• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ninja Gaiden 3 Details (60 FPS, 8 Player Multi, Co-Op/Versus, More)

StuBurns

Banned
plagiarize said:
i don't understand why people are against move support in a game like this. if you don't like it, don't use it. what's the issue? you think they'd design the entire game around a peripheral that a fraction of the people have?

of course they wouldn't.
Well what is it going to be used for then? I can't think of anything Move would bring to the current NG games, can you?

Feindflug

This is exactly what I'm afraid of.

Kinda makes sense with the "Greater emphasis on story" which will suck.

Anyway as another guy already posted above I want gore back not only blood...though I doubt we'll see again the awesomeness of NG2's gore mainly due to the technical difficulties that may create.

Gilgamesh

ShockingAlberto said:
While I think Itagaki is way, WAY overrated and am willing to give Hayashi a chance (I quite liked Dragon Sword), he is definitely afraid to to do anything on his own. Since Itagaki left, he's ported NG2 (many would argue for the worse), made Other M with Nintendo, and basically just "collected" the DOA games in to a 3DS title.
Do you think those were his decisions to make? Seems more likely that Tecmo ordered him to port NG2 and make DoA's greatest hits.

UrbanRats said:
The store is gone. Weapons will upgrade over time.
Uhm, not sure if want-- kinda detract from the personalized experience and style of play.
I'm pretty sure "over time" means "as you use them", so the more you use a weapon, the more powerful it gets. Sounds personalized to me.

szaromir

Banned
UrbanRats said:
Greater emphasis on story.
ugh, no, please.
They probably read all these woes by DMC/Bayo fans and will include nonsense convoluted story with 15 minutes long snorefest cutscenes :(

i still wonder what they mean in terms of difficulty. i never thought any ninja gaiden was tough on a default difficulty.

hopefully they can design something that has a good sense of mastery.

fernoca

Sounds great so far.
No store is nothing big, since you'll probably pick herbs/items as you play, upgrade weapons either by using them a lot or through the pause-menu.

Move support is just optional, so don't know why would anyone not want additional options that are there for those that want them. Is not like they're designing the game to be used only with Move..or Kinect.

StuBurns said:
Well what is it going to be used for then? I can't think of anything Move would bring to the current NG games, can you?

Maybe a super-casual mode, even Bayonetta had one. Why not? If it's optional, it shouldn't bother anyone.

8 player co-op sounds interesting, but I have no faith in it being any good. I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised.

rvy

Banned
According to the back of the case, NG II is also 60fps... we all know how that turned out. Still not very interested.

I'm not even sure why a story is so necessary.
Ryu kills some dude, the next dude who is bigger and badder than the last cuts a promo, then Ryu kills him, repeat.

Maybe show some cutscenes of women in tiny outfits just because.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Hayashi's additions and such to the NG games have pretty much been for the worse. The only thing done right in the Sigma games was the removal of things that kinda sucked.

Can't say I'm looking forward to this. At least they're going for 60fps though. So it already sounds better than that UE3 "DmC" from the developers of Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, lol.

rvy said:
According to the back of the case, NG II is also 60fps... we all know how that turned out. Still not very interested.
Yeah. NG2 was 60 fps at times, however rare. I won't be fooled until I see the game in person or 60 fps video.

they could sell it packed in a box of brown recluse spiders and I would still try it.

Sigma 2 blew chunks, but I'm interested in his first full, non-remake, non-Itagaki project. He has talent or else Itagaki wouldn't have held him in high regard.

Fimbulvetr said:
The final boss will be one of Samus' monologues.

how do you kill that which has no soul

Feindflug said:
Kinda makes sense with the "Greater emphasis on story" which will suck.

Anyway as another guy already posted above I want gore back not only blood...though I doubt we'll see again the awesomeness of NG2's gore mainly due to the technical difficulties that may create.

I think you'll feel better once you see the screens. It looks extremely violent.

StuBurns

Banned
REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Maybe a super-casual mode, even Bayonetta had one. Why not? If it's optional, it shouldn't bother anyone.

8 player co-op sounds interesting, but I have no faith in it being any good. I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised.
I don't care personally, but it seems like it has to either be an indication of a radical shift in game design, or a completely redundant feature, the latter is lame, but perfectly ignorable, which is cool.

ezekial45

Banned
Sounds pretty good. I'm gonna miss the store though. I thought those were pretty cool. I still hope Muramasa is still in.

ezekial45 said:
Sounds pretty good. I'm gonna miss the store though. I thought those were pretty cool. I still hope Muramasa is still in.

I'm hoping "level up over time" means an EXP system (but with varying exp points on how well you play, not how many enemies you kill...so no grinding)

szaromir said:
It didn't work for those games at all. The traditional TN approach is much better.
The TN approach is mostly identical, except you can't skip some of the cutscenes until they finish loading.

I mean, do you seriously give a shit what Gamov and the masked man are talking about in front of the fountain? Really?

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Stories in videogames are supposed to offer some motivation to continue playing.
Bayo/DMC have the opposite effect.

the party the party the party the party the party the party the party the ba-i mean, the party the party the party the party

WarZombie

Neo Member
Yup, sounds like a Ninja Gaiden game, which is not a bad thing. The multiplayer intrigues me the most. Third-person ninja violence, anyone?

Hopefully some videos can be shown soon.

ShockingAlberto said:
The TN approach is mostly identical, except you can't skip some of the cutscenes until they finish loading.

I mean, do you seriously give a shit what Gamov and the masked man are talking about in front of the fountain? Really?

If the cutscenes were all like the one where he ghost rides a train into a building, I'd watch them. That's a pretty awesome scene.

fernoca said:
Sounds great so far.
No store is nothing big, since you'll probably pick herbs/items as you play, upgrade weapons either by using them a lot or through the pause-menu.
I can see them going for the Sigma 2 / Other M rechargable health checkpoint system. It keeps the pace of the game going and it makes every encounter important. Boss fights were really tense on Other M's 2 hit death hard mode.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
i cannot imagine what move support would do to add to this game, unless its an onrails type mini game thing. Ryu is to damn fast!

Don

I have no problem with the cutscenes in Bayonetta and Devil May Cry. I love the characters and the light hearted humour.

Don said:
I have no problem with the cutscenes in Bayonetta and Devil May Cry. I love the characters and the light hearted humour.

then i guess you missed the part in bayonetta when it starts to take itself all seriously and the cutscenes drag out for 20 minutes.

WarZombie

Neo Member
Trin3785 said:
i cannot imagine what move support would do to add to this game, unless its an onrails type mini game thing. Ryu is to damn fast!

Tell me about it. I can't imagine how many household items are going to be destroyed because of kids trying to kick and swing their way through levels, lol.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I trust in Hayashi sama and the Neo-team Ninja

The store is gone. Weapons will upgrade over time.

If it's based on your use to the weapon then it's pretty good idea.

There will be both competitive and cooperative modes. One or both will support up to 8 players.

Hell...My man vagina is ready.

May feature Move support.

meh.....please Sony keep your useless stuff away from my favorite Ninja killing simulation game. ( same for you Microsoft/Kinect)

fernoca

wackojackosnose said:
I can see them going for the Sigma 2 / Other M rechargable health checkpoint system. It keeps the pace of the game going and it makes every encounter important. Boss fights were really tense on Other M's 2 hit death hard mode.
That too. Higher difficulty would mean no health restoration, and easier could include regeneration. That way the game could be "easier for casuals" without "dumbing down" the enemies.

Top Bottom