• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K6 Season 2 Thread (360)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
bishoptl said:
Ramirez
Official EA Apologist
(Yesterday, 06:19 PM)

Don't you ever complain to me about your tag again! :lol :)

horseteeth3wh.jpg

:lol!

If the game was cheaper, I would help out. But man $60 per is tough to swallow.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
*laughs and runs*

I'll take over as admin!

Look out for a 2K6 360 playoff notice soon!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I said I was going to buy a mic with my own money cause the one that came with my system got fucked up during shipping,well I walked into my local gamestop yesterday and said fuck the mic and bought 2k6,I got sick of waiting for my bro to buy it and I was craving a bball game.

Even on standard tv this game looks much better imo and damn they have improved the gameplay and post up moves.They also have cut down on the insane amounts of threes the pgs make.

Replays are sick and I drool at the thought of what they can do with next years version.

360 2k6 >>>>>>>> old ass 2k6 on xbox

jobber

Matrix said:
I said I was going to buy a mic with my own money cause the one that came with my system got fucked up during shipping,well I walked into my local gamestop yesterday and said fuck the mic and bought 2k6,I got sick of waiting for my bro to buy it and I was craving a bball game.

Even on standard tv this game looks much better imo and damn they have improved the gameplay and post up moves.They also have cut down on the insane amounts of threes the pgs make.

Replays are sick and I drool at the thought of what they can do with next years version.

360 2k6 >>>>>>>> old ass 2k6 on xbox

Welcome to the club! Wait til you see it in HDTV :eek:

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
jobber said:
Welcome to the club! Wait til you see it in HDTV :eek:

:( That will be a long wait,I'll be playing 2k7 on hdtv hopefully :) Got to start saving up now.

jobber

So how many people have this now. By my count, I see 6 in this thread and Kruza has it. I'm itching to beat yo......errr......play against some people.

Fifty

I can't wait to be dunked on with the same animation 25 times in a row by Lebron! That was the lowest point in my sports videogaming year. The shit was unstoppable. If we get a league going I hope I can sign Charles Oakley to take Lebronita out with a forearm to the head.

jobber

Fifty said:
I can't wait to be dunked on with the same animation 25 times in a row by Lebron! That was the lowest point in my sports videogaming year. The shit was unstoppable. If we get a league going I hope I can sign Charles Oakley to take Lebronita out with a forearm to the head.

I'll let you in on a protip!

If you see a guy driving to the hole, call for a double team. If you're quick enough, the chances of the person making the dunk goes down.....by alot. Of course if you're playing man to man, that'll leave someone open. If you're playing zone, it'll be exposed. It's a gift and a curse.

Matrix

I was playing last night with the Pistons and you guys know how the shorts on the players flow and move around now,well Billups was running and ran into Prince and his shorts got pulled up somehow and they never fell back down.He was runnig around with an invisible ass and the shorts stuck up into the jersey.

It was disturbing,hopefully I can have it happen again so I can take a pic of it.

jobber

Matrix said:
I was playing last night with the Pistons and you guys know how the shorts on the players flow and move around now,well Billups was running and ran into Prince and his shorts got pulled up somehow and they never fell back down.He was runnig around with an invisible ass and the shorts stuck up into the jersey.

It was disturbing,hopefully I can have it happen again so I can take a pic of it.

I've seen Peja's jersey fade off. The skeleton frames they use are BONEY.

DMczaf

Matrix said:

:lol :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah I've seen that too. But when I saw it the player wound up running around with his shorts all yanked up and his compression shorts visible. So he was still wearing something thank goodness.

Matrix

Cloudy said:
I will have mine on the 18th BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY >_<

Best buy manager walks up...

*konex falls to his knees*

Matrix

Fifty you know this game is better than the xbox version cause now you can beat me :(

also we had some lag in our games,but I had none in my game against DM....thats a first.

Fifty

If you were a real 2K6 fan like me you'd have waited in the freezing cold outside a Walmart last month for 8 hours to get it!

oh, no you're right, there are 2 of us. makes me feel better :D

i think i could have snagged one at a costco today somewhere in LA, but i'm god damn tired of running around looking for 360's. my last chance this year (barring some fluke online in-stock purchase, which i guess could happen) is to get the system from best buy on the 18th. but even that is looking in doubt cause there is no way to know how many assholes are going to lineup early.

:lol thanks buddy, but if fye.com ships your other one you need to make a profit on that with ebay! dont worry about me, i will come up with one somehow.

also, i am tired of employees being cunts about asking if they have 360's in stock. i was at target today when they opened, and i asked this chick if they had them in stock. she went to go check and then said no, so i said ok cool. then i heard this pig lady answering the phone and the conversation went like this:

her: electronics.... NO SIR we don't.... <sigh> SIR... SIR i don't know WHEN, sometime next year... you're weeeeeelcooooome.

stupid bitch is getting paid to answer questions over a telephone and she's treating it like it's the end of the world.

Cloudy

Banned
Are the Ebay prices still insane? I'd think that after the 18th the hype will have died down.

If not, I guess I gotta look into that if fye comes through :lol

Matrix

Cloudy said:
My 360 just shippped from Kmart. I'll have it by Tuesday :D

Konex did it come today?

jobber

for the hell of it, I'm going to play this KobeBryantLakers guy. He's ranked #1 on 2K6 online. From his card, it seems like all he does is dunk with Kobe. I can stop that...

Fifty

I'll use the Raptors in this, on one condition..I trade Jalen Rose. If someone will take the 81 rated Jalen (for a player 77 or above) I will gladly use the hometown Raptors :D With Calderon in this game, they're not that bad. Who am I kidding? They suck shit, but at least with Rose gone I'll have some fun with them.

Also...If this thing hasn't started by the 22nd, that being the date when I'm 100% online on the 360, I will gladly do Konex's duties if for some reason he hasn't got the ball rolling by then. Hopefully you get your 360 today, but I'm just saying..

I hope people are still interested in this league, with Madden out of the question, for a bunch of us regulars at least, this league is all we've got!! All we've got!! I won't let this baby die!

plzsendoffersforroseasap (he's good in the game! I just personally hate him!)

sunday morning is my last chance to get a 360 this year. if i don't get one at best buy on that date, i'm finished looking in 2005. this hunt for 360 has gotten more and more ridiculous, and i'm about ready to throw in the towel. but, like a good sport, i will give it one final college try on saturday night/sunday morning. screw you ms!

jobber

Fifty said:
plzsendoffersforroseasap (he's good in the game! I just personally hate him!)

hmmmm lets talk

who on my roster would you want?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
TRI FORCE FOREVER!!!!!

seriously, After I leave the Chiefs/Giants game I am going to head to best buy and see what happens... there are 3 around me so I will see what happens and if so I will hop in the league, i hope konex got his....

Fifty

jobber said:
hmmmm lets talk

who on my roster would you want?

Nazr!

(I'll have to check the spurs' ratings...since this is a videogame and not real life, moving jalen rose is much easier, and all I'd want in return is a 77 or above (I'd go to a 76 but not a 75! :lol )

This game rocks... and most of the player models are just fantastic, but Charlie V looks even weirder in the game. Seriously...he looks like an alien. The way they modeled Mo Pete is just a joke. Dude looks like one of those pigs from the Zelda games.

down like a clown charlie brown! finally got my 360 and nba 2k6 so i'm in.

on a sidenote, i'm not sure how anyone can say 2k6 looks like the xbox version. the game looks incredible to me. also, it plays better than the xbox version. the defensive stance button, while not back in full force, is probably the best addition to the series in a few years :lol

post game seems improved and the overall flow of the game is almost perfect. best sports launch game!

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
but but but... triforce!

How'd you get yours?

Cloudy

Banned
Ugh, it came today but I wasn't home and they didn't leave it. Gotta call and have em leave it at the main office tomorrow >_<

Matrix

Congrats Fmt :D

That sucks Konex,one more day without playing the awesome 360 2k6 :(

i downloaded nba live and holy crap is it gorgeous. probably the best looking game ive played on 360 (pdz, madden, nba 2k6). i still like 2k6 better for gameplay overall, but live does a lot of cool things. i especially enjoy the collision detection download. you don't just "move people" aside when you go into the lane, if someone is there then a takedown or altered shot happens. still a LITTLE too jittery for my tastes, but that is only the demo afterall.

Matrix

Live really is amazing looking * except for the long spidey arms* ,I just find the camera angles and some of the animation mess up the experience.

Cloudy

Banned
Man, Fedex really sucks. Now they want a sig in person. WTF, do they want me to take off work to wait for the package :(

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
If you're within driving distance to one of their distribution centers you can pick it up there.

Top Bottom