• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quinnipiac Poll: Trump's approval rating down to 33%

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Article link.

Quinnipiac poll link.

Just 33% of American voters approve of how President Donald Trump is performing as president, a new Quinnipiac University poll has found.

The findings mark Trump's lowest approval rating and highest disapproval rating in the Quinnipiac poll. Sixty-one percent of respondents say they disapprove of the President's performance, with 55% of people saying they strongly disapprove -- the highest share of respondents yet.

Trump's numbers declined more among Republicans than they did among Democrats, who had already viewed the President unfavorably. In late June, 84% of Republicans approved of Trump's performance -- now, 76% of Republicans say the same. Seventeen percent of Republicans now say they disapprove of the way Trump is performing in the job.

The poll was conducted from July 27 to August 1 among a sample of 1,125 voters nationwide with a +/- 3.4 percentage point margin of error. Live interviewers called both landlines and cell phones.

From the Quinnipiac link:

President Donald Trump plunges to a new low as American voters disapprove 61 - 33 percent of the job he is doing, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today. White men are divided 47 - 48 percent and Republicans approve 76 - 17 percent. White voters with no college degree, a key part of the president's base, disapprove 50 - 43 percent.

Today's approval rating is down from a 55 - 40 percent disapproval in a June 29 survey by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University. This is President Trump's lowest approval and highest disapproval number since he was inaugurated.

Eusis

I was going to make a joke about only Rasmussen mattering... because if he's under 50% there he's well and truly fucked. But, uhh, it looks like he's at 38% approval with them!

Ah hahaha what a pathetic lump of shit we have in office.

tenor.gif

jph139

I was going to make a joke about only Rasmussen mattering... because if he's under 50% there he's well and truly fucked. But, uhh, it looks like he's at 38% approval with them!

Ah hahaha what a pathetic lump of shit we have in office.

The last Rasmussen actually has his disapproval rating all the way up at 62% - even higher than the Quinnipiac numbers. Which is crazy.

mnannola

These are the same polls that predicted Trump losing guys. Actually 33 percent is pretty good with all this fake news floating around. If Obama was president he would probably only have 10 percent. Loser Hillary would be lucky to be at 5.

Makes you wonder how many disapprove because he hasn't screwed over Brown people enough yet or hasn't taken away healthcare.

IaN_GAF

That's what they say but a lot of people are saying, ask Sean Hannity, a lot of people are saying, I bet Hillary has waaay worse approval ratings, believe me, the worst I tell ya, but they don't, the fake news media don't, and this is CNN and many others, terrible people, they don't show them, I don't know. Sad. #FakeNews

These are the same polls that predicted Trump losing guys. Actually 33 percent is pretty good with all this fake news floating around. If Obama was president he would probably only have 10 percent. Loser Hillary would be lucky to be at 5.
I....just.....cant......tell......anymore

3 out 4 Republicans still approve of Trump... W T F.

His approval rating being that low for Republicans is more shocking for me. I wonder how Republicans in Congress will react if/when he reaches the fifties in 2018. That's a massive detriment to Republicans running next year.

Eusis

I'd almost be surprised if Trump fails to reach the lowest point yet sometime during his presidency. Almost, because A. his dedicated base may really be THAT diehard to stick through while fewer were as attached to Nixon or W Bush, and/or B. he'll successfully avoid any obvious catastrophic events happening on his watch. Which I doubt, at the least he'll probably bungle a natural disaster response worse than Katrina, and that would probably tank support among his base in the end (especially as it'd PROBABLY be a hurricane wrecking the south east.)

Plummet faster.

Plunge lower.

Sear the fact that your highest highs can't even reach a black man's lowest lows.

Take that pain into your grave you orange smear.

Last week had to be the worst week of his Presidency - thus far

Everything from failing to Repeal/Replace Obamacare, the crude Boy Scouts speech, Scaramucci...

This week he's calling the White House a dump and lying for his son over that Russia meeting - and it's only Wednesday.

Has Trump had a single week yet where he wasn't lying, or embarrassing the country or just being an asshole?

Top Bottom