• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Destiny Site Launches - Lots of new footage and info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vire

Damn Activision ain't playin' around with dat game budget...

Peter Dinklage of Game of Thrones
Giancarlo Esposito of Breaking Bad
Paul McCartney of The fucking Beatles

All involved with Destiny.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
ibcEeRC8xIxoHT.gif

i LOVE the art direction in this so so much. its absolutely beautiful. really hope the story and universe deliver. oh, the game too.

viveks86

Paul McCartney of THE FUCKING BEATLES

Oh wow. Didn't know Peter Dinklage was in it as well.

RoKKeR

Edit: ^^^ And that answers one of my questions!

Paul McCartney of The fucking Beatles

What is Dinklage doing in it? And are you sure Gustavo wasn't just a one-time deal for the Law of the Jungle trailer?

Has anyone managed to get a code from Amazon UK?

I preordered the game in January and just asked then for a code, but they said they don't have them yet.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Has anyone managed to get a code from Amazon UK?

I preordered the game in January and just asked then for a code, but they said they don't have them yet.

I believe they're planning to send them out in batches closer to beta launch. Feel free to PM me here if you don't get what you need, but I'm pretty sure they'll take care of you.

nynt9

Really wish this wasn't cross-gen. Can't help but think the sizes and density of areas would be affected by previous gen limitations.

Orayn

Really wish this wasn't cross-gen. Can't help but think the sizes and density of areas would be affected by previous gen limitations.

I think it was kind of unavoidable given how much Activision likes cross-gen and how long Bungie's had this on their back burner.

Obscured

Order on Amazon, then cancel. They still send you the beta code.

I'm kind of annoyed that there is no way to pre-order digitally. I know I'll be picking this up, in fact probably for both current gen consoles, and I would like to play the beta, but I'm going all digital and don't like that there isn't a way to get in without jumping through that admittedly low hoop.

Minor annoyance, but just doesn't seem like a difficult thing to figure out.

todd360

I'm kind of annoyed that there is no way to pre-order digitally. I know I'll be picking this up, in fact probably for both current gen consoles, and I would like to play the beta, but I'm going all digital and don't like that there isn't a way to get in without jumping through that admittedly low hoop.

Minor annoyance, but just doesn't seem like a difficult thing to figure out.

Why would you buy the xbox one version when your already buying the most likely superior ps4 version?

Also the hoop is so low you can walk over it. The amazon trick is easy.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Looks like the Fallen still have no idea what to do with their hands.
http://cdn.destinythegame.com/video/enemies_1080.webm

And the Traveler Spaceball is still the best piece of sci-fi art I've seen in a video game. Here's hoping that the game itself is worthy of its majesty (so I have a crush on a ball from outer space, sue me).

It bugs the heck out of me how in the first picture that thing is gigantic with just like, the bottom tip below the atmosphere while on the second pic it looks fully under the clouds which makes it look way smaller.

SnakeEyes

Banned
It bugs the heck out of me how in the first picture that thing is gigantic with just like, the bottom tip below the atmosphere while on the second pic it looks fully under the clouds which makes it look way smaller.
It hovers up and down Froggums. Maybe, one day, it drops down and squishes some people for fun :D

Obscured

Why would you buy the xbox one version when your already buying the most likely superior ps4 version?

Also the hoop is so low you can walk over it. The amazon trick is easy.

Different friend lists. It will also be interesting to contrast and compare the versions and see how that matches up with opinions here when the time comes, but that is just a bonus, not the reason.

Yeah, I know it's easy, just don't like that it has to be done at all. I feel like the industry should be more sophisticated about that kind of thing at this point.

Flipyap

You're right, it's not at all consistent. Exaggerated scale and not giving a damn as long as it looks cool seems to be the theme of Destiny.

For example, here's lil' Phobos, normally but a speck in the martian sky:
It's weird and kind of dumb, but it's hard to argue with how cool this looks.

Obscured

More sophistication would mean closing the loophole.

Exactly. Also making it so the loophole isn't needed.

Really, it is a minor annoyance and isn't specific to just this game so I'll quit derailing.

Glad to see some more info on the game, I know they love to milk that hype train, but the slow drip has been too slow and September is feeling far away. (Damn, that was supposed to sound more positive but comes off as more whining)

Please don't behead me.

But this game is going to be a lot like Warframe with a Halo type theme to it. Which is an awesome thing, don't get me wrong!

So what I'm saying is, if you really like Warframe, you're definitely going to like Destiny.

Well, it *is* magic, or at least advanced enough tech that it looks like magic. I wouldn't put changing size past it.

Orayn

Please don't behead me.

But this game is going to be a lot like Warframe with a Halo type theme to it. Which is an awesome thing, don't get me wrong!

So what I'm saying is, if you really like Warframe, you're definitely going to like Destiny.

I wouldn't call out Warframe specifically, but it'll definitely be drawing mostly from the same general milieu as Diablo, Borderlands, Guild Wars 1, Phantasy Star Online, Monster Hunter, etc.

rObit

Banned
Please don't behead me.

I'm cool with this so long as the gun play is actually rewarding, which I expect, seeing as it's Bungie. It's the one thing I think Warframe lacks.

viveks86

I see sliding.

Hell yeah. Very pleased to see sliding making a comeback to FPS games...

There is so much activity in the scene. Sliding, someone does a dash-jump, Shrikes speeding through the battle, someone setting up an electric charge under the devil walker, gunfire from all directions and weird bouncing balls (proximity mines/grenades?)!

KOHIPEET

Can't wait for the beta to start.

Also, is it just me or according to these gifs, the game looms better than back at E3?

N30RYU

Willing to see some direct feed PS4 footage... sorry but I don't believe in multigen games...

Until proven wrong... all media is just PC bullshit (even if isn't comming to PC).

UrbanRats

It was an April Fool's joke.

What kind of an April's Fool is that? Announcing something totally plausible? Not that i personally care, but it's just weird.

ibcEeRC8xIxoHT.gif

i LOVE the art direction in this so so much. its absolutely beautiful. really hope the story and universe deliver. oh, the game too.

That cloth physics looks really bad.

There's even a piece of cloak hanging in mid hair, at the bottom, like someone fucking up when dealing with the alpha channels or something.

viveks86

What kind of an April's Fool is that? Announcing something totally plausible? Not that i personally care, but it's just weird.

It doesn’t stop there. The Destiny “Get Your Ass to Mars” Collector’s Edition is as real as it gets – the ultimate in action and adventure – satisfying even the most hardcore appetites for the finest of gear. After regaining consciousness and use of their muscular system in our complimentary surgical recovery suite, players will fit themselves from head-to-toe with the armor necessary to keep them alive in the harsh, extreme conditions of outer space. Equipped with the latest in urine filtration technology, Bungie will ensure maximum hydration to help them reach their full potential in the wild frontier. In addition, players will be armed with experimental weaponry, and adorned with a fashionable cape and cloak combination befitting a Guardian of the last safe city.

Once they’re ready to head off-world in search of adventure, players are briefed and mentally prepared for a lengthy and psychologically devastating term of suspended animation, while engineers at Bungie work diligently to perfect, and lower the cost of interplanetary travel over the course of several brief, but uneventful decades of icy slumber.
http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Ultimate-Collectors-Experience/en/News/News?aid=11464

Yup. Totally plausible.

Orayn

Willing to see some direct feed PS4 footage... sorry but I don't believe in multigen games...

Until proven wrong... all media is just PC bullshit.

DF says E3 demo was running on a PS4 devkit at 1080p30, with a pretty nice looking post-processing AA method and few to no framerate drops.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-destiny-tech-analysis

But yeah, we haven't seen a lot of new direct feed console footage since then, and there have been a good number of heavily downsampled screenshots from their PC dev environment or *maybe* a tiling screenshot method like Halo 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom