• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Most Wanted U |OT| Burned out, Upshift

burgerdog

How do I turn off coop driving or whatever it's called? This might sound weird but I don't want to have access to all the cars without first finding them myself.

How the heck do the Origin Accounts work with this game? They make you start a new Origin account, but then don't give you a password and don't let you change your email without entering the password. What the hell?

dear friends list quit passing me on Most Wanted List!
LLShC.gif

How do I turn off coop driving or whatever it's called? This might sound weird but I don't want to have access to all the cars without first finding them myself.

I'm pretty sure they just give you access to all the cars in this version. You still have to find all the jackspots though.

you still have to find everything yourself

best way to avoid using this is off tv mode hit SELECT ( - ) to change

big youth

Reviews really aren't necessary, are they? Just read the reviews from last November. It's the same game, but now you've got some Gamepad and Miiverse featured added which you can see demo'd in various videos.

as you went on to say, it's not exactly the same game. there's a decent list of changes and additions

but more importantly is reviews would help this game not fly under the radar. a 9.0 or whatever it would score on sites like IGN would help get the word out. Criterion deserves it.

burgerdog

Just booted this up. Playing on the Gamepad only so far. Liking what I'm seeing. Unfortunately I don't have access to my main HDTV at the moment, so I can't truly compare the graphics to the other console versions, but it certainly runs and looks very nice.

My NIND is the same as my Neogaf username. Send me a request so we can compare some times!

Added.

anyone else who ordered from origin not able to check order status?

I assume they'll ship it eventually.. but it isn't even showing up in my order history at the moment.

burgerdog

Is there a way to turn off co-driver? I figured out how to play with the CCP, the only problem being that I can't use the easy drive menu, wat.

DarkWish

Got the download version, no hard locks at all yet. Game looks great, and it's a lot of fun. I suck at it lol, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it a bit. It can be fun just driving around and exploring as well. If anyone wants to add me, my NNID is DarkWish.

Oh, and Off-TV Play is the best feature. I wouldn't be able to play it much if it weren't for that feature. Love it!

burgerdog

I'm pretty sure they just give you access to all the cars in this version. You still have to find all the jackspots though.

I see, what's the point of the jackpots if the card are available from the start, then?

you still have to find everything yourself

best way to avoid using this is off tv mode hit SELECT ( - ) to change

I somehow found a way to deactivate co driver and everything is fine now(though every car is still unlocked.)

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I've had over ten hard locks now. Even though I am enjoying the game, I can't recommend it to anybody in this state. Hopefully a patch is released down the road fixing whatever problem(s) are causing the game freezes.

Edit: I blew past you Smiles on the Most Wanted list and I'm not looking back! Anybody looking for friends can add me, the game really is addicting (when it actually works).

Having played the 360 version extensively, this is, without question, the definitive console version. Better textures and a rock solid frame rate to boot. To be honest the only thing that I didn't like about the 360 version was the inconsistent frame rate. I'm absolutely loving this!

Criterion rocks!

Not entirely true. A lot of them you still have to find the jack spot for. Had to do so to get the Lambo for example. Seems to give you everything in the brand when you do though.

burgerdog

First hard lock :/

Ugh, the worst thing about these hard locks on Wii U is having to unplug the ac cord from the unit or wall.

oatmeal

Banned
Almost bought today on eShop...but the 60 dollars when I could get on Origin for 30 makes it seem like a bad idea.

I'll wait for a sale or something.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Almost bought today on eShop...but the 60 dollars when I could get on Origin for 30 makes it seem like a bad idea.

I'll wait for a sale or something.

??? The Wii U version is on sale for $29 on Origin right now. I couldnt find this in a single Target today, so I guess that's how I'll be getting it.

burgerdog

Second hard lock after 5 hours of playing and zero locks. Both happened as soon as I started using the off-tv play and hitting the home button.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Will this be available at midnight in Europe ? As usually the eshop updates today, probably will be already listed. just the buy option locked, I think. Right ?

iMerc

so definitely worth a buy? looks like criterion really put some effort on this. played this on 360 but never owned it.

just walked past an EB today and saw it on the shelf priced for $89.00(aud)
that's still a lot!

how's online?

NotLiquid

Very concerning to hear that the game is having hard locks. Only had two hard locks so far with my Wii U, hope it doesnt bleed into this game. I'm picking it up later on the way back from class and I've really been looking forward to playing it.

Is there a pattern to how they happen or when they happen? Seems like its mostly Home/Miiverse related yet again.

Captain N

Very concerning to hear that the game is having hard locks. Only had two hard locks so far with my Wii U, hope it doesnt bleed into this game. I'm picking it up later on the way back from class and I've really been looking forward to playing it.

Is there a pattern to how they happen or when they happen? Seems like its mostly Home/Miiverse related yet again.

My first hard lock was from pausing and selecting Post to Miiverse. Didn't leave the game yet and hard lock. Second was pressing the home button. I've got the eShop version.

Played it at a friend today. Graphics are better than ps3 and 360 but the differences aren't worth buying the game again imo. Gameplay on gamepad is impressive though.

I haven't seen this game for sale anywhere in Japan. I was planning on buying it from Tsutaya, but nothin'. I checked Seiyu too and nothin'. I didn't check any other big stores, but that's still not a good sign. I ended up buying it from Amazon for ¥1200 cheaper than the eShop, so it all worked out for me. I doubt the Media Create sales will be good though...

Top Bottom