, Butler and Father Prime can't break that streak. Game 5 is also on the TNT, so Celtics better be ready for the 1st round exit knowing that thanks to a lucky break (pun intended) they at least didn't get swept by the 8th seed.

Will attack mode Russ even up the series with his motley crew? Will James Harden cook up a statement game for the 3-1 lead?
Mr. Triple Double will put up another 40+ triple double this game. and his crew will be on attack mode today. I have no idea who wins this one, but Russ will be 1000% for 48 minutes if he needs to be. I just hope his and his teammates shots happen to fall. I want OKC to even this one out.

Will CP3 put the Clips on his back and make moves? Will Hayward and the Jazz makes this a series?
I think it all comes down to does Gobert come back today to defend the last home game? is he even ready? When does little Rivers come back? I think if there is no Gobert today, CP3 takes charge and puts another W in the book.

Man. I hope Kerr gets better. Who cursed the Warriors heading into the playoffs? Down 3 players and now their head coach.

Didn't think much over hearing that Kerr was going to miss game 3. But then Curry dedicates the game ball to him. Then we're told he'll miss the rest of this series and indefinitely beyond that. Seems like the players know a bit more than the media, and it doesn't seem good. GSW players, Draymond being the most obvious, seemed more muted than usual this game. Not a lot of jawing or muscle-flexing going on. Draymond even helped Dame up off the floor one time. I could be over analyzing, but that's what happens when you have limited knowledge to work with. If Kerr had something like the flu, okay. But to say no one knows what's wrong with him is suspect with the best medical experts available. People online are speculating it could be cancer, which is something the team might not want to announce during the playoffs. I really hope it's not something that dire.

Gobert needs to play, this is a must win game.

But if he ain't ready, and he plays soft to not risk further injury and they lose anyway, what's the point? (Look at Nurkic last night in the Warriors game...)
or if he plays and he re-injures himself and they win, but now he's out for the rest of the playoffs... what difference does it make if they couldn't win w/o him?

If they feel he will be ready for game 5, and they are confident they can win in LA, would it be better to tough it out this game w/o him and roll the dice for gm4 then regroup for Gm5?
or do they gamble the big man now (assuming hes not ready) just to get 1 win at home to tie the series and roll the dice the rest of the series and playoffs?

tough call. Really just comes down to how Gobert feels though.

Sad news about Kerr, but I think the Warriors will be fine. If Coach Lue is a NBA champion, why not Brown?

I think I'd rather the defensive coach take over.

or even better, just Face Time Kerr to the game. what's better than seeing a screen w/ Kerr's face on it roll up to the ref just to yell at him about a call.

Line_HTX

Patrick Beverley will be fined $25 K for incident with a fan this past Friday, who's probably the son of OKC's minority owner.

This is Drake's fault. *Hook shots off the rim and bounces off of BlackGhost's forehead

Rajon Rondo was fined $25 K for trying to trip Jae Chowder in Game 3.

What the hell, lol

All the fines go to Charity right?

that's at least $100k to charities so far this Playoffs.

Grizz Coach = $30k - going off about the ref calls in game 2
Westbrook = $25k - using profanity in live post game presser
Beverly = $25k - for verbal altercation with a "fan" in the audience
Rondo = $25k - for attempting trip opposing player from the bench

who's next?

FZZ

Banned
What I've learned this series

Cavs bench with LeBron > Cavs starting lineup with LeBron

starting lineup is only a threat offensively and when they're cold...they're cold

Ty Lue's secrit plays have been: run offense through LeBron

I will say bench's defense isn't that bad, particularly Shump

I think Pacers wait until next year's trade deadline. Many of their initial moves have been good. Thaddeus Young is a good piece, Lance Stephenson has added something special to this team, they have a decent number of young developing pieces like Glenn Robinson III. Say, if they don't do the dumb move to max Teague, and they make some decent moves, they might be on the right path.

Most of all, if Myles Turner puts up a near All-star level 3rd year, that could do a ton for Paul George staying

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'm seriously worried if the Dubs have to go through these playoffs with Make Brown. Lukey come back!

What I've learned this series

Cavs bench with LeBron > Cavs starting lineup with LeBron

starting lineup is only a threat offensively and when they're cold...they're cold

Ty Lue's secrit plays have been: run offense through LeBron

I will say bench's defense isn't that bad, particularly Shump

Shumpert is one of the best defensive pieces for the Cavs. A major issue a ton of people had with the "switch" idea for the Cavs defense was that many of their pieces weren't especially great defenders, so their personnel seemed weak there.

Cavs bench with Lebron is basically their Lebron + shooters lineup, so against a team like the Pacers where their defense is weak, yeah, it's not too much of a surprise. Plus, the Pacers lack a good big man outside of their starting lineup (Thad Young is the dictionary definition of decent, and Myles Turner is in his 2nd playoff series, and is a sophomore player)

I'm seriously worried if the Dubs have to go through these playoffs with Make Brown. Lukey come back!

The issue is with between-game adjustments. In game, he can be like Doc for those big 3 Celtics, where Rondo and KG were better at commanding the floor and Doc was great at managing player personalities. Draymond and Steph are good floor generals, they can handle that responsibility on court (Lebron really upped his level on commanding the floor around the time he went to Miami).

Servbot24

Banned
I think Pacers wait until next year's trade deadline. Many of their initial moves have been good. Thaddeus Young is a good piece, Lance Stephenson has added something special to this team, they have a decent number of young developing pieces like Glenn Robinson III. Say, if they don't do the dumb move to max Teague, and they make some decent moves, they might be on the right path.

Most of all, if Myles Turner puts up a near All-star level 3rd year, that could do a ton for Paul George staying

Yeah Turner is a big key, hopefully he puts in work this off season

Yeah Turner is a big key, hopefully he puts in work this off season

That's a lot of pressure to put on him, but it's true. Him making the jump is the difference between PG13 staying or leaving.

Also, McMillan needs to be fired. Get Stackhouse or Messina.

Pacers have too many pieces who, when surrounded by enough shooting, you're fine with them relying on the mid-range, but on their own, their lack of 3 pt shooting really hurts. They seriously need to take a look at which of those guys is most valuable, and then replace the others with players that can actually stretch the floor. Otherwise, teams can too easily just constrict the floor, and Paul George is their only 3 pt shooter left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom