• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batman: Arkham Knight screenshots appear, including Harley Quinn [Up: Fullsize]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I was pretty ok with Harley's design in AC.

Harley_Quinn_arkham_city.jpg

Chariot

She isn't ugly in the comics is she? At least I don't think I have seen an ugly version of her
Always depends on the artist of course, but in-world she is quite attractive, although nothing stops Poison Ivy in that department.
Current Harley looks like this:
Detective_Comics_Vol_2_23.2_Harley_Quinn_Textless.jpg

Hexa

Oh I have no idea. I don't read the comics so I'm coming off of full ignorance here. She never looked pretty to me in the games and any art I've ever seen so I assumed they were always trying to make her look kinda tore up.

Old comics Harley was supposed to be cute and funny looking. New 52 Harley is supposed to be sexy... I think. I don't entirely know. They sort of destroyed her character completely and don't seem to have any idea where they're going with it. Previous games seem to be closer to New 52 with visual design, but personality is much much closer to old comics. You can't have old Harley personality without Joker however, so with that coupled with a design that doesn't look particularly Harleyish, I have no idea where they're going with her.

Messi

Always depends on the artist of course, but in-world she is quite attractive, although nothing stops Poison Ivy in that department.
Current Harley looks like this:
Detective_Comics_Vol_2_23.2_Harley_Quinn_Textless.jpg

This is from her current series. It's a bit less trashier and more played for laughs.

54554ce2e830d87567326bc59bbca5c0.jpg

The new series is the first step in the right direction since the new 52 design.

thenexus6

I am playing through Arkham City for the first time now, about 30% atm. Its my first Arkham game too.. I am hyped for this new one!

Sn4ke_911

Since Harley is playable i hope she has a TAS alternate outfit.

Harley-quinn-female-villians-2439836-259-337.jpg

Make it happen, Rocksteady.

Chariot

This is from her current series. It's a bit less trashier and more played for laughs.

54554ce2e830d87567326bc59bbca5c0.jpg

The new series is the first step in the right direction since the new 52 design.
Neat. I heard about it, but didn't buy it. Why isn't she with the Suicide Squad anymore? (I stopped buying it, because skinny Waller made me MAD).

Raptor

I don't care what anyone says but IMO that suit is the best god damn Batsuit ever created, looks so incredible detailed and badass, long ears, intimidating black with grey parts, god damn I get fucking horny just at looking at it.

Also that damn car, my God everything in this game looks beautifull, every single thing.

Messi

Neat. I heard about it, but didn't buy it. Why isn't she with the Suicide Squad anymore? (I stopped buying it, because skinny Waller made me MAD).

She is but they are rebooting that over the summer so it's on hiatus. You are missing out on the solo harley book it's really good. It's really upbeat and fun. It's harley written right. It got ComicGAF's book of the month in its 2nd month and lots of us love it.

Harley Quinn is such a step back from Arkham City :/

Opinions and all, but nope.
Removal of tattoos and majority of shitty make up, and the color thingie from the hair is more natural.

Not that I like that much the new one (original animated series is best design for me), but its better than City. I still hate what they are trying to do with her hair.

kinda weird that arkham origins he was armored up a bit, arkham asylum, he was in some kind of sex outfit, arkham city, i think it was the same suit?, and now this new one looks more like a more robotic arkham origins one.

Who do people want to be the villain~?

Anyone but joker or bane.

Arkham Knight looks like he could be a good sub for owlman. Someone who can physically and mentally challenge batman. Bane takes this role traditionally, but owlman isn't as psychotic as he is, and I like to think he is better at keeping his emotions in check.

Game looks fantastic. Just hope it plays smoothly. Project beast and AK are vying for my number 1 hype spot right now.

looks good, not infamous SS or Killzone SF good, but it looks next gen enough that i dont have issues with it. and that batmobile is probably what i'm most excited for :)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm sure it will be great, but I always feel like they really miss the mark with the art direction in these games. I wish they would stop chasing realism and work toward a more stylized look. The closer to real you get with this sort of stuff the more absurd it appears.
The arkham games have always been stylized

Loakum

Banned
This new Harley looks way more psychotic in this new Batman, then the others. The other games she's just sexy...and crazy.

Loakum

Banned
This Harley looks more psychotic, because she seems to be in complete The Joker mode...(look at her face make-up)

Sn4ke_911

I like her alt outfit in Injustice.

dat smiley on her chest.

500px-HarleyQuinnInsurgency.jpg

Top Bottom