• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Destiny Site Launches - Lots of new footage and info

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
No, title is a bit misleading as there really isn't all that much "new" info. Mostly stuff we already know just in a better website.

Edit: Unless I'm missing some crucial part of the site that divulges a bunch of new information.

Edit2: Confirms the beta is coming in the summer but I think most had assumed that already.
Bummer. Thanks for the response tho!

GravyButt

Am i the only one with hardly zero interest for this game? I mean I loved their work with Halo, but for some reason im lacking complete interest. Granted I may be getting fed bad info from friends, but is it really like Borderlands?Those were fun games, but not really looking for another loot grinding type of game. But, yet again I maybe fed false info.

Ps: are there going to be big battles? Most screens ive seen are just a few enemies on screen at once.

ElRenoRaven

Am i the only one with hardly zero interest for this game? I mean I loved their work with Halo, but for some reason im lacking complete interest. Granted I may be getting fed bad info from friends, but is it really like Borderlands?Those were fun games, but not really looking for another loot grinding type of game. But, yet again I maybe fed false info.

Ps: are there going to be big battles? Most screens ive seen are just a few enemies on screen at once.

At this point nobody really knows. It does appear to be kind of borderlands like but of course with Bungie's twist. From what they've talked about and shown while getting gear is cool it doesn't seem like you're going to have to really do a lot of grinding unless you really want to. They've shown leveling of weapons at E3 and other cool stuff.

If you really want to know about it I'd watch their E3 demo. Here is a link to it

viveks86

ibcEeRC8xIxoHT.gif
ibuEUrXU0pe9qF.gif

iVbzTaWkfjV49.gif
iboFZmCLwu1laD.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Titan has a Falcon Knee attack. Is that also a glimpse of a new spaceship in the Titan video?

The green planet (Venus?) looks INCREDIBLE in the Hunter trailer.

RdN

I find it funny that the characters still walk the exact same way Master Chief did in Halo 2, back in 2004.

Anyway, I want them to announce the BETA release, specially since there's still an exclusive PS3/4 period, and I plan on picking it for the Xbone.

I find it funny that the characters still walk the exact same way Master Chief did in Halo 2, back in 2004.

Anyway, I want them to announce the BETA release, specially since there's still an exclusive PS3/4 period, and I plan on picking it for the Xbone.

Except they don't, they walk like the Reach spartans. Bungie redid all the animations in Reach.

Leb

In light of their supposed '10 year plan,' the fact that this is a cross-gen game is mighty disappointing.

Jolkien

In light of their supposed '10 year plan,' the fact that this is a cross-gen game is mighty disappointing.

They said down the line they will drop ps360 support. Can't look it up I'm on my cellphone at work at the moment.

Leb

The 10 year plan is for the franchise which will be 4 games. I highly doubt Destiny 2 will be on last gen consoles.

Ah. I thought this was going to be like WoW or something where it's the same game that they then iterate on with each new expansion pack.

I guess it's only disappointing for Destiny 1, then.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm holding off preordering because I just know that, as soon as I do, Bungie will announce the Collectors Edition.

However, I don't know how much longer I can last...

I'm holding off preordering because I just know that, as soon as I do, Bungie will announce the Collectors Edition.

I bet they'll probably announce that at E3 along with some type of PS4 bundle with a custom console and controller.

EDIT: E3 isn't that far away at all now. Sony's conference should be on June 9th, since EA's is on that day and the show floor opens on the 10th.

Go to Gamestop, pre-order, use beta code, switch to collectors edition when it's announced.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Go to Gamestop, pre-order, use beta code, switch to collectors edition when it's announced.

Don't live in the US, and refuse to shop at EB Games/GameStop unless I absolutely have to. Every other retailer in NZ does better pricing than EB Games.

As was brought up though, I will wait until E3 and see what news is announced there.

Pathos

Banned
Awesome, thanks guys. On my way to do that now. :p
If they don't send you a code after 1 day (that's what happened to me) just e-mail them, and they'll send you a new code. Then you can cancel it if you want.

OT: sweet, I'll have check it out when I have the time

Megasoum

Banned
Mouhaahahaha... Just did the Amazon trick and registered my beta code... Works with Amazon.ca too FYI. Time to cancel my pre-order!

AU Tiger

came with hopes of a change of heart for PC release. left with dreams crushed.

oh well... got plenty of other games I'll be playing once this is released. Maybe they'll make a completely not surprising E3 announcement or give us a PC release 6 months later.

Either way, I can't justify buying a new console just to play this game (which right now is the only next gen console game that truly has 100% of my interest)

Bsigg12

came with hopes of a change of heart for PC release. left with dreams crushed.

oh well... got plenty of other games I'll be playing once this is released. Maybe they'll make a completely not surprising E3 announcement or give us a PC release 6 months later.

Either way, I can't justify buying a new console just to play this game (which right now is the only next gen console game that truly has 100% of my interest)

It's on 360 and PS3 as well and Xbox One and PS4.

Orayn

[Idle animation GIFs]

I really like how cartoony these are in terms of proportions and animation. It kind of reminds me of The Clone Wars.

On a related note: Is it weird that I'm quietly hoping for this game to be rated T? The industry already has an abundance of doom and gloom, I want a more lighthearted, idealistic "HIGH ADVENTURE IN SPACE!" sort of game.

viveks86

<rant>

.. I really don't see the point of publishing a 720p video at 2Mbps. It really destroys image quality and must give loads of people a bad impression.

^^ things like that don't help you promote a game :-(

</rant>

Agreed. The sizzle reel quality is complete garbage. I think they went with that so that it plays smoothly on the background of the web page. Hope they release proper versions.

I really like how cartoony these are in terms of proportions and animation. It kind of reminds me of The Clone Wars.

On a related note: Is it weird that I'm quietly hoping for this game to be rated T? The industry already has an abundance of doom and gloom, I want a more lighthearted, idealistic "HIGH ADVENTURE IN SPACE!" sort of game.

Hmmm, I believe the original plan was for a T rated game, as per the leaked Activision contract. Don't know if things have changed since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom