• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Maps Revealed (And The Rest Tomorrow)

Pennybags

BPK said:
How many maps will ship with the game?

Will DLC be free like with BC2?

9 with a possible "bonus" map.

First editions of the game net get 4 maps for free some time after release that are otherwise paid content.

However, we don't know whether this is done through an online pass system yet, do we?

Woo-Fu

Banned
BPK said:
How many maps will ship with the game?

THE COMPLETE BATTLEFIELD 3 MULTIPLAYER MAP LIST
(IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER)
Caspian Border / Level Designer: Diego Jimenez
Damavand Peak / Level Designer: Niklas Åstrand
Grand Bazaar / Level Designer: Niklas Åstrand
Kharg Island / Level Designer: Inge Jøran Holberg
Noshahar Canals / Level Designer: Niklas Åstrand
Operation Firestorm / Level Designer: Inge Jøran Holberg
Operation Métro / Level Designer: Inge Jøran Holberg
Seine Crossing / Level Designer: Diego Jimenez
Tehran Highway / Level Designer: Niklas Åstrand

BPK said:
Will DLC be free like with BC2?

Back to Karkand is touted as free to pre-orders which implies that it won't be free to anybody else. The price I see bandied about is $10. So I'd say that at least some of the DLC will not be free.

Woo-Fu

Banned
ReturnOfTheRAT said:
Available on October 21, 2011 at 7:00 AM (US/Pacific)

Nice, Amazon, nice.

I checked origin and direct2drive as well, all of them have 10/21 preload banners.

JJD said:
You're screwed Faceless. The new physics, the jumping animation, and if Operation Metro is any indication your out of bounds shenanigans are (unfortunately!) not gonna work on BF3!
:-(

I miss then on PS3 BC2!!!
yeah, less fun all around!

spk

I hope that applies to GMG as well. Their site is selling UK keys but the release date still says Oct 25.

So how will the Back to Karkand map pack work out on servers? Is it going to be like the BC2 Vietnam map pack where we have to switch the game over to it? If not how will the PC servers handle people without the map pack? In particular, how will gaf's server handle the map pack.

I really hate that map packs segregate the community.

desu

I H8 Memes said:
So how will the Back to Karkand map pack work out on servers? Is it going to be like the BC2 Vietnam map pack where we have to switch the game over to it? If not how will the PC servers handle people without the map pack? In particular, how will gaf's server handle the map pack.

I really hate that map packs segregate the community.

I would guess like bc2 vietnam addon. In battlelog you could select bf3 as game type, would assume you can select back to karkand as another game type later.

JJD

purple cobra said:
Towards the end of the video when the player is hiding in that empty trailer, is it just me or does the framerate seem to get a bit lower at that part?

You're judging a game framerate by a youtube trailer?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Oh man, this game looks pretty.

The problem is, once you're in the heat of the battle, it matters little how good a map looks, but rather how it plays. With the added spice that destruction brings, I hope the maps have been designed with balance in mind, with the aim to create epic battles rather than just epic screenshots.

I have the game pre-ordered anyway, but I hope the game plays as well as it looks in the final form (with hopefully squad management working properly!).

Nizz

JJD said:
You're judging a game framerate by a youtube trailer?
It just looked like at the certain spot I mentioned, that part didn't look as smooth as the other parts of the video. I know youtube's not the best way to judge framerate. Could just be bad video. I think the user just uploaded someone else's video.

Top Bottom