• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quinnipiac Poll: Trump's approval rating down to 33%

zethren

Banned
When the POTUS has a 33% approval rating, but 3/4 of Republicans still approve of him, that's really damn telling.

rjinaz

It's got to be eating him alive that Obama never polled this low.

Well assuming anybody on his staff told him. Which I seriously doubt. They seem content to let him live in his own world.

Gutek

It's got to be eating him alive that Obama never polled this low.

Well assuming anybody on his staff told him. Which I seriously doubt. They seem content to let him live in his own world.

He doesn't believe in polls. Just ratings. And he had more than 9/11, so all's good.

Betty

Banned
Also like the recent article showing that Trump's boasting of the economy is overstated as usual

Both Bush Sr & Obama had a more thriving economy under their terms at the same point.

2017-08-01-president-sp500-desktop.png

"I'm not a Republican anymore, I'm an independent!"

*still holds mostly all Republican viewpoints and agrees with GOP policy*

When Joe Scaraborough (spelling is most likely wrong) came out a few weeks ago saying he was leaving the Republican party and becoming independent, I was really confused why he was getting praised for it. His viewpoints if i'm remembering right, didn't change-he just didn't want to be associated with the current GOP. Oh well.

rjinaz

Bush's floor was 24%. Time to see if Trump can get that low.

That was well into his 2nd term afaik. By then America had serious Bush fatigue.

I'm gonna guess that fatigue level will be matched much much sooner with Trump though, hopefully before 2020.

rjinaz

33% approval...? How is that even possible?

It shouldn't be but racism, White supremacy, complete selfishness and indifference to others, and just out right terrible people are a plenty in America.

I know that even when I was a Republican back in the day there is no way I would back this man. Even if I was willing to give him a chance I would have bailed by now because I have always actually had respect for my country and the office.

Mathieran

Banned
His polls will probably go up while he is on vacation. Although I'm sure will find a way to continue making a fool of himself.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It shouldn't be but racism, White supremacy, complete selfishness and indifference to others, and just out right terrible people are a plenty in America.

I know that even when I was a Republican back in the day there is no way I would back this man. Even if I was willing to give him a chance I would have bailed by now because I have always actually had respect for my country and the office.

It's why it's so important for those who are not piles of shit, to get out and vote. Since I still believe good people outnumber them.

Also, I guess that means 61% of Americans approve of the job Trump is not doing! </Colbert>

It looks like his aggregate on fivethirtyeight has never been above 48%. I'm feeling that Trump will run away with the most consecutive weeks below 50%.

JettDash

Trump wanted to be president in part because he believed he would finally get the admiration he deserves. Instead, he's probably the most hated person in the entire world.

Pakkidis

If you told me he had 1% approval rating I would still be in shock. 33% tells me America has got a polarized political system beyond comprehension and broken education system.

3 out 4 Republicans still approve of Trump... W T F.

That's still an eight point drop over the last month.

Plus, as others have pointed out, this doesn't take into effect the number of people who previously identified as Republican who now call themselves Independents or Libertarians now to distance themselves from Trump.

When the POTUS has a 33% approval rating, but 3/4 of Republicans still approve of him, that's really damn telling.

Two things:

1) it's REALLY rare for presidents to drop by that much with members of their own party. That is not good for Trump.

2) that number could actually be lower if Republicans don't tell pollsters they're Republicans because they disapprove of Trump.

EDIT: Also the other numbers in this poll suggest Trump has an actual base of like 25%. So that many people will probably still stick with him regardless.

TaterTots

Banned
3 out 4 Republicans still approve of Trump... W T F.

Yea this is whats confusing to me regarding polls. Still pretty high for Republicans, so I guess they are the minority that participate in these polls? I'd imagine a lot more democrats are participating...its the only way the numbers add up for me.

NimbusD

republicans 76% approve? That's the scariest shit I've ever seen. Just imagine how much worse it can get before they actually wouldn't approve.

JettDash

Yea this is whats confusing to me regarding polls. Still pretty high for Republicans, so I guess they are the minority that participate in these polls? I'd imagine a lot more democrats are participating...its the only way the numbers add up for me.

He also has terrible approval ratings among independents.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Watch Fox News for 90 minutes, then realize that's the only place many Republicans get their news and commentary.

(Actually, Fox News is the least stupid part of what you'd consider modern "conservative media", because they still have enough sense to pretend to be a real news organization and not make up facts wholesale.)

Eh, still not seeing any movement in his numbers. They've always been in the low 30s. The lowest I've seen is 32%. This was months ago. The sad thing is, his poll numbers look pretty steady. Of course they're not good, but it shows idiots that support him are really dedicated.

Top Bottom