• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV cam videos - Luminous Studio tools/tech + Open world exploration

That would be such an interesting interpretation of his role. Cid as the jester with a touch for strategy or science would be really cool.
Cid has always been into science. I mean, the entire schtick behind Cid has been airships. And in some games he's been a strategist.

NateDog

Give me Matt Mercer for Noctis, he is increasingly growing on my "pretty cool guy who I'd like to hear in a lead role more often" list, though I can't claim to know his full range. Can he pull off a semi-introvert bro-prince? I like to think so. Quentin Flynn has to be red-hair now that we know his Japanese actor
and I vaguely rember Nomura saying he likes to cast this character in different universes, or something like that

Ugh please no. I used to love Quinton but he was dire in his last two Metal Gear appearances and doesn't really have any range.
I think he'll just be a jester/joker type of character.

Powerful and independent ,he simply enjoys toying with everyone and watching things go to hell from behind the scenes.
I definitely agree with the latter but not so much of the former, I think he'll be a pretty important character although he might not actually appear much. I love his design and his manner though even though we've only seen him once and heard him once.

Mar Nosso

Banned
Here's a super simplified bullet point lists for FFXV at its current stage.

- Story revolves around 4-5 male friends on a road trip kind of adventure and some touches of crystal, political intrigue, human themes and conflict. Potential rivalry between Noctis and Stella.

- Based on FNC mythology, but actual plot is largely its own thing, as Tabata seem to excluded the use of key terms like l'cie.

- Gameplay is revolved around protagonist Noctis, who has access to various types of weapons like swords, spears, daggers, pilebunkers, axes and more. There's a basic attack button, a skill button that uses an unique technique attached to each main weapon that you can freely switch during mid-battle, a block/evade button, jump button, warp and more. Basic combo is made by holding or pressing, and weapon selected are based on weapon deck set by yourself in menu. It adapts based on your setting. Noctis also has an ability to use weapons as his shield and perhaps more called the Armiger.

- Because it's a FF title, some sense of group play is still important to have. There exists a Gambit-like system that allow us to customize party A.I. In addition, Noctis can perform group attacks that can evolve into tandem attacks, that are chain of simple group attack.

- Magic and Summons are in. Magic is now affected by time and space, for example, using a fire spell on a clear day can amplify its effect and potentially burn friendly unit, but also causes fear on enemies.

- Ability to interact/climb onto monsters. We haven't seen this in full gameplay reveal yet, but basically we can climb onto larger targets to attack their weak spots.

- Large, explorable world that set based on a mixture of contemporary and fantasy setting. 5 large cities with shops and hotels, plus other towns and settlements.

- Transports such as cars, chocobo and more are in. Magitek Armor as well as airship are not confirmed fully controllable yet.

- Dungeons as optional areas to fight challenging enemies and acquire strong items/rewards.

- Plenty of mini-games, including fishing.

- Destructible environment

- Day/Night cycle, more terrifying monsters roam the ground at night, which is really dark.

- Music by Yoko Shimomura.

- Character design by Tetsuya Nomura, Monster design by Yoshitaka Amano/

- Demo comes on March 2015, takes place in Duscae region, which is said to be less than 10% of the entire globe. Uses Luminous Engine 1.5 (final game is at 2.0 version)

These are the basic gist. There are a lot more of other details that I've left out.

Great summary man! Thank you very much.

I'm glad they dropped terms like l'Cie so specific to FF XIII. They're a reminder of a lesser FF and honestly, annoying as hell.

A rivalry between characters that are assumed to be potential lovers is quite interesting too.

Everything else sounds fun and my hype has risen for this game!

Regarding the hooded figure, we already know what his powers will be, since I doubt it has changed much.

neoerp.gif

From what we saw earlier of him, he is almost certainly not the main villain.

Thats Stella under the hood.

SPAW

This checklist makes me unreasonably excited about the game

It's really coming, isn't it. It's really happening.

Motherfucking Final Fantasy XV.

The checklist of gods, smeared with the blood of Nomura, bound by the flesh of Tabata, written by the crippled hands of Shimomura and Nojima, all in the memory of the figure that still lies asleep in the fantasy.

Go_Ly_Dow

it will be one of these :) Added my own theories

mqs5oukpik_sack1.png

Official antagonist, who will start war with Lucis, to gain the crystal. He is like the shinra President in FF7. Maybe get killed by the true antagonist ?

mqs5oukpik_sack3.jpg
mqs5oukpik_tg08mdx.jpg

Brother of King Lucis. Cmon Guys, we all know he is going to betray his brother, because he was always jealous of him (why didnt i become the king :( i was the black sheep in the family)

mqs5oukpik_sacko.jpg

The mysterious Guy in his assasins costume. He will always talk about the gods and the prophecies. Maybe he is a God?

mqs5oukpik_sack2.png

Dont know. He just looks grumpy...^^

could be none of those.

there was once a quote at the end of a old Versus XIII trailer

something like "The true figure lies hidden in the sleep"

Famassu

The bottom most person is either the king or some general of Nilfheim, isn't he? We see him walking in front of some troops in the E3 2013 trailer looking important & grumpy. Seems like he's the one leading the attacks against the other kingdoms.

And I've gotten the impression that the top-most grandpa is someone who is leading a coup against Noctis' family from inside Lucis. Kind of a rival yakuza leader type of deal who has decided it's time for some other family to rule Lucis after the Caelum family has been in power for so long.

Famassu

So wait, the cities are fully explorable?
Should be. This is how Nomura described Lucis in the past

You can also make use of the buildings that line the road. The emergency stairwells of the buildings can can be entered and climbed to get to the roof, with Noctis pulling himself up to the very top via the air conditioner. Nomura was actually surprised to find this area when test playing the game.
http://andriasang.com/comtqu/nomura_ffxvxiii_famitsu/

Not sure if they've saved the emergency stairwells, but the cities should still be pretty freely explorable.

Should be. This is how Nomura described Lucis in the past

http://andriasang.com/comtqu/nomura_ffxvxiii_famitsu/

Not sure if they've saved the emergency stairwells, but the cities should still be pretty freely explorable.

I don't think the cities themselves will be fully explorable

Look at any cities shown so far, they are huge (I mean huuuuuuuge)

They said you can't enter every building as well, that'll probably apply to cities too.

However, if we'll be able to walk everywhere in a city remains to be seen (I highly highly doubt we can, because, as I said, they are huge, to make enough content for the whole city would be absurd).

Bu yeah, cities are the next thing I hope they show us, I'm extremely curious.

Top Bottom