• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ninja Gaiden 3 Details (60 FPS, 8 Player Multi, Co-Op/Versus, More)

I remember Hayashi talking about the game giving you "the feeling of cutting someone" so I can only imagine they will use Move and Kinect (and whatever for Cafe, perhaps..?) to do something with motion controls as the preferred play method, but not the required one (like CC support for No More Heroes 2).

Skilletor

ShockingAlberto said:
How do you know that extra time and money wasn't budgeted toward it from, say, Sony?

Hey, no being too reasonable in this thread now.

Zeal said:
team ninja dog adds multiplayer to ninja gaiden? yeah, afraid this would happen.

Dunno, was pretty fun in NGS2. Looking forward to something implemented from the getgo and not tacked on as an extra.

hikarutilmitt said:
I remember Hayashi talking about the game giving you "the feeling of cutting someone" so I can only imagine they will use Move and Kinect (and whatever for Cafe, perhaps..?) to do something with motion controls as the preferred play method, but not the required one (like CC support for No More Heroes 2).

All I think Hayashi means by that is that the animation and sound design will be more viseral.

benzy said:
Any time wasted on adding Move support could be used productively on something else that actually matters.

They already said 'Maybe' which probably means they would do it if they had 'extra' time/resources. I think the devs have better idea than us as to what they can do or not do.

Jeez some of the GAFers just need bitch about any little thing even if it wont affect them.

Kinyou

Dreams-Visions said:
I don't see how Move support works for NG.

It seems like you'd have to slow the action, which Ninja Gaiden fans will find unacceptable.
Maybe they could do something similar to the DS Ninja Gaiden?

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
All I think Hayashi means by that is that the animation and sound design will be more viseral.

I really, really want people to stop throwing the word "visceral" around because most of them don't seem to understand what it really means.

Skilletor

hikarutilmitt said:
I really, really want people to stop throwing the word "visceral" around because most of them don't seem to understand what it really means.

It's that feeling when blood comes out of the guy's limbs when I press Y.

Do not want. It's got some things you expect (gore, 60fps), but the rest just reeks of disaster. They also don't have Itagaki to make the core game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
_dementia said:
How was it in Sigma 2? I never played it.

BALLS HARD. BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS OF STEEL needed and a lot of time to finish this mode (or hope and pray the lag doesn't screw you up online with someone that is able to solo while you twirl against Alexi to prevent her from helping the other two-three bosses before going against her in a 2-1 fight).

Hell, I still need to play it online with someone, myself. The AI is shit for playing co-op so getting some of the missions completed is just impossible after a certain point.

The AI is fine for the "kill them all" missions. Once you reach Mentor and above where bosses come in, they don't cut it. Neither does Ayane.

Really, Ninja Gaiden 2's team mission mode is fine. I don't know what people are complaining or worrying about, it wasn't the issue. The lag and unbalanced difficulty (3 bosses on insane difficulty versus 2 have-to-be-on-the-ball-or-your-fucked-at-the-outset-please-don't-play-Ayane-she-sucks) is what worked against the mode.

Elios83

Just saw the scans, it seems like there will be a nice jump in graphics from NGS2 and much more blood than NG2.
Probably they really want to show the cruelty and suffering of mutilations and killings.

Skilletor

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Do not want. It's got some things you expect (gore, 60fps), but the rest just reeks of disaster. They also don't have Itagaki to make the core game.

Itagaki did it all alone?

Zeal

Banned
how the hell are graphics like that supposed to run at 60fps? i don't like this overused description, but it really does look like a painting. must see in action before i judge.

Ninja Dom

Was kind of hoping the Team Ninja & Nintendo relationship would continue and they would announce this for the new Project Cafe console.

Still, PS3 will have to do.

Ninja Dom said:
Was kind of hoping the Team Ninja & Nintendo relationship would continue and they would announce this for the new Project Cafe console.
They might still.

Honestly, unless this is coming this fall, I assume it's a given.

Skilletor said:
Itagaki did it all alone?

tomonobu-itagaki-points-out-his-words-are-facts.gif

szaromir

Banned
Skilletor said:
I guess that's to be seen.

I'm in the wait and see camp.

This will be at e3, right?
Over 20 TN employees left with Itagaki. That's a pretty sizable squad. Devil's Third is what traditional TN fans should look forward to the most.

Ninja Dom

szaromir said:
Over 20 TN employees left with Itagaki. That's a pretty sizable squad. Devil's Third is what traditional TN fans should look forward to the most.

Just skipped over to YouTube to watch the Devil's Third trailer again. Looks stylish but more guns than swords.

AAK

szaromir said:

These the same "traditional TN fans" you speak of that are in this thread shuddering at the mention of multiplayer? Because Devil's Third will have their fair share of that feature.

Skilletor

szaromir said:

Couldn't care less about a third person shooter. Don't see why any "traditional" TN fan would look forward to that more than a new Ninja Gaiden.

Also, just laughing at people who say the game will not be good because Itagaki isn't around, like he did everything.

NG2 and DoA4 were extremely disappointing for me, so I'm willing to give this new Team Ninja a chance after those two games.

AAK said:
These the same "traditional TN fans" you speak of that are in this thread shuddering at the mention of multiplayer? Because Devil's Third will have their fair share of that feature.

Devil's Third is a multiplayer shooter with melee elements which have worked in the past. NG is melee based and ultimately comparable with a fighter in regards to how significantly lag will ruin it. The games aren't comparable?

Bullshots look good, hope it can get close to them when it's running.

Scans look pretty good. It shows Ryu has that red fleshy crap going up his arm like the original trailer, I'm gonna need them to explain that.

AAK

Spirit of Jazz said:
Devil's Third is a multiplayer shooter with melee elements which have worked in the past. NG is melee based and ultimately comparable with a fighter in regards to how significantly lag will ruin it. The games aren't comparable?

Lag can ruin any game. Some moreso than others, but there are various means of game design to work around it. My post is mainly centered on replies like these:

Iwatas Magic Sports Coat said:
Multi player Ninja Gaiden? WTF? I will not play that mode even if it's awesome out of principal.

plagiarize said:
i don't understand why people are against move support in a game like this. if you don't like it, don't use it. what's the issue? you think they'd design the entire game around a peripheral that a fraction of the people have?

of course they wouldn't.

Most of the game sounds good, but I think the reason they, including myself wouldn't want Move support is because they could dumb down the controls and gameplay for the Move controller.

Do you really see something more complicated and deeper than NG2:Sigma working great with a move controller? Unless it has another specialized control scheme just for the move controller.

Top Bottom