• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batman: Arkham Knight screenshots appear, including Harley Quinn [Up: Fullsize]

TimmiT

Why is it that Rocksteady can never get Harley Quinn right? She looks terrible in all Arkham games. Is it too much trouble to just have her use her original costume?

Marvel

could never
iCELc3Otaxmgq.jpg

Shorten the ears please, they seem to be growing longer with each game lol. He'll be catching them on phone lines at this rate.

I really dislike the batsuit. It's way too over-designed and armor-esque; it looks more like one of those batman action figure varients than something I would actually want to see batman wear.

could be worse

Batman-9-2.jpg

She isn't ugly in the comics is she? At least I don't think I have seen an ugly version of her

She was always a hot blonde before new52 gave her the stupidest redesign ever

She's still not an ugly beast, though

Namikaze

Wow, Harley is looking extra creepy in this game, lol. Cant believe how sharp and clean everything looks though, it's a huge step up from Arkham City.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
iCELc3Otaxmgq.jpg

Shorten the ears please, they seem to be growing longer with each game lol. He'll be catching them on phone lines at this rate.

Holy crap, what an amazing picture. Where is this from?

Must say, I am not into the whole 'armor' type batsuit. I understand the aesthetic but, it doesn't seem practical. I don't like it.

I personally like the shorter ears. I'm fine with it though. As long as Rocksteady will keep the tradition of having additional costumes. I also remember hearing in the GI interview that Batman starts in the AC costume. Gets the new one through some sort of story progression.

Nice bullshots, the IQ will not look like that.

I was thinking the same thing. But hearing to some of the impressions from the demo Rocksteady shown, it may actually be legit. Though they also said with the amazing visuals the frame rate was pretty bad...like close to single digits in parts. (Giantbomb). It's still really early though and I'm sure nothing is really optimized yet.

Sn4ke_911

Sendou

Not too big fan of that art style but that bat mobile just looks so slick. I hope this game will recapture what Arkham Asylum was for me.

I'm sure it will be great, but I always feel like they really miss the mark with the art direction in these games. I wish they would stop chasing realism and work toward a more stylized look. The closer to real you get with this sort of stuff the more absurd it appears.

The previous Arkham games weren't really my style but these screens are getting me hyped. The bat mobile in OP looks like gameplay. Can't wait to see video.

I never really liked the overly-sexualized Harley from these games. I wished they stuck closer to the BTAS version, which is pretty much perfect for me. meh.

Yeah same. I don't know why they're so opposed to using the jester outfit. I'd argue it's actually sexier than their attempts too... Oh well.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Harley Quinn face look super ugly. and the AK Batsuit is crap.

Rocksteady should just admit they can't do good faces and charachter models and ask WB Montreal to do that for them.

Getting a bit bored of the same characters every game.

Riddler challenges as well. They may be built around the batmobile now, but the same collectibles 4 games in a row.
  • AA: Poison Ivy, Killer Croc, Joker, Zsasz, Bane, Scarecrow

• AC: Hugo Strange, Mr. Freeze, Penguin, Joker, Catwoman, Ra's Al Ghul, Two-Face
    • Side-missions/DLC/Cameos: Hush, Deadshot, Mad Hatter, Azrael, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc, Black Mask, Bane, Zsasz
  • AO: Penguin, Joker, Bane, Firefly, Copperhead, Electrocutioner, Deathstroke, Killer Croc, Black Mask
    • Side-missions/Cameos: Deadshot, Mad Hatter, Amanda Waller, Lady Shiva, Anarky,
If there are repeats, it's because they have as many characters in each game as is possible. They've also introduced new ones in each title.

I understand if you want bigger focus on fewer/less exposed characters each game, but to say there isn't variety or that each game has the same characters doesn't make sense.

Same with the Riddler stuff. With the Rocksteady developed games, it's difficult to call the Riddler collectibles a rehash as their implementation is considerably expanded in the jump from AA to AC. I get if people are just tired of the Riddler himself, but he's the type of character to create puzzles and deathtraps to solve. Seeing that they've got sections that require the batmobile to complete shows Rocksteady has again added something new to Riddler content and is staying true to his character.

I never really liked the overly-sexualized Harley from these games. I wished they stuck closer to the BTAS version, which is pretty much perfect for me. meh.

The skin tight leotard?

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Let's hope this game is better than these damn character designs. This is ugly as hell. I hate to say that about one of our first really next-gen only games to be coming out, but why do they need to mar what could have been a great looking game with some of the ugliest character designs ever?

Sn4ke_911

Look at this monster of a car. dat smoke

1397616508-7.jpg

raindrops sliding down on his cape. Next-gen Current-gen baby!
1397616516-8.jpg

Dysun

Game looks fantastic. Never had a problem with Rocksteady's style, and this is taking everything to the max. Batmobile looks ridiculously good

Top Bottom