• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K6 Season 2 Thread (360)

Cloudy

Banned
Folks who are in so far:

Pacific:
Lakers - Cloudy
Clippers - FMT
Warriors - Daddyz

Southwest-Northwest:
Spurs - Jobber
Grizzlies - Bish
Rockets - Matrix
Jazz - Mally

Central-Atlantic:
Bulls - DM
Cavaliers - Tru
Raptors - Fifty

Southeast:
Heat - Bebpo
Magic - Trav

Undetermined team - Dsal

It's gonna be 12 or 14 players. I've split the teams into the closest thing to real NBA divisions and I'll make a 24 game schedule (flexible) with 5 day intervals. You can play ahead if you want but no hassling folks to play if they want to go at a slower pace :p

Obviously we can't start till everyone gets a 360 but I will be doing the schedule so pick one team and stay with it :p

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Cloudy said:
Folks who are in so far:
Obviously we can't start till everyone gets a 360 but I will be doing the schedule so pick one team and stay with it :p

By then the NBA playoffs would be 1/2 over

Fifty

Hey....I never said I'd play!

Actually yeah, I probably will.....but I'm not sure I'll use the Raptors. It wasn't much fun with them. I'll know tomorrow when I go to the store if I'm picking it up, and I'll try a few teams before deciding on one if I do get it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm not 100% in till my bro decides to buy it,cause im not giving him a cent this time.

I'll keep you updated Konex.

Bebpo

Banned
Hmmm, recommend me a team. I seriously haven't kept up with whose on what team for a few years and all the players I used to know are gone :( Just tell me a team that's pretty good and I'll use them :)

Cloudy

Banned
Miami Heat. You got the coverboy (who will is nicely overrated) down low, a star perimeter player and a solid supporting cast :)

Fifty

Yeah they're on my short list. I can always play the "my family's from Indiana" card to justify picking them ;)

and yes, bebpo, use the heat

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
I never said I'd be the Suns, you suggested it :p

I actually don't know which team to take. I wanted to try a team with a slower play style to contrast with what I had with the Mavs this past season, maybe a team like the Pistons but I don't know if I should be taking any of the highly rated teams. I dunno, I'm open to suggestions. Just looking for a team that's less run and gun oriented.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Dsal said:
I never said I'd be the Suns, you suggested it :p

I actually don't know which team to take. I wanted to try a team with a slower play style to contrast with what I had with the Mavs this past season, maybe a team like the Pistons but I don't know if I should be taking any of the highly rated teams. I dunno, I'm open to suggestions. Just looking for a team that's less run and gun oriented.

Go with the Pistons. Just promise you'll play Darko sometimes. He needs the love.

I'm gonna try some games out with the Cavs and the Sonics. Those are my two teams. I'll let you know for sure what team I taking.

I'm gay for Ray. :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Update - Bro said hes buying it as soon as my 360 comes,but it still could be a day or two after I get the system cause hes slow like that.

Hopefully the sony 16:9 widescreen enhanced mode with component cables will make the game look even better,I heard its the closest you can get to hdtv quality on a standard tv :)

Fifty

I'm officially a sucker again. I got the game....I won't be playing online much until the league starts, simply because I haven't found a way to play online on my HDTV in its current location, so I'm going to try a bunch of teams and post here when I've picked my team, and then practice with them offline :)

jobber

It's one drawback of this on 360, you can't see the score of the games your friends are playing in progress. Also trying to invite your friend to a game is missing.

Matrix

wtf you cant invite a friend to a game :|

Guess that means planning ahead and meeting people in a specific lobby.

jobber

Matrix said:
wtf you cant invite a friend to a game :|

Guess that means planning ahead and meeting people in a specific lobby.

well you can send voice or text messages to anyone on your live list at anytime so that idea could work. I've looked in the manual and it doesn't say how to send a invite.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I've got the game. I'll try it out tonight and see what team I'm gonna run with.

If anyone wants a practice game hit me on AIM after about 9 est and I might be able to get online with ya.

WOW!! The game plays much better on the 360. I saw some nice new animations around the hoop. The controller seems more responsive and YES the defensive stance is back people.
I don't know how everyone has missed it cause I used it all game. And it's not overpowering like it used to be.

inviting a friend to a game is in there too. But with the 360 you will never invite from the game screen. Just hit the Xbox button and hit your friends list and then invite from there. That is how it will most likely be done for all games now

Fifty

Yeah, the game is (just slightly) improved. I'm glad I bought it, and I can't even say that about madden right now. I got all the (ultra easy, give me the 1000 points) achievements, and I'm experimenting with teams now.

All I know is that I'm not using the Kings or Raps....but seeing how few people actually have the game who are signed up for the league, I can take my time making a decision. Although if Bish doesn't play, I might just take the Grizz to piss Matrix off. ;)

jobber

Anyone want to do a playoff/tournament while we wait for the stragglers?

We could start this week if you've adjusted to the 360 version.

jobber or anyone else, has the collision detection changed? are there still those bullshit dunks where you take off from wherever and you just "move" the guy in mid-air for the dunk instead of getting a foul called or something? how is the defensive stance button?

dm told me that Live has mid-air collision detection, which makes me contemplate whether i should get 2k6 or live

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
Yeah, I don't know how long it's going to take to actually find a 360; it could actually be until January depending on how crazy things are. I don't know how the other stragglers feel, but I'd be fine with people getting in a short season in now.

jobber

FrenchMovieTheme said:
jobber or anyone else, has the collision detection changed? are there still those bullshit dunks where you take off from wherever and you just "move" the guy in mid-air for the dunk instead of getting a foul called or something? how is the defensive stance button?

dm told me that Live has mid-air collision detection, which makes me contemplate whether i should get 2k6 or live

Hmmmm well....

It's alot harder to dunk with a guy in your way. It'll end up with a crazy looking layup that usually won't go in unless you're controlling someone like Manu.

The refs call waaaaaaaaaay too many fouls.

Offline, I shoot 40 foul shots per game but it's been games where the CPU doesn't take any. I'm not sure if it's because I attack the paint alot or the refs are tards.

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:

That's a good question, and the answer is no from what I've played. No, it hasn't changed much if at all, and there are quite a few BS dunks....(players just spinning 180 from a standstill and jamming it in the post) but it still blows NBA Live away IMO

Matrix

Fifty said:
Yeah, the game is (just slightly) improved. I'm glad I bought it, and I can't even say that about madden right now. I got all the (ultra easy, give me the 1000 points) achievements, and I'm experimenting with teams now.

All I know is that I'm not using the Kings or Raps....but seeing how few people actually have the game who are signed up for the league, I can take my time making a decision. Although if Bish doesn't play, I might just take the Grizz to piss Matrix off. ;)

hehateme_041007.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:

I haven't seen as many dunks with Larry Hughes so far, but Bron still gets what he wants. I've seen better dunk animations from the bigs though. Dunking with two hands instead of a big one handed dunk from a stand still.
The defensive stance button seems alright. I had gotten used to playing without one but it is nice to have something there to help your defense face-up and slow down the man with the ball. It's not overpowering like Live is though. Your defender gets low and puts his arms out but it's definetly no great wall of defense like it used to be.
I really like it.

The 360 version is an improvement. I realized that from the first game I played, really sad that no reviews figured any of that out.

And FMT, Live is pretty bad. Don't believe Ram. Rent it and see. EA missed that boat on all their sports games for 360.

i'm just going to download live and see.

i really dont give a crap about any extras. i like 2k6 but what makes me not want to play are the bullcrap dunks. call a foul or have some mid-air animation, but what the fuck is with just pushing the shoot button and all of a sudden your defender is just moved aside? makes the game nearly unplayable for me but ill probably still get 2k6 for leagues.

jobber

One big thing I've noticed is...POST MOVES!

And posting up, turning around and hitting a shot works.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i will be getting 2k6, i have live sitting on my desk from gamefly... that and call of duty 2.... cant play neither... fuck

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Just so you know - my playing time from January onwards will be limited to Fri/Sat/Sun - work is picking up around then. I will have a bunch of time off in December though, so I'm looking forward to spanking you all with the power of Reeves!

Reeves!

Matrix

Konex I have no idea when im going to get the game now,I'm broke :( and now my bro isnt sure he wants it.

He played the live demo :\ and liked the graphics and might buy that instead :lol He also thought the gameplay wasnt that bad,I think both games stink :p

I thought he had no taste for liking 2k6 games ;) and now hes pulling this shit.He has to think about which game he wants to buy and sadly he read the egm review about 2k6 and its swaying him towards Live,cause egm said its more next gen :lol

Matrix

Fifty said:
Get a job Matrix! Or stop buying so many DVDs :(

Got a job,its the dvds man and the ladies *I wish*!

Plus I already let everyone know that I wasnt buying this game again,blame my bro if he doesnt get it :p

Matrix

:lol

Really this is disturbing so far :( Only a few of us are keeping madden,people are buying a next gen port of Nba 2k6 all over again and only Ram owns Live *I think*

Also some people still cant get systems,by the time fmt gets his,football season will be over :( Who the heck will want to even play this madden then? Shit only a few are playing it now which upsets me more than not having a bball game.

jobber

Matrix said:
Who the heck will want to even play this madden then? Shit only a few are playing it now which upsets me more than not having a bball game.

Well you can't say we didn't warn you. EA stripped all the main features out and out of Live. Really doesn't have much replay value.

if live PLAYS better on the court than 2k6 (which i hear it does...), then there is no doubt which game i'm going with. fuck features.

but time will tell!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ram is freakin odd to think that Live is a good game at all. Too many Phili cheesesteaks for him.

Hey Dalembert played again finally. Go Sixers!!

The important part here is that everyone buy the game they actually want to play. Don't freakin buy 2k6 just to play leagues if you don't really like the game. Games are too expensive now to be wasting money like that. If you like 2k6 get in our league. If you don't then that's cool too.
Next October both game should be better and hopefully we have a better consensus as to what we should all get for league play.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Ramirez said:
For shame ladies!
Ramirez
Official EA Apologist
(Yesterday, 06:19 PM)

Don't you ever complain to me about your tag again! :lol :)

Malleymal said:
i just want a fucking 360 , i would WNBA live right now if i had too...

horseteeth3wh.jpg

Ramirez

Ram is freakin odd to think that Live is a good game at all. Too many Phili cheesesteaks for him.

Right...go back to averaging 50 with Lebron in 2K :)

And yea Bishop,not like I made a thread thrashing Madden and ebaying it or anything :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ramirez said:
Right...go back to averaging 50 with Lebron in 2K :)

And yea Bishop,not like I made a thread thrashing Madden and ebaying it or anything :p

Hey that was only cause I sucked with everyone else. It was much more balanced as I learned how to play the game.

But like I said, to each his own.

Top Bottom