• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New NBC/WSJ poll has Carson in first place, Trump in second, Rubio third

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really hold Ben Carson's sketchy past against him. People who come from bad places sometimes have done bad things, but you have to be willing to give them a second chance.

Unfortunately, Ben Carson's second chance was becoming a renowned neurosurgeon, but he seems to think his second chance was becoming an influential political figure.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Trump getting stumped by a smooth crazy. If you told me this was the way for the GOP to knock Trump off I would of laughed at it to the bank. It's becoming a trend now... the GOP base is crazy no doubt. Between him and Trump they got a 50% lock. W.O.W!

OuterLimits

A new Rueters poll has Trump 31% and Carson 18%. Also, a new Florida poll has Trump up by 20. Trump 37, Carson, 17, Rubio 16. Poor Jeb only has 7 in his home state.

Honestly with Trump leading many states, the Rueters poll seems more realistic to me. Carson leading by 6 nationally, but losing in most states seems a bit strange.

Definitely seems to be a 4 or 5 person race now. Trump, Carson, Rubio, Cruz, and maybe Jeb since his fix it tour will of course catapult him back to the top.

Blader

Take the three establishment candidates and add their numbers together and what do you get? 29%.

Once the field narrows the two circus freaks won't be able to maintain the lead.

Well if you want to go that route, Carson + Trump gets you 52 percent.

It's the first Tuesday in November so you know what that means!

We're 1 year away from America electing Donald Trump as president! /s

No but seriously it is exciting that we are exactly 1 year away from the next presidential election.

OuterLimits

Well if you want to go that route, Carson + Trump gets you 52 percent.

Plus if you add in Cruz who is more anti establishment despite being in the Senate, the numbers are close to 60%. Eventually the more establishment candidates need to get voters from Trump and/or Carson.

Which means likely Rubio. He is the only one with a decent chance to do that in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom