• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ninja Gaiden 3 Details (60 FPS, 8 Player Multi, Co-Op/Versus, More)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Ayane is damn great in Sigma 2 ( I say this a lot, I know) I just hope that after this game Neo-Team Ninja make a spin off focus fully on her, they can expand the Ninja Gaiden universe and try new shit they don't dare to do it with Hayabusa because of the fans, it will be win-win for everyone I guess.

Totobeni said:
Ayane is damn great in Sigma 2 ( I say this a lot, I know) I just hope that after this game Neo-Team Ninja make a spin off focus fully on her, they can expand the Ninja Gaiden universe and try new shit they don't dare to do it with Hayabusa because of the fans, it will be win-win for everyone I guess.

Umm......

Totobeni said:
they could call it ninja gaiden gaiden

Don

I hope that if they have other playable characters, they don't make you switch between them during the campaign mode.

I enjoyed playing as the other characters in Sigma 1 and 2, but would rather have their missions in a separate mode similar to something like the Ada side stories in RE4.

Pimpbaa

Totobeni said:

An Ayane and/or Kasumi game would be a hell of a lot more interesting than Ryu running around in tight ninja gear.

The Lamonster said:
Because I'd love to play an awesome ninja game and most devs just add multiple difficulty options so a wide range of people with varying degrees of patience can all experience their game. This developer simply name-calls anyone who disagrees with their ultra-cheap design philosophy and basically slaps it on the back of the box as another bullet point.

How was black ever ultra cheap? Perhaps learn how to calm down, improve yourself and overcome the obstacles in your path rather than lay the blame on what you perceive to be "cheap" game design.

Or you could just get over your hatred of pink ribbons.

Spirit of Jazz said:
How was black ever ultra cheap? Perhaps learn how to calm down, improve yourself and overcome the obstacles in your path rather than lay the blame on what you perceive to be "cheap" game design.

Or you could just get over your hatred of pink ribbons.

Because that way you'd have to blame yourself for your failures, instead of the game. Obviously this is not an option.

Tain

I loved the respawning enemies, too. The combat is way more fun than running through empty rooms, so hey, give me enemies.

Pimpbaa said:
An Ayane and/or Kasumi game would be a hell of a lot more interesting than Ryu running around in tight ninja gear.

No, it really wouldn't. Just ask Tecmo, they sacked DOA: Code Cronus which was exactly that.

Zeliard

Pimpbaa said:

Is this the "I have to play as a female in RPGs because I don't want to stare at a dude's ass" line of thinking?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Zeliard said:
Is this the "I have to play as a female in RPGs because I don't want to stare at a dude's ass" line of thinking?

don't know about Pimpbaa, and I like Haybusa's butt, but Ayane gameplay in Sigma 2 is freaking fantastic and was one of the best best things of Sigma 2, it will be a complete waste if they don't expand that and put her in a full game, It deserve to have a spin off imho.

Pimpbaa

AlphaDragoon said:
No, it really wouldn't. Just ask Tecmo, they sacked DOA: Code Cronus which was exactly that.

Yes, it really would. I mean team ninja games have shitty stories and characters. At least if it had Kasumi or Ayane you'd have some bouncing tits to look at rather than some horribly boring generic ninja.

Pimpbaa said:
Yes, it really would. I mean team ninja games have shitty stories and characters. At least if it had Kasumi or Ayane you'd have some bouncing tits to look at rather than some horribly boring generic ninja.

Kasumi and Ayane are horribly boring generic ninjas.

Ryu Hayabusa is Ryu Hayabusa.

There's a difference.

Pimpbaa

AlphaDragoon said:
Kasumi and Ayane are horribly boring generic ninjas.

Ryu Hayabusa is Ryu Hayabusa.

There's a difference.

Team Ninja's Ryu Hayabusa is like every other male character Team Ninja created. Totally lacking character or anything remotely interesting. It's the same for the females but they have big bouncing breasts and skimpy outfits to make them interesting (to straight guys at least).

MjFrancis

Zeliard said:
It's a popular train of thought, and for good reason. Given the choice in any game I'll opt for the sweet lady cheeks over the man spandex.

Pimpbaa said:
Team Ninja's Ryu Hayabusa is like every other male character Team Ninja created. Totally lacking character or anything remotely interesting. It's the same for the females but they have big bouncing breasts and skimpy outfits to make them interesting (to people who can actually get off on bland doll-like video game characters at least).

Believe it or not, there are straight guys who don't get turned on by polygons. Especially the creepy same face DOA models.

And Team Ninja's Ryu (while yes, being somewhat bastardized from the real, NES NG Ryu) does have character. It's an overused archetype (mostly silent, brooding badass character) but it is there, and Team Ninja isn't the only group guilty of using it by a long shot (see Kratos).

benzy

I think Hayabusa's design is pretty badass. I don't see anything wrong with his tight fitted outfit; it's a similar design to American superheroes wearing tights. As for his character, all he needs to do is rape the shit out of anything in his path. There's no need for him to have an in-your-face personality, trash talk like Dante, or any other nonsense. The quiet, expressionless Ryu Hayabusa works for me.

561532_20030724_screen004.jpg

ngg9nzx.gif

MjFrancis

The costume you got in Black for clearing on easy or normal was my favorite. I wish Team Ninja would get on board and make costume changes available from the start or throughout the game instead of upon completion of the game, when I shelve it and never play it again. I don't typically replay many action games, and the same uninspired design becomes more boring with each passing hour I play.

It's not a make or break feature, but a bullet-point worth shaping up.

rvy

Banned
Just looked at some better scans. Man, Ryu's arms are even more disgusting than the last time I mentioned them. His new suit is pretty cool though. Looks a bit fiendish.

Aye, need gameplay, stat.

Khal_B

I'll get this for the Wii-U whenever it's released. Hopefully they add some AA. Graphics of multiplat games on current consoles are starting to wear on me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BladeRunner12 said:
I don't think these have been posted? Some new screenshots here.
Hmm, did it get an upgrade or something?

I guess this is the new thread now, but someone posted in the old thread about hearing a rumor which says you can select different "playstlyes" in the gamescom build of NG3. There's a video about it on youtube and in the old thread too but I don't have the time to find the old thread.

a.wd

Sorry, I havent gone through this in much detail, but are there any other weapon types than the katana in NG 3?

Mechazawa

While I realize this is an old thread, the mentality of the first page is something that I see repeated too often and it seriously annoys me.

Itagaki nor Hayashi are one man armies. And while they're both big fish in their own right, there were other very important members of Team Ninja, some of them taking up extremely high roles within the production of games like Ninja Gaiden 2 and that now currently reside at Valhalla Studios.

Robot Pants

Mechazawa said:
While I realize this is an old thread, the mentality of the first page is something that I see repeated too often and it seriously annoys me.

Itagaki nor Hayashi are one man armies. And while they're both big fish in their own right, there were other very important members of Team Ninja, some of them taking up extremely high roles within the production of games like Ninja Gaiden 2 and that now currently reside at Valhalla Studios.

Yes we know. That's why we refer to Team Ninja as "Team Ninja Dog".

Top Bottom