• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ninja Gaiden 3 Details (60 FPS, 8 Player Multi, Co-Op/Versus, More)

Jigsaw

Banned
shintoki said:
Good news is they are focusing on Ryu. All of Hayashi's creations have been terrible so far.

um no?both momiji and ayane played perfectly,what did you expect,re-skinned ryu-clones?

Angry Fork said:
Metal Gear Rising killer confirmed.

No but seriously it sounds like they're gonna go all out. I'll especially be interested if there's Move support. If this game or MG: Rising has full blown Move support (and not tacked on) that's probably one of the few things that would get me to get the peripheral.

Rising is going to be a stealth game and everyone will be pissed off.

EvaTType01

Neo Member
really? more multiplayer?!?!? sheesh, i hope we get more rachel twirl type situations, i hope you get to use it all the time!!!......

seriously, they need to show kasumi now!

The co-op aspect in ngs2 was okay until you got the bosses that one-hit killed you, or your facing 3-4 bosses at a time, which turned into a joke......sigh, that one stupid trophy is keeping me from the plat ; ;

i will be disappointed if they do not introduce a guest character to play as. NG had rachel, NG2 had momiji, ayane and rachel.

whats the point of move support? i can imagine dead space 2 using re4 style wii mechanics, but ninja gaiden with all the fast pace action and timings, prepare your elbows and shoulders for a workout!

Jigsaw

Banned
EvaTType01 said:
whats the point of move support? i can imagine dead space 2 using re4 style wii mechanics, but ninja gaiden with all the fast pace action and timings, prepare your elbows and shoulders for a workout!

maybe it's only used during obliterations (think no more heroes),you have a few i-frames then anyway

really? more multiplayer?!?!? sheesh, i hope we get more rachel twirl type situations, i hope you get to use it all the time!!!......

the twirl wasn't necessary though,there are clips on youtube were japanese players destroy ultimate ninja 01 & 02 with double momiji or double ayane

pa22word

Eh, I'm willing to give the new TN another go for one of my favorite series. Tecmo's rushing stuff out the door is what scares me more than Hayashi's inexperience tbqh.

UrbanRats

AAK said:
A good narrative leads to better and more memorable villains & boss fights.

Examples:

[IMG]http://images4.fanpop.com/image/quiz/578000/578659_1303227652534_500_281.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://files.myopera.com/Guyver7/albums/458236/Dante_Vergil_1.jpg[/IMG]

You can't say the same for:

[IMG]http://images.wikia.com/ninjagaiden/images/7/72/Genshin.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://images.wikia.com/ninjagaiden/images/6/62/Murai-ninja-gaiden-xbox.jpg[/IMG]

Not quite, since Volf is the most badass villain ever:
ninja-gaiden-ii-20080724034009318_640w.jpg

Its design it's so hilariously ridiculous, that's impossible to forget.
It looks like a villain from the Power Rangers, amazing.

MMaRsu

Banned
Corky said:
60 frames per second.

Yeah and DNF has guns.

Blood is back.

Good

Difficulty level won't be toned down for casual gamers.

Good there's no need

There will be both competitive and cooperative modes. One or both will support up to 8 players.

Not sure if going the mp route is worthwhile.

The store is gone. Weapons will upgrade over time.

Fuck that shit I loved the store. Muramasaaaaaaaaaaaa

Greater emphasis on story.
whatthehellisthis.gif

May feature Move support

:(

Who didn't love the store? Weapons upgrade over time? Sounds dumb.

Including MP is also unnecesary, they probably just added it because they felt the game needs it to sell better or something.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
MMaRsu said:
Including MP is also unnecesary, they probably just added it because they felt the game needs it to sell better or something.

See maybe I'm out of touch but I've never ever ever heard/seen anybody IRL not buy a game because it lacks MP. And I'm a nerd.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
UrbanRats said:
ninja-gaiden-ii-20080724034009318_640w.jpg

It looks like a villain from the Power Rangers, amazing.

How is that badass? Give me a real memorable bosses, Hayashi, not campy cheese that I laugh at while I destroy.

The monster design was one of the lowest points of NG2, easily. Either completely uninspired or taken from a 12 year old's notebook doodles.

Corky

UrbanRats said:
http://xboxlivemedia.ign.com/xboxlive/image/article/893/893629/ninja-gaiden-ii-20080724034009318_640w.jpg[/IMG
It looks like a villain from the Power Rangers, amazing.[/QUOTE]

I always hated his fucking chicken wings

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Corky said:
See maybe I'm out of touch but I've never ever ever heard/seen anybody IRL not buy a game because it lacks MP. And I'm a nerd.

And that's why you've never heard/seen it. Nerds don't care about MP. Nerds also don't make up the majority of the gaming audience anymore.

Yeah, I'm heavily generalizing here.

Marleyman

Banned
GuardianE said:
How is that badass? Give me a real memorable bosses, Hayashi, not campy cheese that I laugh at while I destroy.

The monster design was one of the lowest points of NG2, easily. Either completely uninspired or taken from a 12 year old's notebook doodles.

I thought Genshin was pretty cool, but overall the bosses weren't anything special.

UrbanRats

GuardianE said:

Well, he penetrate his own hands with his nails, when goes for a fist.
Plus he has 4 arms and giant feet that he can swim with!
And don't forget those handlebars on his back, so you can ride him like a motorbike.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Blood... so much blood.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Marleyman said:
I thought Genshin was pretty cool, but overall the bosses weren't anything special.

Genshin was okay. Didn't hold a candle to Murai, but he was probably one of the better designed bosses.

PooBone said:
They took the store out? Weapons upgrade automatically over time?

Ugh. Not liking this direction.
It might improve the experience if it gives the developer more control over difficulty curve, but yeah, I'm not to thrilled either.

HYDE

Banned
jett said:
To have memorable bosses first you need decent character designs. Hire new artists, TN.

Hopefully they all went with Itagaki to Valhalla.

On a side note, count me in for one who wants more human bosses. Sick of most the atrocious monster designs.

.la1n

So much blood, all over my face. I'll buy this, I liked the sigma games well enough and it's a ninja that cuts people to death.

MjFrancis

Corky said:
My rebuttal is anecdotal as well, but I've known three different individuals who turned down one or more games based on the lack of MP. One played Modern Warfare 1&2 exclusively for the MP, going so far as to never touch the campaign of MW2, despite hundreds of hours of MP time.

As for Ninja Gaiden 3 itself, I'm cautiously optimistic. Looking forward to it, disaster or success.

Corky

MjFrancis said:
My rebuttal is anecdotal as well, but I've known three different individuals who turned down one or more games based on the lack of MP. One played Modern Warfare 1&2 exclusively for the MP, going so far as to never touch the campaign of MW2, despite hundreds of hours of MP time.

As for Ninja Gaiden 3 itself, I'm cautiously optimistic. Looking forward to it, disaster or success.

Aye I have no delusions of my reference being anything but anecdotal. Nonetheless I've never been as burned by a sequel as I've been by NG2. I frequently mention on GAF that ng/b is my favorite game of all time, I don't think NG2 would find a spot on my top 100 list, and that's being conservative.

Then again, in a sense, I got my NG fill this generation by Bayonetta, even though I personally think bayo is much more like DMC I thoroughly enjoyed it as "this generations ninja gaiden"

But I digress. I'll be doing myself a favor in not really following the game, thus my non-existant hopes cannot be smashed.

MjFrancis said:

And on the other side of the spectrum are folks who passed on Uncharted 2 because it had a multiplayer component. There are extremes on both sides.

Brannon

MMaRsu said:
Who didn't love the store? Weapons upgrade over time? Sounds dumb.

Probably going to try to squeeze in some hackneyed Online Pass to get you to want to buy it new, like Dead Space 2.

And like Dead Space 2, no one is going to give a flying shitfuck about the online mode.

MjFrancis

_dementia said:
And on the other side of the spectrum are folks who passed on Uncharted 2 because it had a multiplayer component. There are extremes on both sides.
Clearly, as evidenced by Corky of whom I was casually rebutting.

HYDE said:
Hopefully they all went with Itagaki to Valhalla.

On a side note, count me in for one who wants more human bosses. Sick of most the atrocious monster designs.

I want more human enemies period. Maybe it was the gameplay design, or perhaps it is purely a superficial visual thing but in previous NGs I found fighting other human ninjas much more fun and satisfying than any of the power ranger monsters.

MjFrancis

Die Squirrel Die said:
I want more human enemies period.
Definitely. The monster designs vary from cool to puzzling, and aren't always aesthetically pleasing. Count me in as someone who was most impressed with the first few levels of Ninja Gaiden. They continue to be visually impressive and have a beautiful aesthetic. Fighting ninjas, samurai and other warriors always seemed to be the most fun I had in the series.

KingJ2002

as long as ninja gaiden 3 has the feel of the previous titles were it was increasingly challenging and not difficult for the sake of difficulty... then this will be a day one purchase.

I hope after this DOA V and some new IP's are around the corner.

benzy

hikarutilmitt said:
If the changes they made to Ayane's design for Sigma 2 are any indication, they'll do fine.

Her facial change looks good, but her outfit looked horrible.

I don't think I can forget Sigma 1's terrible Ayane either.

ninja-gaiden-sigma-ii-on-ps3-20090317070830455.jpg

Just got a glimpse of a scan. Holy smokes are ninjas juicy in this game.

Ninja Gaiden was rough and the sequel almost killed me. Bring it on!

Dynedom

As long as the frame-rate holds up, the camera isn't a pile of shit and the game isn't "cheap", I'm all for it.

Please for the love of god protect the frame-rate.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
More support might very well be present in some sort of minigames, not the full game for sure.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
There isn't much but a couple details are -

60 frames per second.
Blood is back.
Difficulty level won't be toned down for casual gamers.
There will be both competitive and cooperative modes. One or both will support up to 8 players.
The store is gone. Weapons will upgrade over time.
Greater emphasis on Ryu's story. No other playable characters planned yet.
May feature Move support.
BOOM! No purchase confirmed.

Sorry, "hardcore gamers," not wasting my time AGAIN on another cheap-ass game where I have to backtrack through areas where the enemies respawn each time I enter. Call me "casual" all you want, it's not going to increase your chances of making me give you my money any more. Fuck off, Team Ninja. You've had so much potential yet never delivered a fully awesome game.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
ok bye

I mean really with all the games out there why get mad that the one known for being challenging is still going to be challenging

Chopperman said:
ok bye

I mean really with all the games out there why get mad that the one known for being challenging is still going to be challenging
Because I'd love to play an awesome ninja game and most devs just add multiple difficulty options so a wide range of people with varying degrees of patience can all experience their game. This developer simply name-calls anyone who disagrees with their ultra-cheap design philosophy and basically slaps it on the back of the box as another bullet point.

edit: it's mostly frustrating because I fucking love the first half of the other two Ninja Gaiden games until the "difficulty" ramps up to ridiculous levels and then it's just not fun anymore. And for this third game they are parading the fact that they're not fixing the cheapness. It's like Motorstorm Apocalypse, how they kept the cheap rubberband AI in the game. I tolerated the first two games but I'm not wasting my money on a third game until I know that I can experience the whole thing without putting a DS3 through my TV.

Top Bottom