• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Eminem album rumored to arrive 11/17.

Erv

It would be nice to hear that Marshall Mathers lp flow. Either that era or the Eminem show era is when he rode the beat the best

It would be nice to hear that Marshall Mathers lp flow. Either that era or the Eminem show era is when he rode the beat the best

yeah this thing where he tries to fit like 4 bars into one is my least fave part about him nowadays.

Sad people complained too much about the accents because say what you will about Relapse but it was the last time he rode beats properly.

Yo I hear Detox is about to drop soon

About a 65-70% complete Detox has been around for awhile if you know where to look for it. It is crazy to think Dre, Jay, Snoop and Nas were going to be on the same album. I couldn't imagine that during the E V W days.

Classic Em would slap the taste out of modern Em's mouth if he heard the crap he's been producing.

Styles change, people grow up and mature. Em is living a different life now that he is clean and not pistol whipping people.

Erv

Yeah EM is still putting the effort in it's obvious. It's just that you can't replicate that same hunger. There's no way. It's impossible

Oddduck

How many times will Trump be namedropped you think?

I'm sure many times.

He's been going after Trump lately in random songs and concert events.

On Sunday (Aug. 27), the "Stan" rapper shared his distaste for 45 before a sea of fans during his festival performance in Leeds, England. "I don't want to cause any controversy, so I won't say no names," Em started off his rant. "But, this motherf*cker Donald Trump I can't stand."

The Shady Records CEO then proceeded to lead the screaming crowd into a "F*ck Trump" chant, just before performing his track "White America," off of 2002's The Eminem Show album. Em's denouncing of the president seems to be a recurring theme during his sets, with his latest antics coming just three days after he wore a "FACK TRUMP" T-shirt during his concert at Glasgow's Bellahouston Park in Scotland.

Earlier this month, the rapper released "No Favors," in which he aired his greviances with the president. "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando/ Your man don't want it, Trump's a b**** I'll make his whole brand go under," Em raps on the impassioned track that touches on issues like police brutality, the Flint water crisis, racism in America.

Awesome, more Em is always welcomed. Though I wasn't a huge fan of MMLP2, I'm excited to see what his next project is with Trump in office. Should be good fun.

Cagey

Banned
About a 65-70% complete Detox has been around for awhile if you know where to look for it. It is crazy to think Dre, Jay, Snoop and Nas were going to be on the same album. I couldn't imagine that during the E V W days.

Styles change, people grow up and mature. Em is living a different life now that he is clean and not pistol whipping people.
His flow becoming less enjoyable from a listening standpoint isn't a sign of maturation.

The Ummah

Banned
Hoping for no singles with singing on the chorus. I mean, older Em is here and it's never going to be vintage Em again...but please. No corny songs!

I am looking forward to listening to which direction he will take this time though.

ShadyK54

I can only hope. Been itching for a new album for awhile, tbh.

MMLP2 coming out 4 years ago is crazy, though. Time flies.

Yeah EM is still putting the effort in it's obvious. It's just that you can't replicate that same hunger. There's no way. It's impossible

Yup. Just gonna enjoy whatever we get.

As long as working on his own album keeps him away from the Griselda guys, I'm okay with that.

Don't want Conway's GOAT or their other releases to be infested with shitty Eminem production/verses.

TraBuch

Banned
He's gonna drop a shitty Just Lose It type single, but will be mocking Trump instead of Michael Jackson and everyone will love it. Calling it now.

Eminem, Jay-Z, Snoop, Kanye and all these ageing legends dropping albums in their 30's and 40's I mean I'm okay with it, but it seems like rappers really put out their best stuff when they are on the "rise" and once they "make it" their motivation and material just drop off. Generally that happens once they hit 30 years old. Kendrick Lamar probably has one really good album left in him before his downward slope begins. I'm not saying aging rappers shouldn't continue releasing albums for their fans, but at the same time we all should know never to expect them to return to their former glory because that will never happen.

Some food for thought though, are Tupac and Biggie are remembered as the best rappers of all time because unlike Eminim, Jay-Z, Snoop, et all we never got to hear their later work? I wonder if releasing sub par late career albums is harming legacies of current >30y/o rappers by diluting their discography

ZeoVGM

Banned
That he hasn’t made a good album since 2004 would probably be a good reason.

There are levels between "amazing" and "crap," you know.

Recovery and MMLP2 are good albums. Not amazing, certainly not terrible. (And both are certainly better than Encore, which was the 2004 album you're referring to.)

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
As long as he stays away from the excessive accent usage he did in Relapse, I'm on-board. I mean, I didn't even dislike Relapse overall, I just felt most of the songs would have been better with less use of the accent.

Kind of crazy to think we went five years between Encore and Relapse, but Relapse, Recovery, and MMLP2 all came out within four years of each other. Now we're on another four year break before Eminem 9 drops.
Well not to get all factual, but...there was random features and Curtain Call greatest hits inbetween Encore and Relapse. And inbetween MMLP2 and now he has released a compilation album and a soundtrack.
Last good album was Relapse.
Yeah, that's right. Relapse was great. Not as good as SSLP and MMLP obviously, but still awesome.

Anyway, I really wish his production choices didn't go to shit. I need some Dre beats, Paul and Steve Berman skits, and no more weird-sounding yelling either.
Oh you mean relapse where half the songs were about raping and killing people!!
Eminem, Jay-Z, Snoop, Kanye and all these ageing legends dropping albums in their 30's and 40's I mean I'm okay with it, but it seems like rappers really put out their best stuff when they are on the "rise" and once they "make it" their motivation and material just drop off. Generally that happens once they hit 30 years old. Kendrick Lamar probably has one really good album left in him before his downward slope begins. I'm not saying aging rappers shouldn't continue releasing albums for their fans, but at the same time we all should know never to expect them to return to their former glory because that will never happen.

Some food for thought though, are Tupac and Biggie are remembered as the best rappers of all time because unlike Eminim, Jay-Z, Snoop, et all we never got to hear their later work? I wonder if releasing sub par late career albums is harming legacies of current >30y/o rappers by diluting their discography
That’s definitely it. Nirvana is also remembered so fondly because of so few albums.

TraBuch

Banned
Oh you mean relapse where half the songs were about raping and killing people!!

To be fair, Relapse is basically a mainstream horrorcore album where he's playing a deranged serial killer. You don't shit on Anthony Hopkins because he played a cannibal, do you?

ZeoVGM

Banned
To be fair, Relapse is basically a mainstream horrorcore album where he's playing a deranged serial killer. You don't shit on Anthony Hopkins because he played a cannibal, do you?

No, it's a bad album because it's bad. Not because it's "horrorcore."

Anthony Hopkins plays a cannibal and plays it very well in Red Dragon. Doesn't mean it's not a mediocre movie.

Eminem cannot choose good production.
It's physically impossible.
This post is some hot trash.
Hot truth.
4:44 was a good album.
Okay, now give Eminem 4:44 talent.
Bring in No I.D.

The Eminem Show is easily my favorite album from him.
Doesn't compare to MMLP.
Listened to them both two days ago and it's such a downgrade, there's also a massive issue when I can listen to the first half of Kingdom Come by Jay and then compare it to the first half of The Eminem Show and see them as being close in quality, when that album is supposedly supposed to be his greatest.
People still like Jay
Who was always better than Eminem and actually made quality post 2004.
American Gangster is top tier, constant incredible features and loosie tracks, Blueprint 3 which had quality rapping/writing (check out the last verse of Empire State and check out Venus vs Mars and actually non-grating pop hits/bangers unlike Eminem's attempts at them.
Not to mention Watch The Throne which has some of the best verses Jay's written and shoes serious lyrical growth.

Eminem is one of the few rappers from my childhood/teenage years I haven't had the opportunity to see live. Hoping this album gets him to do a tour

Oddduck

What exactly was wrong with the production on Relapse?

I get that the 'horrorcore' concept of the album won't appeal to everyone. And I get that the accent might be a turn off.

But unlike Recovery and MMLP2, Relapse's production was handled mostly by Dr. Dre.

Realeza

Banned
People hate Eminem online because he's the most successful and recognizable rapper of all time. And he's white in a black genre. It's funny the internet "rapheads" try to give him shit, when the actual hip-hop community acknowledges him as a GOAT.

People hate Eminem online because he's the most successful and recognizable rapper of all time. And he's white in a black genre. It's funny the internet "rapheads" try to give him shit, when the actual hip-hop community acknowledges him as a GOAT.
Nah.

PixelatedBookake

Call me crazy, but maybe people online don't like (I don't know about HATE) Eminem because they don't like his music anymore. I know, crazy right?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
wonder how fans are gonna react when post drops a better album. Rockstar best song this year.
Eh it ain’t XO Tour Life. And Stoney is just okay so I’ll be surprised if his album is good, but it will probably be better than M&M.

TraBuch

Banned
No, it's a bad album because it's bad. Not because it's "horrorcore."

Anthony Hopkins plays a cannibal and plays it very well in Red Dragon. Doesn't mean it's not a mediocre movie.
Ok? Not sure what that has to do with what I said. I personally think it's a fine album, but nothing I said had anything to do with the quality of it.

What exactly was wrong with the production on Relapse?

I get that the 'horrorcore' concept of the album won't appeal to everyone. And I get that the accent might be a turn off.

But unlike Recovery and MMLP2, Relapse's production was handled mostly by Dr. Dre.
The production on Relapse is great, unfortunately he's been leaning more towards Recovery and MMLP 2 production which, while not bad, don't fit him.

HiiiLife

Eh it ain’t XO Tour Life. And Stoney is just okay so I’ll be surprised if his album is good, but it will probably be better than M&M.

I keep forgetting that song came this year. It was a boring album with an otherwise great song. I can definitely see Posts new attempt getting more spins, especially with those snippets of the Kanye /biebz track floating around on YouTube.

Well as always the internet masterminds know more than the ones who are actually masters of the craft. Kendrick is the modern GOAT and I'm pretty sure he said Eminem is the GOAT so yea...

Top Bottom