• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Most Wanted U |OT| Burned out, Upshift

ShineALight benefits from my lack of patience. I decided to buy it off the eShop then call EA to cancel the order, but they couldn't.

If anyone else is looking to order from Origin, I have a 15% discount code.

NotLiquid

Oh great. This is just magical.

I didn't even get to play 15 minutes until I suffered a hard lock. Finished the introduction and first race, accidentally bumped into a cop car, sped off into a tunnel in first person and it just randomly crashed on me.

Urgh, this is going to suck. The game feels fun but I'm really going to be paranoid about playing it if this is how it's going to be like.

JCH!

Just got it a day early in Spain from Saturn/MediaMarkt (and in the Canary Islands to boot, we usually get things a couple of days late) for 52€.

Gonna try it now, hope it doesn't crash my WiiU!

Edit: Been playing for over an hour now, absolutely no problems. Game is tons of fun, haven't done any real races, just exploring Freehaven looking for cars.

sammex

No locks here - I've played for about 4 hours now and it's great, kinda like Burnout Paradise but with police chases. It looks really good too and runs smoothly. Criterion did an awesome job.

jaz013

Banned
After a couple hours into this games, and after been unable to beat the first "most wanted", I had the impression that the driving was just erratic. But then I downloaded Punch-Out! and realized that the settings on my TV were generating A LOT of picture lag. I was able to fix that, so I hope the driving feels smother now.

My NNID is zaragoza, just put "GAF" in the request.

Raptomex

Maybe you have to delete all your NFS related saves?
I deleted my save file but not the update file. I didn't get very far, didn't even race yet but when I went back to play it still was signed under my new account. I just want to switch. I can't believe it's this difficult.

I know I've asked this before, but I didn't get a valid response:

How is the Wii mote tilt control? I've seen commercials where you can use the Wii wheel, so I'd like to know how the cars handle using this control method (for my GF to play).

Plyed it for 1.5-2h today.

First of all, DAMN it looks GREAT. IMO the prettiest open world game on a console.

Driving feels arkward at first but with some pratice you get the hang of it!

Didn´t have any hard locks. Not even from going to miiverse or exiting the game.

Made a little video. Watch in 720p. Not up to my image quality standard for recording, but it still looks very nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGw0GKDhzfs

NotLiquid

Played for some more hours... So far so good. No locks as of last, I really hope I don't jinx it.

This game is fun as hell. It's definitely got the Criterion touch when it comes to game feel but I haven't had any crazy pursuits just yet. I hope I can get into them soon so I can see the elements where the game hopefully truly shines.

Overall pleased with my purchase. Not quite as good as the very first Most Wanted but it's still damn good, and it looks marvelous.

Played for some more hours... So far so good. No locks as of last, I really hope I don't jinx it.

This game is fun as hell. It's definitely got the Criterion touch when it comes to game feel but I haven't had any crazy pursuits just yet. I hope I can get into them soon so I can see the elements where the game hopefully truly shines.

Overall pleased with my purchase. Not quite as good as the very first Most Wanted but it's still damn good, and it looks marvelous.

Chases become annoying after a while. They drag on FOREVER and the cops are extremely obnoxious.

Chases become annoying after a while. They drag on FOREVER and the cops are extremely obnoxious.

Are you basing that on the 360/PS3 versions?

Because playing the U version for a couple hours last night, I felt like the cops were far less assholish. Meaning you had to really instigate trouble for them to come after you, and even then they didn't seem quite as aggressive.

Are you basing that on the 360/PS3 versions?

Because playing the U version for a couple hours last night, I felt like the cops were far less assholish. Meaning you had to really instigate trouble for them to come after you, and even then they didn't seem quite as aggressive.

PC version. Mainly speaking about the automatic pursuits that happen when you end a race at times.

schlew

Hopefully I don't piss anybody off for asking, but if anyone is willing to ship their box and manual up to Canada shoot me a PM. Just got the news that my copy is disc only, and I'm really anal about my collection.

Still waiting for the game to arrive, and the wait is driving me nuts. So pumped to dig in.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Also received a shipping confirmation, but my tracking # doesn't work... Anybody else has this problem?

Also, I just noticed that it's delivered by UPS... Should I worry about customs fees since I'm in Canada? :/

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Does anyone know if this is available on the euro eshop at midnight?

I am also curious about it. I think it will be, as the game is already in the eshop, just the option to buy is not yet activated. The same think happened with NBA 2k13 and at midnight it was available.

Also received a shipping confirmation, but my tracking # doesn't work... Anybody else has this problem?

Also, I just noticed that it's delivered by UPS... Should I worry about customs fees since I'm in Canada? :/

First question: That's common when the tracking number has been recently generated; it's like that with USPS, UPS, and FedEx. Mine is like that too, I wouldn't worry about it for at least 24 hours.

And, yeah, UPS is fond of screwing people. Good luck bro/sis.

Top Bottom