• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Eminem album rumored to arrive 11/17.

Oddduck

Eminem cannot choose good production.
It's physically impossible.

The production on Relapse is great, unfortunately he's been leaning more towards Recovery and MMLP 2 production which, while not bad, don't fit him.

Eminem created magic when he worked with The Bass Brothers. (Examples: Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show, 8 Mile soundtrack)

Jeff Bass co-wrote and produced 'Lose Yourself' for the film 8 Mile. The song won an Oscar at the Academy Awards.

Eminem hasn't worked with The Bass Brothers in years. In my opinion, that's the problem.

I think the last time he worked with them was...the song Beautiful? And that was the only song on Relapse without the accent (and without any yelling).

People hate Eminem online because he's the most successful and recognizable rapper of all time. And he's white in a black genre. It's funny the internet "rapheads" try to give him shit, when the actual hip-hop community acknowledges him as a GOAT.

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around actually, in most parts of the internet anyway

Well as always the internet masterminds know more than the ones who are actually masters of the craft. Kendrick is the modern GOAT and I'm pretty sure he said Eminem is the GOAT so yea...
He's said Jay is the GOAT, and he's his favorite rapper besides Pac, so no.
And anyways his opinion isn't law on anything nor is he the annointed best, no one is.
Oh and Kendrick's a far better lyricist than Eminem as well.

TraBuch

Banned
Eminem created magic when he worked with The Bass Brothers. (Examples: Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show, 8 Mile soundtrack)

Jeff Bass co-wrote and produced 'Lose Yourself' for the film 8 Mile.

Eminem hasn't worked with The Bass Brothers in years. In my opinion, that's the problem.

I think the last time he worked with them was...the song Beautiful? And that was only song on Relapse without the accent (and without any yelling).
Deja Vu also had no accent. He hasn't made a song as good as Deja Vu since.

Crazyorloco

Eminem cannot choose good production.
It's physically impossible.

Hot truth.

Okay, now give Eminem 4:44 talent.

Doesn't compare to MMLP.
Listened to them both two days ago and it's such a downgrade, there's also a massive issue when I can listen to the first half of Kingdom Come by Jay and then compare it to the first half of The Eminem Show and see them as being close in quality, when that album is supposedly supposed to be his greatest.

Who was always better than Eminem and actually made quality post 2004.
American Gangster is top tier, constant incredible features and loosie tracks, Blueprint 3 which had quality rapping/writing (check out the last verse of Empire State and check out Venus vs Mars and actually non-grating pop hits/bangers unlike Eminem's attempts at them.
Not to mention Watch The Throne which has some of the best verses Jay's written and shoes serious lyrical growth.

Yeah production is lacking in many Eminem songs. And I feel like he mostly excels nowadays when he's a featured artist on the song. I'm hoping for some good stuff from his next album. Jay-Z has great production on his songs. I do prefer eminem's flow and the intensity he brings in songs more though. I work out to his music.

Indelible

I will always give a new Eminem album a listen, his last few albums haven't come close to any of his early work but I still get enjoyment out his flow and sense of humor.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I have the biggest soft sport for Eminem. He (and Dr. Dre) was the first rapper that I actually started paying attention to in high school with Forgot About Dre.

Sure, none of his recent work has been nearly as good as some of the stuff he's done in his prime (Forgot About Dre, Stan, The Way I Am, Lose Yourself, Without Me, etc.), but that one song he did with Rihanna still had some really good and unique instrumentation typical of Eminem's style.

I eagerly await to hear this new album.

Kronotech

With no announcements and no single released by now, I would be happily surprised if he dropped an album this year. I mean maybe this is his way of trying to stop a leak from happening?

He's said Jay is the GOAT, and he's his favorite rapper besides Pac, so no.
And anyways his opinion isn't law on anything nor is he the annointed best, no one is.
Oh and Kendrick's a far better lyricist than Eminem as well.

Red man is his favourite rapper

I’d be interested in listening to an exclusively produced Mr. Porter em album. As others have stated he needs to get back in the studio with the bass brothers

cromofo

Always gonna give a listen to one of the greatest to ever do it.

Am I the only one who enjoyed Relapse? It was weirdly awesome. Certainly liked it better than Recovery

Do your own hooks please, no sappy bitches. Elevator is still my favourite Eminem chorus

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'm a bit out of the loop, but does Dr. Dre still make Eminem's beats?

Also, holy shit the dude is 50 years old. D: I still picture him as the same dude in his 20s that I did back in high school.

ShadyK54

Eminem is supposed to appear in a cypher during the BET Awards tonight. Excited to see that

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/10/eminem-verse-bet-hip-hop-awards/

tenor.gif

Way to bury the lede.

That's the point isn't it. Even if someone like Tyler the Creator can stop using the word, why can't a 50-year old man?

Hip-hop is in such a place now where one of its most popular underground groups has a gay frontman who raps about giving his boyfriend head, where it's most popular R&B/rap/pop/whatever the hell we wants to be singer is bisexual, where Young Thug can rock a dress on a cover and still be acclaimed as a GOAT in the making.

Why does Em keep getting a pass when literally every other artist is moving past using the word as a slur?
bury the lede?

also, Em clearly doesn't get a pass for it, every time he comes out with a record saying 'fag' it gets controversial. that happened with the rap god song 4 years ago.

Top Bottom