• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Official "DRIVECLUB" Club & Event Thread

THE EDGE HAS ARISEN FROM DEEP SLUMBER!

So hello everybody. As you can tell from previous posts this group is still going strong! You can also tell that we have a ton of information for you which will be coming soon
y
. So, with that in mind please be patient for the information as it is a hefty load. The information will be up before 2 PM Eastern Standard Time. I promise. It will probably be up way before that but that's just the deadline.

Thanks!
-Edge

Gestault

I think a tournament-table style setup could at least help organize things. It's tricky though, because we can only have one active club, the breakdown here will be [Number of DC players in the NeoGAF community divided by six]. That's a lot of cats to wrangle. There's so much interest in this game here.

If this works out like a "fantasy league" sort of thing, that would be awesome.

I think a tournament-table style setup could at least help organize things. It's tricky though, because we can only have one active club, the breakdown here will be [Number of DC players in the NeoGAF community divided by six]. That's a lot of cats to wrangle. There's so much interest in this game here.

If this works out like a "fantasy league" sort of thing, that would be awesome.

Trust me, you guys are gonna like this.

LegoDad

User: caliblue15
PSN: caliblue15
Time Zone: Central
Availability: Weekdays and Weekends (variable with work but usually always available.)

DOWN

Banned
DC_Timelapse_Chile_Audi_R8_ProRes2.gif

This is getting too tense.

UPDATE: So, here it is everybody! The big update you have all been waiting for. The update on how we are going to proceed with clubs. Before that I would like to note that I haven't been able to accept anybody in at the moment due to conflicts, so the last person to be accepted in was: MiamiWesker. The total # of people who are accounted for at the moment is 158 GAFFERS. This is terrific news, and there are going to be more as soon as I post this update.

As you all know, the 3 leaders have all gotten together to talk about how we are gong to proceed with this, and we have come to an awesome conclusion that will make every race feel rewarding. I call this system, the Season System or SS for short. This system will be the perfect way for all of us to have a ton of fun, in a comfortable environment. So, without further ado, I present to you the Season System!!!

Season System: So the basis of this Season System is Leagues, and inside these Leagues are divisions. The Leagues will (AS OF RIGHT NOW) be determined by region of the world, which is why I made you post your region. Now, there will also be Divisions inside of the Leagues, based off of your clubs highest Time Trial Times so that we can organize clubs in order of skill. Here is an example of what it would look like:

image_zpsd3ecaddf.jpg

Now, DONT panic. These are not all of the regions so don't fret. If you look at that picture you can see that there are 5 clubs per division. I like the #5 because it's an easy number. So we are going to shoot for 5 clubs per division based off of the final number of people we get. So, with all of THAT said, I'm going to explain why we call it the Season System. Each Season will be a span of 3 months. Your club will have to play 12 games total in the span of 3 months, so preferably one race a week. After the "Regular Season" is done, in the 4th month is where the playoffs begin to see if you Club can make it into a higher Division or to see if you can maintain your spot in your division. We did come to the conclusion that there will only be 5 (or whatever number we decide) clubs in the division which allows for promotion to a new division and bumping another team down or being demoted by another team to either a lower spot in your division or even another division altogether. For example: In the picture above you can see the clubs. Say that in NA West Club 1 of Division B played Club 5 of Division A, and they won. Club 1 of Division B would then move up to Club 5 of Division A bumping down the other club to their previous division and rank. All of this is in the 4th month, or the "Post-Season". These rankings at the end of the season will then carry over to the next season.

OTHER NOTES: There is a sign-up deadline people! We have decided for Sept.9 to be the deadline, so that we can come up with a schedule and you guys can get your groups together. This also brings us to something else. Making your club and naming it. First off, YES. You do get to name your club whatever you wan but I would like it to have GAF in front of it so that people know we mean business. Making the club is up to you. You can pick whoever you want to be in your club of 6 as long as the have a NeoGAF account (Leaders will talk about outsiders soon). Yet another thing, and possibly the most fun thing we decided, was the "DRIVECLUB" Gaf Cup. This Cup will be structured like the FIFA World Cup in that your club will have to qualify, and that your club may play clubs that are halfway across the world. More details on this to come. Also, once we hit 300 people we will close registration!

So there you go everybody! The big update you have been waiting for. I feel like there is so much that I am forgetting but as of right now I think I covered pretty much it. I would like to that Bananafactory and v1lla21 for helping me out with all of this. I CAN ALMOST FEEL THE HYPE FOR THIS YOU GUYS!

Thanks!

-Edge

Liamc723

I'm liking the sound of the division system!

A suggestion, and I'll use Football as an example because it's the easiest way for me to explain it:

How about a Champions League sort of competition, where the top teams from all the Division A's compete to see who is the very best club on NeoGAF?

Been following this thread since the question was asked in the Next-gen racing graphics thread, but wasn't sure what my real-life friends were doing.

Now i've seen the possibilities of what's being planned here, and I just have to be a part of it.

Gaf: BlindMonkey (if that wasn't pretty obvious)
PSN: BlindMonkey
Region: GMT UK

I'm liking the sound of the division system!

A suggestion, and I'll use Football as an example because it's the easiest way for me to explain it:

How about a Champions League sort of competition, where the top teams from all the Division A's compete to see who is the very best club on NeoGAF?

We still haven't quite set in stone our plans but I think we are looking at something like playoffs within each Div A to determine a "winner" of that timezone/league, then we have a competition between the winner of each league for an ultimate champion

Gaz_RB

Oh shit, I almost forgot about this thread!

GAF ID: Gaz_RB
PSN ID: Gaz_RB
Region: NA West

Edge, you're the man for setting this up!

I am so ready for this!!

Neogaf: Avatar1
PSN: Paladin33
Zone: EST USA
Play most evenings!

If you are someone who loves to share movies and screens of any game add me as well. I love checking out what others are sharing.

Oh shit, I almost forgot about this thread!

GAF ID: Gaz_RB
PSN ID: Gaz_RB
Region: NA West

Edge, you're the man for setting this up!

Haha, absolutley man! This is for GAFFERS first and foremost. I want everyone to have fun and I think we can definitley accomplish this! IM SO EXCITED for Sept.9 when we can start forming Free Agents, and setting the Leagues up! and you know.....destiny!

Also, on Sept.9 I will post the final spreadsheet in an update and to OP.

Haha, absolutley man! This is for GAFFERS first and foremost. I want everyone to have fun and I think we can definitley accomplish this! IM SO EXCITED for Sept.9 when we can start forming Free Agents, and setting the Leagues up! and you know.....destiny!

Might be a good idea to embed your big update post in the OP as well, so people people who aren't going through all the posts don't miss it :)

v1lla21

Can the update be added to the OP? Can't wait until we get things started :D

Lol Banana posted 2 minutes before me. Sorry if I don't seem as active. I'm currently at work.

Hot Hatch GAF assemble!

Gaz_RB

Well it seems like Sept. 9 is shaping up to be the greatest day of all time

Navid

Great to see a lot of interested for this game in here, hopefully will mean the online portion will be nice and busy both in terms of the social aspects and the actual multiplayer...

I'm most likely clubbing up with a bunch of friends so unfortunately won't be able to join up with the Gaf multi-club, hopefully will get to race a few of you in the game, maybe in the future we can even arrange some sort of club vs club event. :)

TheMan

PSN: PsychOut83
Gaf: TheMan
Time: Central Time, US. I don't really have a set time I can play thanks to my busy job with a schedule that often varies, but generally Sundays I'm free, with a few hours spread out over the rest of the week.

Top Bottom