• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mickey Mouse cartoons by Paul Rudish (Dexter's Lab, PowerPuff Girls etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best use of Mickey and co. in years.

Has anybody else bought "Where's My Mickey?" on mobile? It's the newest entry in the "Where's My Water?" franchise, which I adore. It uses this artstyle, and it's really charming. The game itself is amazing, too.

Where's My Mickey?

Theorymon

Holy shit I didn't know these were a thing! I just watched them all, and while I wouldn't say these were as good as the classics (especially not animation wise)... I really enjoyed every episode. They're pretty funny! Also, I find the art style to be rather lovely, feels sorta retro yet new at the same time. No Service is probably my favorite one so far.

Good to see Mickey and Friends doing something good after the whole Epic Mickey debacle!

webkatt

just glad it isn't the brony girl who is making these, i'd hate for them to obsess over mickey mouse and make it creepy

sappyday

These shorts seem more "Disney" than anything they've done in the last ten years.

This is basically what the Mickey cartoons should of evolved to but at the same time I think what makes these shorts more special is that we haven't seen anything of this quality at Disney Channel for quite a while.

Besides these shorts, what has Disney done lately with Mickey anyway? He's the mascot of the company, but he doesn't come up very often

I love the floral patterning and color usage in Yodelberg and that was a "silent" cartoon. New York Weenie is probably one of my favorites because of Mickey's expressions become more and more deranged as he pursued that dog. When they revealed the state of the hotdog at the end, I love the added detail and artwork shift. Can't wait for more.

Besides these shorts, what has Disney done lately with Mickey anyway? He's the mascot of the company, but he doesn't come up very often

THIS is what they're doing with him. Epic Mickey was the beginning but this is the first real step towards getting him and the crew back into the public eye as more than just a character that stands above their company logo. There are 19 (?) of these shorts and they'll play on TV, the internet, and in front of movies in theaters. Depending on how they're received will decide if there are more, and will probably help get the Mickey theatrical feature out of development hell.

tanuki

These are going to be huge when Disney starts promoting them properly. Best thing Disney has done in years.

qindarka

Banned
THIS is what they're doing with him. Epic Mickey was the beginning but this is the first real step towards getting him and the crew back into the public eye as more than just a character that stands above their company logo. There are 19 (?) of these shorts and they'll play on TV, the internet, and in front of movies in theaters. Depending on how they're received will decide if there are more, and will probably help get the Mickey theatrical feature out of development hell.

Heard that a new short, 'Get a Horse' will be playing in front of Frozen as well.
Apparently, it is also a hybrid of CG and traditional animation.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nope, they're separately releasing these new 3-4 minute long Mickey Mouse shorts. They're seemingly shown on the Disney Channel though.

Aww. Oh well, I thought they were reviving that style.
That would be awesome. Either way I hope we continue to get new Mickey cartoons. It's insane we haven't had proper Mickey cartoons in years.

that would be fantsic

Also you guys should totally check out my RTTP: House of Mouse thread.

Heard that a new short, 'Get a Horse' will be playing in front of Frozen as well. Apparently,
it is also a hybrid of CG and traditional animation.

That's kinda a spoiler. Disney is promoting it as though it's a long-lost short from the Steamboat Willie era, and it begins as an extremely faithful pastiche of that style before... well, I haven't seen any detailed spoilers yet, thankfully.

Ogni-XR21

No links to the mp4 version of Yodelberg ?

The youtube version is blocked in my country =(

You need to find a proxy located in the US. I just looked one up on hidemyass.com to use as a proxy in my browser (or just use some program to do that for you).

Heard that a new short, 'Get a Horse' will be playing in front of Frozen as well.
Apparently, it is also a hybrid of CG and traditional animation.

That's kinda a spoiler. Disney is promoting it as though it's a long-lost short from the Steamboat Willie era, and it begins as an extremely faithful pastiche of that style before... well, I haven't seen any detailed spoilers yet, thankfully.
Holy shit, I haven't heard ANYTHING about this one, that sounds like it's going to be flipping amazing. :O

New shorts are surprisingly off-model and exciting. I don't get the deal with hot dogs, but New York Weenie really makes Mickey look deranged in ways I never anticipated. Along with the Hanna-Barbera backgrounds and gleefully abstract stylings, this stuff's pretty darn comic.

I think Yodelberg is my favorite because it's the first that really sells the art style to me.

I was a bit mixed on it before, but now I really see where they're going with it.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
I think Yodelberg is my favorite because it's the first that really sells the art style to me.

I was a bit mixed on it before, but now I really see where they're going with it.

I love them all, but Yodelberg is my favorite, too. I've watched it half a dozen times, and I always lose it during the sequence with the Yeti.
ROAAAAR!!!
Shhh!
<whispering>roooar!
<silent scream>

Kabuto

I love them all, but Yodelberg is my favorite, too. I've watched it half a dozen times, and I always lose it during the sequence with the Yeti.
ROAAAAR!!!
Shhh!
<whispering>roooar!
<silent scream>

the little shaka sign the Yeti made before he snowboards down the mountain is such a little touch but made that part so much funnier. 10/10

I did not know the thumb and pinky sign was called a shaka

PaulloDEC

Thanks for all the international-friendly links guys, these are really great! Loving the beautiful painted scenery especially.

Platy

A friend pointed to me how ironic those links to be USA only .... a short that speaks FRENCH and is set on PARIS cannot be seen by FRENCH PEOPLE ???

=P

These are pretty great!

6bcGXKH.png

Downhome

I'm just seeing this for the first time. I'm in pure shock at the greatness of these shocks. I'm totally amazed at the quality. Wow.

AMUSIX

I liked it. For a while didn't seem to be a "Mickey" cartoon as much as a cartoon with Mickey in it (that is, could have been any character there).

Still, a lot of fun stuff, from him holding all the coins to Walt's photograph framed on the wall to Casey Jr. being quoted.

I do think there are moments in these shorts where the charm is totally killed by the seeming need to be gross. Close-ups of pores and nose hairs and food caught in teeth and such are far more Ren & Stimpy than Mickey & Donald.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom