• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Most Wanted U |OT| Burned out, Upshift

Just tried an hour as a "co-driver". Friend didn't wanted to play as he's not a big fan of racers in general (aside Mario Kart). We had a ton of fun, once he got the controls figured out. Plus me helping around turning off traffic at first, changing cars and giving him directions. Then, it was all about chasing for police cars and slamming them.
yeah. i played an hour or more as a co driver. generally handling boosting and initiating drifting. my driver was laughing so hard at one point that he got twizzler up in the back of his nose.

and yeah, another hardlock. hopefully they patch soon.

burgerdog

Third hardlock, all three as a result of hitting the home button. Getting tired of it. All MH3U until Nintendo or EA/Criterion fix this.

finally felt comfortable enough to do real races took on Most Wanted #10 and #9 I had to retry a few times because the cars I used are not maxed out because I have not raced at all

well #9 I had to retry a lot the most difficult thing about the game for me is learning the courses looking to the side at the map is an instant crash for me

loving this game I can see putting months into it

EDarkness

So I bought the game and I think I entered my Origin information wrong and now I can't delete this profile to change it. Does anyone know of a way to back out of this and start the process all over? I deleted all of the files and I can't fix it. It keeps asking me for my Origin ID which I'm not gonna create a new account for because I have one, but I messed it up when I was entering it in and didn't realize it. There has to be a way to fix this. Anyone know?

Suck it down, hater!

I totally destroyed your score on the easy track with the BU whatever car. By like 20 seconds.

Heads up, adding a few peeps from this thread.

I am getting better I will be gunning for you all day

already took down a few of your best times muhahahaha

edit: just took down the one that you had 20 seconds :) Passed you on SP as well

EDarkness

So...

I bought the game and started it up and made the mistake of entering the wrong e-mail address by accident. Not sure what I was thinking at the time, but the mistake was made. At no point are there any prompts asking me if I was sure I wanted to do this or if X was the correct e-mail address. I realized there was a problem after it asked me to change my Origin ID so I tried to back out of the process. Unfortunately, the game was so kind as to create an account for me already before I was even done and even went so far as to link my NID to that account (even though it wasn't even completed yet).

I tried deleting all of the Most Wanted data files on my Wii U's HDD, and yet the game still thinks I'm using this crappy e-mail address as the game has now been linked to this so no amount of information changes will help me get this removed. So I contact EA customer service to get it fixed and I simply ask them to delete the account so I can start over from scratch. After a long time waiting and chatting, it was brought to my attention that once the game is connected to an e-mail address there is no way to change it. It's a one time deal and deleting the account would make the game totally unplayable. In essence it would destroy my game.

I was told that the only way to fix it now was to call them (on the phone...from Japan) as phone support was the only group who could do anything and even that was attempting an account merge. Now, I'm not the best software engineer out there, but I know that the account system they have setup is one of the crappiest things I've seen in a long time. Why the hell would it link your NID to an account without asking if you want to do this first? Especially considering that there's no way to change it once it's done. All they've done is turn what was and should have been a relatively simple fix into something time consuming and frustrating. I just don't understand why these guys would make more work for themselves and not give players an "out" before committing.

Now I'm pissed off and have to find a way to call them in an hour or so. More waiting on the phone... Ugh.

So guys be VERY careful about setting up your account.

So...

I bought the game and started it up and made the mistake of entering the wrong e-mail address by accident. Not sure what I was thinking at the time, but the mistake was made. At no point are there any prompts asking me if I was sure I wanted to do this or if X was the correct e-mail address. I realized there was a problem after it asked me to change my Origin ID so I tried to back out of the process. Unfortunately, the game was so kind as to create an account for me already before I was even done and even went so far as to link my NID to that account (even though it wasn't even completed yet).

I tried deleting all of the Most Wanted data files on my Wii U's HDD, and yet the game still thinks I'm using this crappy e-mail address as the game has now been linked to this so no amount of information changes will help me get this removed. So I contact EA customer service to get it fixed and I simply ask them to delete the account so I can start over from scratch. After a long time waiting and chatting, it was brought to my attention that once the game is connected to an e-mail address there is no way to change it. It's a one time deal and deleting the account would make the game totally unplayable. In essence it would destroy my game.

I was told that the only way to fix it now was to call them (on the phone...from Japan) as phone support was the only group who could do anything and even that was attempting an account merge. Now, I'm not the best software engineer out there, but I know that the account system they have setup is one of the crappiest things I've seen in a long time. Why the hell would it link your NID to an account without asking if you want to do this first? Especially considering that there's no way to change it once it's done. All they've done is turn what was and should have been a relatively simple fix into something time consuming and frustrating. I just don't understand why these guys would make more work for themselves and not give players an "out" before committing.

Now I'm pissed off and have to find a way to call them in an hour or so. More waiting on the phone... Ugh.

So guys be VERY careful about setting up your account.
My game never even prompted me for an email address or password. It says my email is something generic like abcxyz@ea.com. I guess I'll have to give them a call too.

Zero148

_kcDveD4iRyr3rvfiYOP0fDNDqke2sXcNve6_3eIRPk

beautiful game

JCH!

Great. The ONE game i get on disc is cheaper in the eShop than in Retail stores...

Payed 64.99, eShop has it for 59.99...

Assuming you're in Europe, how on earth did you pay that much? I bought it for 52€!

Also, been playing for over 5h now, not one hard lock/freeze. Autolog didn't work for me yesterday but I think that's because I got it a day early, will try later today.

Effect

Still no Digital Foundry comparison? Have they even said for definite that they're doing one?

Take that as a good sign. They had already made up their mind about in regard to what the Wii U was capable of. If they can't spin it negatively like they've done in the past perhaps they simply won't do a comparison and ignore the game.

AkiraGr

Banned
Still no Digital Foundry comparison? Have they even said for definite that they're doing one?
Can I speculate on this one? Sub HD for wii u version, framerate issues, better on 360, as for PC textures no comments this update because it is irrelevant, Wii U has the worst version.

j/k.

Zero148

Can I speculate on this one? Sub HD for wii u version, framerate issues, better on 360, as for PC textures no comments this update because it is irrelevant, Wii U has the worst version.

j/k.

just an educated guess about DF general WiiU opinion or have you sources for this? I haven't encountered any fragmerate issues.

I guess it's the first one though ^^

edit: I have overread your first sentence somehow, so definetly a guess

Did EA say anything about a patch coming to fix the freezing?

I asked Alex Ward (head of Criterion) on Twitter yesterday, and he said they've not been seeing this problem on their development kits, so..........

No, they haven't said, but often times their comparisons don't arrive for days or even a week after the game comes out. If you don't see one by the end of the weekend, it's not coming.

Media coverage is only for things that are bad.

Take that as a good sign. They had already made up their mind about in regard to what the Wii U was capable of. If they can't spin it negatively like they've done in the past perhaps they simply won't do a comparison and ignore the game.

Riiiiight, and that's exactly why they did this glowing article about how the U version has some impressive upgrades, etc.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-need-for-speed-most-wanted-wii-u-behind-the-scenes

This is a pile of bullshit excuse from EA. I have the latest firmware and have had a hard lock. Other people have the latest firmware and have had lots of their own hard locks.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
ffs, the shipping code they sent me is wrong. Fucking EA.

Edit: or maybe it hasn't been scanned anywhere yet... :/

Same here, still not working after 2 days. Someone else in this thread mentioned this also. I guess that's "normal"...

dwu8991

Banned
Gee, you can really feel the sound virbration going with the gamepad. Feels so awesome! Much more natural than rumble too.

I think people are talking about this article that they did.

DF did do a preview on NFSMWU though: Here

What are you talking about? People are suggesting the Digital Foundry does not want to give credit to a Wii U game being more impressive than the 360/PS3 version. I then linked to an article where the Digital Foundry gave praise to the improved Wii U port of the game.

Do you realize you just linked me to the same article I linked in my post? lmao

Blades64

Banned
What are you talking about? People are complaining they're not wanting to give credit to a Wii U game being more impressive than the 360/PS3 version. I think linked to an article where the Digital Foundry gave praise to the improved Wii U port of the game.

Do you realize you just linked me to the same article I linked to in my post? lmao

I'm sorry. I should have clarified. The first sentence was my response to you (where I linked another article that people may be alluding to talking about DF and the Wii U). The second sentence (where I linked the same article as you) was more for everyone to see who was interested. Didn't notice that you linked the same article at the time. :)

I'm sorry. I should have clarified. The first sentence was my response to you (where I linked another article that people may be alluding to talking about DF and the Wii U). The second sentence (where I linked the same article as you) was more for everyone to see who was interested. Didn't notice that you linked the same article at the time. :)

Yeah, well I don't even know what you were getting at with that first link, as that article does nothing but report on the the chips found inside the Wii U. Am I supposed to think there is something bias there?

JaseMath

I'm about to bite, but I have one question: Is there a free-drive mode where the cops will still chase me without going into an event?

Akira_83

Banned
Hopefully I don't piss anybody off for asking, but if anyone is willing to ship their box and manual up to Canada shoot me a PM. Just got the news that my copy is disc only, and I'm really anal about my collection.

Still waiting for the game to arrive, and the wait is driving me nuts. So pumped to dig in.

You buy a copy of the game without a case and manual when your "anal" about that stuff, then ask for a free one to be shipped to you on NeoGaf?

you obviously dont REALLY care about the condition of the games you buy or you wouldnt have settled for anything less than a complete copy.

I think your just cheap

Trust me, your talking to the guy who regularly spends over $100 on copies of PS1 games just to get ones that have manual and caseart intact and in mint condition, as well as having to be the original black label release

If you have hardlock issues, do you use th eShop or the disc version? Maybe theres a relation. Because some people do experience them and some don't.

No hardlocks in 2 hours on the disc version for me.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
If you have hardlock issues, do you use th eShop or the disc version? Maybe theres a relation. Because some people do experience them and some don't.

I have the retail version, tons of hardlocks.

I'm about to bite, but I have one question: Is there a free-drive mode where the cops will still chase me without going into an event?

Yep.

JaseMath

just drive around, cause a bit of chaos and the cops will chase dont need to be in an event

Awesome! I really liked Hot Pursuit, but that's was my number problem - sometimes I just wanted to be chased by cops; it made the free driving mode essentially worthless.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Could also depend on the harddisk type for the digital.

I am curious. I downloaded over night and didn't get a chance to play it, as I was at work until now. I will check it a little bit later.

Top Bottom