• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Destiny Site Launches - Lots of new footage and info

Status
Not open for further replies.
besides being made by Bungie, why is this game getting so many people hyped?

all these gifs do nothing for me.
I kinda feel the same. I also would have liked a bit more personality. It still gives a huge Halo vibe in sound, animation, etc (but maybe that's exactly why people like it).
I like the general art-direction but i'm not yet convinced this game will be very exciting for me. Might change though.

So...I preordered in June of last year, double checked my inbox and I never received a beta code. Think I should contact Amazon or wait and see if one arrives?

I6nsGJa.png

Madness

Well that is perhaps the main reason, it's being made by Bungie. It's like saying why should people be hyped for a new Rockstar, Valve, Naughty Dog game.

Additionally, because it's their first game since 2010, and the first non-Halo game they've made in almost 14 years.

What gets people hyped is that this is something Jason Jones has been wanting to make for a while, while it is a first person shooter, it incorporates many new things such as supposedly massive and varied locales, some sort of hub, an all new story, social interaction on a larger scale with fireteams and public events.

From a PvP perspective, I'm a bit wary of the use of ADS gameplay and how classes and upgradeable weapons will impact things like equal starts. But every gamer should be excited about a great developer creating a new IP/experience.

Ishan

i was lukewarm on this game . But more and more I'm interested because

1) the music sounds awesome
2) bungie
3) story seems drawn out enough that it should end up having decent lore
4) given the backing it has without being in your face so far makes me think there could be something worthwhile brewing

4 will probably be negated with the media blitz thats bound to come soon.

PS not a fps fan on consoles but so many ppl swear by halo/bungie im tempted to give it a shot as the first console fps ill spend significant time with. (Playstation gamer so again I'm sure thats a factor ... and I'm pretty sure Bungie knows that ... given how theyre trying to see to the playstation crowd so much for this.)

GlamFM

Banned
thanks for the beta code GAF!

why not preorder at amazon, grab the code, cancel preorder, buy game digital?

I´ll do that, thanks.

EDIT: Pre-Ordered. So far I only god a confirmation mail without a Beta Code.

Should I have gotten one right away?

p3tran

Banned
I just preordered on amazon.uk for ps4.
I got the email that says that my order is done.
when do I receive the beta key?

NeoRausch

hmm... just checked mine. preoder confirmation came at 9:56 and beta code also came at 9:56.

maybe check your spam? mine wasn't there but you never know.

edit:
preordered at amazon.de.

Flipyap

Personally, I've been jonesing for an open world game that doesn't run out of stuff to do or become repetitive. I want an action game I could return to and get into AI combat scenarios I couldn't predict, but the ones I could play right now are either held back by linear campaigns, small arena maps or limited variation in open world settings.
Destiny should be the exact thing I need, unless I completely misunderstood what this game is about... which is possible, because information about this game is being delivered in tiniest possible bits every few months, through a combination of smoke signals and secret handshakes.

viveks86

It seems to come within a few minutes in the US. But someone else had issues with Amazon UK, and this was the response he got:

I believe they're planning to send them out in batches closer to beta launch. Feel free to PM me here if you don't get what you need, but I'm pretty sure they'll take care of you.

broony

While people are getting beta codes, make sure that when you go to redeem your beta code here :

http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

Also enter the following codes. These codes were distributed on collectors cards at the trade shows last year and are supposed to unlock some in game content once the game launches:

Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9
Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A
Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH
Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY
Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K
Hive: 473-MXR-3X9
Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3
Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC
Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA
The Tower: 69P-VCH-337
The Hive, Ogre: 69R-CKD-X7L
Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP
The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG
Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A
Caval: 69X-DJN-74V
Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7
Vex: 6A9-DTG-YGN

People in the UK who have preordered and have not received a beta code can just pre order on Amazon.com with their Amazon.co.uk login details, get a code within 5 minutes, then cancel on amazon.com.

With any beta code, you can redeem it for any platform. so pre order the 360 version, redeem the code on Bungie's site, and then when the beta is properly announced, you can then select which platform to get the actual download code for, so get a PS4 download code for example.

If people have not been keeping up with the details of the game this is the best summary video around. Its long but covers a lot.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQFmob-vsM

Lord Phol

:'(. This game makes me so sad. I want to play it so badly, but with a baby on the way, Marvel Heroes and my gaming backlog there's just not enough time nor money for me to dedicate to this game. It looks incredible though, makes me wish I was a teen again (or rich).

genbatzu

thanks for the codes!

amazon.com sent me a bunch of destiny wallpapers to my order:

1. Droid 2/X (480 x 854 pixels): link
2. Droid X2 (540 x 960 pixels): link
3. Galaxy (480 x 800 pixels): link
4. iPad (2048 x 1536 pixels): link
5. iPad (2048 x 2048 pixels): link
6. iPad mini horizontal (1024 x 768 pixels): link
7. iPad mini vertical (1024 x 768 pixels): link
8. iPad mini (1024 x 1024 pixels): link
9. iPhone 4/4S (640 x 960 pixels): link
10. iPhone 5 (1136 x 640 pixels): link
11: PC (1920 x 1200 pixels): link

Fedele

Game is looking good, one of my most anticipated ones for this gen! :)

I just realized I cannot go to Bungie and redeem my beta code as I don't know if I'll be using the same PSN account in a couple months time.

I'm living in Ireland right now but I'll be moving to an American country pretty soon. As Sony doesn't allow me to change regions and I don't want to miss upcoming DLCs (which are all region locked, and I'll be buying NTSC games once I move, of course), I might have to create a new PSN account soon.

It would be nice to be able to create threads so to bring this silly region-lock issue for discussion. A quick Google search returned a surprising amount of people in the same situation, unfortunately.

KeRaSh

Has anyone managed to get a code from Amazon UK?

I preordered the game in January and just asked then for a code, but they said they don't have them yet.

I got my Beta code from Amazon.uk ages ago. You should ask them again or pre order from another region and cancel just to be safe.

While people are getting beta codes, make sure that when you go to redeem your beta code here :

http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

Also enter the following codes. These codes were distributed on collectors cards at the trade shows last year and are supposed to unlock some in game content once the game launches:

Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9
Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A
Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH
Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY
Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K
Hive: 473-MXR-3X9
Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3
Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC
Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA
The Tower: 69P-VCH-337
The Hive, Ogre: 69R-CKD-X7L
Valley of the kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP
The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG
Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A
Caval: 69X-DJN-74V
Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7
Vex: 6A9-DTG-YGN

People in the UK who have preordered and have not received a beta code can just pre order on Amazon.com with their Amazon.co.uk login details, get a code within 5 minutes, then cancel on amazon.com.

With any beta code, you can redeem it for any platform. so pre order the 360 version, redeem the code on Bungie's site, and then when the beta is properly announced, you can then select which platform to get the actual download code for, so get a PS4 download code for example.

If people have not been keeping up with the details of the game this is the best summary video around. Its long but covers a lot.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQFmob-vsM
Awesome thanks!

genbatzu

Game is looking good, one of my most anticipated ones for this gen! :)

I just realized I cannot go to Bungie and redeem my beta code as I don't know if I'll be using the same PSN account in a couple months time.

I'm living in Ireland right now but I'll be moving to an American country pretty soon. As Sony doesn't allow me to change regions and I don't want to miss upcoming DLCs (which are all region locked, and I'll be buying NTSC games once I move, of course), I might have to create a new PSN account soon.

It would be nice to be able to create threads so to bring this silly region-lock issue for discussion. A quick Google search returned a surprising amount of people in the same situation, unfortunately.

I'm in the exact same situtation as you are, moved from germany to austria in 2010, but I didn't wanted to abandon my PSN DE account, because of all the purchases (and trophies...yes...).

Currently I have PSN US, AT and DE accounts to purchase stuff (AT if I really want something in german, but uncensored, DE is often censored... US to buy cheap, since it's everytime 30-50% cheaper to by games in USD)
I play all my purchases on my DE account, though. So it shouldn't be a problem to keep your IE account and purchase stuff on a new US account, to play on IE Account. Just be sure to get your DLC from the same store you bought the main game ;P
Alternatively buy PSN Cards for your IE account from Amazon. I'm pretty sure Sony is loosing money, since they have to give Amazon some money, but if they don't want us to be able to change our country, it's there fault I can't use my credit card directly on their store...

broony

I am not saying they won't be a PC version eventually, but I would not expect it anytime this year. All of the networking has been built based on the PSN / Live architecture. For a PC version to work, they would have to basically create their own equivalent architecture and host it all themselves.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Is coming in these threads and wishing for a PC version not considered port-begging because there sure are a lot of people doing it!

deleted

http://documents.latimes.com/bungie-activision-contract/

Check Page 2, but it says that PC is only from Destiny 2 and onwards. But then again, the contract mentions no PS4 version for Destiny 1 and that's obviously changed, so things might be different today but the original contract says PC.

So that is a 2 years wait at worst probably? There was some rumor because the title showed up on a Nvidia presentation, but I guess the earliest we will hear about a PC version (if there is one) is after the release of the title. Or we will never get a clear statement and only hints for and against like with GTAV.

I like what I see, but I don't know if I'll have a PS4 by then and I won't touch this title on the old generation...

JaggedSac

Thanks guys, just ordered from Amazon, got the code, and then cancelled the pre-order. They force my hands when they dont do these things for digital buyers.

bee

Is coming in these threads and wishing for a PC version not considered port-begging because there sure are a lot of people doing it!

go into any thread where the game isn't coming to ps4, say grid autosport as an example and see just how many times ps4 is mentioned, no difference

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Game looks delicious. I'm still undecided which platform to play it on.

Well what platforms do you have? It's not on PC so I would say PS4 will be the obvious choice. PS4>XBO>360>PS3 as far as Destiny goes I would assume.

I have all platforms so easy choice is PS4 for me. But I assume you also have friends to take into account.

KoopaTheCasual

Man, that those class breakdown videos actually got me pretty hyped. But please oh please, can someone find out if there will be an interchangeable 3rd person camera? I see it teased in a lot of these promo vids, and I know the camera pulls back when the Warlock executes his special attack, but is there any way to gain that perspective outside of the town lobbies and special attacks?
I see sliding.

Hell yeah. Very pleased to see sliding making a comeback to FPS games...
I wonder if that's actually a class specific mechanic. I've only seen hunters able to perform that move. If that's the case, that gives me a lot of hope that each class controls differently on a fundamental level, and not just stats and specials.

broony

Man, that those class breakdown videos actually got me pretty hyped. But please oh please, can someone find out if there will be an interchangeable 3rd person camera? I see it teased in a lot of these promo vids, and I know the camera pulls back when the Warlock executes his special attack, but is there any way to gain that perspective outside of the town lobbies and special attacks?

I wonder if that's actually a class specific mechanic. I've only seen hunters able to perform that move. If that's the case, that gives me a lot of hope that each class controls differently on a fundamental level, and not just stats and specials.

For your first question; third person camera is available in the city (safe area / home base) and as you say in certain combat moves and supers.

Secondly each Guardian can pick a special movement mode. So you have things like double jump, glide (hover), blink (short teleport), but I think the slide is available to all in addition to your movement perk, I am guessing is something like crouch + sprint (*edit* it is)

Atsumi

Have they mentioned whether or not a character would be cross-platform? I'm sure not, but that would be pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom