• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'New Jack' in 24: Legacy reboot is straight outta Compton actor Corey Hawkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

corey-hawkins.jpg

Corey Hawkins is about to experience the day from hell.

The Straight Outta Compton actor — who’s currently recurring on The Walking Dead as Heath — has landed the starring role in 24: Legacy, Fox’s in-the-works reboot of the seminal real-time thriller.

Hawkins will portray Eric Carter, a strong and smart former Army Ranger who finds himself pulled back into action as his past comes looking for him. He eventually turns to CTU for help in saving his life and stopping what potentially could be one of the largest-scale terror attacks on American soil.
More: http://tvline.com/2016/01/25/24-legacy-corey-hawkins-fox-cast/

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Bring it on. 24 was becoming way too much of a parody of itself and Jack. Fresh face, fresh story. I'm excited.

Foggy

Huh, for some reason I thought they would stick with someone more seasoned. Maybe not Kiefer's age, but certainly older than mid 20's. I have my doubts but I'll still give it a fair shake.

Cardon

Nice casting choice. While I'm bummed that we won't see Jack or even Tony anymore, at least for now, as long as this new version of 24 retains the same DNA of the old series I'll be happy with it.

The Cowboy

Not really sure on him tbh, I liked jack as he looked someone who had been through shit and was a grisseled veteran on dealing with shit when it hits the fan - this new one is a bit to CW pretty boy good looking for me.

In saying that, more 24 so will watch.

SpaceWolf

Banned
But will Chloe still be around to sourly hack computers whilst having to inevitably fire a gun in self defence at some point each series, that's what I want to know.

Interfectum

The Counter Terrorism Unit is pretty much all about terrorism. Now I guess you could have Jack start work with The National Weather Service.

You don't even need CTU.

I'm talking about the basic concept of a show happening in real time during a moment of crisis. Just sucks that wagon is forever hitched to terrorist attacks on US soil.

Blader

The writers have elevated the stakes way too highly now to ever go back to a grounded show that uses the real-time format actually realistically -- and everytime they say they're going to do it, they just end up raising the ante all over again.

Im still disappointed they didn't have Yvonne Strahovski as the main character for this new one but I'm sure this new dude will be good.

How well can he say "holster your weapon" and "dammit ______"?

Semajer

I hope they don't completely cut out people from past seasons. I liked Kate and hope she, Jack, and Tony show up again at some point.

They should've just casted David Hayter and the circle will be complete.

but yeah, it ain't 24 without Jack. This should've been called something else.

jelly

The stakes are too high.

Don't remember him from TWD.

Please no Chloe.

Lets see, former Army Ranger, Private Army connection, foils some plan in Syria or somewhere with said Private Army, thinks all is well until they come after him, the main man he thought was dead isn't but we don't find out who this famous actor is until the 16th hour. Twist, you've run out of time from said bad guy! Dammit Obama! or Replace private army with Ruskies or Muslims.

You don't even need CTU.

I'm talking about the basic concept of a show happening in real time during a moment of crisis. Just sucks that wagon is forever hitched to terrorist attacks on US soil.
Yeah, that's why I got sick of 24 after a while, it was just season after season trying to come up with some new weapon or terrorist group to save America from.

Nukes!
Suitcase nukes!
Nerve gas!
Super virus!
Super hacking!

I'd be down for something a little less "America under attack!" like a natural disaster where some douche politicians are trying to take advantage of the situation at the expense of people lives or something like that.

Foggy

You should probably elaborate on that.

Keeping an open mind is a good thing.

Pointing to Bond is silly because there are chasms in the differences in how each actor has portrayed Bond. Change the names of each guy wouldn't change the quality of the films. They're are functionally very different characters with the same name.

Happy for him, really liked him in Compton. Should be good.

Ok he isn't Jack Bauaueuueuaur, but it'll be good, still. Just don't have he have a stupid, annoying, thick as shit daughter.

liquidtmd

Banned
Live Another Day would have been a perfect send off bar Jacks resolution.

Either send him out in a blaze of motherfucking glory or give him a happy ending with Kim. As is, I'm not really that hyped to get behind a fresh face doing the same job when I know Jacks out there
languishing in a fucking jail as in my head I'm just wanting a season of Tony leading a goddamn Jailbreak, sillyness and Jacksack included

The format is a good one though.

harSon

Banned
The concept of 24 could be so much more than just 'omg terrorism.'

A natural disaster 24 would be cool IMO.

They should just turn it into Bond/Mission Impossible. I want some ridiculous ass super villain with an impossibly sophisticated and wide reaching network of evil ass motherfuckers under his belt.

Morts

I want to see a sci-fi 24, where the terrorists are attacking a space station or something.

They could play with time dilation and have 25 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom