• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quinnipiac Poll: Trump's approval rating down to 33%

For someone who barely remembers his lessons about the immediate post WW2 America, why was Truman hated near the end? Korean War? Soviet power climbing?

Might have been his involvement in integrating the military. Another reason was that Democrats held the White House for twenty years. Most Americans were yearning for change at that point.

kcp12304

Banned
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

MrPBR4j.png

jph139

The issue the Republicans have now is that - barring a HUGE turn of fortunes - this is only going to get worse. At some point they have to cut off the limb to save the body.

If they do it too soon, they'll alienate the Trump loyalists - and bomb the next election.

If they do it too late, they'll have burned away their good will with the moderates - and bomb the next election.

Personally I suspect they'll hang on WAY too long hoping for a miracle, and cling to the Trump name long after he's become political cancer. Which is good news.

kmfdmpig

Considering how much of a clown show his reign has been so far, not to mention the genuine and significant damage he's done to the nation's reputation and alliances, I'm surprised that it's not even lower. 20%-25% or so would not surprise me in 2018.

53% of republicans strongly approve. That number was 67% on June 29th, 63% on May 10th, 60% on April 4th and 62% on March 22nd.

That's awesome.

That just means he's experiencing fallout for not repealing Obamacare and Trump will do something terrible to try and get their support back like sabotaging the exchanges. This isn't like more moderate Trump supporters are having a change of heart and realizing how bad Trump is.

Considering how much of a clown show his reign has been so far, not to mention the genuine and significant damage he's done to the nation's reputation and alliances, I'm surprised that it's not even lower. 20%-25% or so would not surprise me in 2018.

Nah, even Dubya got 28% to 30%. That base will never leave him but it doesn't really matter. They are not needed to win back the WH.

This will definitely affect the GOP congressmen. If it drops below the 30% range, they know that supporting Trump could affect the elections in 2018. Lets hope it goes down further.

Countdown to Trump trying to create a new government agency to generate polls that make him feel better about his approval rating?

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I cannot wait until he starts consistently polling under 30.

KHarvey16

That just means he's experiencing fallout for not repealing Obamacare and Trump will do something terrible to try and get their support back like sabotaging the exchanges. This isn't like more moderate Trump supporters are having a change of heart and realizing how bad Trump is.

The healthcare plan was incredibly unpopular even amongst republicans. The party's inability to pass it is likely not driving this number.

ascii42

Nah, even Dubya got 28% to 30%. That base will never leave him but it doesn't really matter. They are not needed to win back the WH.

The thing to consider is Dubya hit that when the economy crashed, on top of war weariness. The economy's doing fine, which probably props up Trump's numbers. All of Trump's problems are self-inflicted for now. But what happens if the market crashes, or major natural disaster, or something?

The thing to consider is Dubya hit that when the economy crashed, on top of war weariness. The economy's doing fine, which probably props up his numbers. All of Trump's problems are self-inflicted for now. But what happens if the market crashes, or major natural disaster, or something?

I keep pointing this out. Imagine if there was a act of God weather event or the market was under 17.

ICO_SotC

There is nearly 70 questions in that poll, covering a variety of subjects, and the split between white men and everyone else on almost every question is staggering. It's nothing new, but just seeing it over and over again for that many questions, it really hits you.

One of the few things everyone seems to see eye to eye on is wanting Trump to tweet less, and most importantly, respect for Mueller and his investigation, thank god.

He‘s getting impeached if he goes sub 30

no he's not. And you know it.

No, I suspect he'll get indicted by Mueller's squad and then history books will say he had a Put-in accident. He's not going to make it into prison, I think we all realize that deep down.

I imagine it will be him shooting himself on Times Square. Wouldn't lose any votes...

Man, I can see the novels and biopics about this clusterfuck in my head already.
(for those who've read Er Ist Wieder Da and its ending:
the point where the novel feels like it wanted to end is very similar. About that dog of his. "My fiedel, my fiedel, my..."
)

PopeReal

Troll is funny, but Trump himself has bragged about his approval rating at various points.

So it matters when it matters, I suppose.

Top Bottom