• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ninja Gaiden 3 Details (60 FPS, 8 Player Multi, Co-Op/Versus, More)

szaromir

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
The TN approach is mostly identical, except you can't skip some of the cutscenes until they finish loading.

I mean, do you seriously give a shit what Gamov and the masked man are talking about in front of the fountain? Really?
The cutscenes in TN games are 30 seconds long and are supposed to be pointless. The cutscenes in Bayonetta are up to 15 minutes long and look like they are supposed to tell you some story... kinda. The story is ridiculously bad and that's why DMC/Bayo approach is much worse.

Tain

Yeah, this could be cool. I actually like the decision to remove the store. That could mean more developer control over potions and the like, which would make me less skeptical about the difficulty promise.

Don

StuBurns said:
Even the film strip stuff?
Those were probably the only scenes that felt a bit a lacking.

A few of those still had quite a bit of humour in them, but they would have been a lot better if they were fully animated like the other scenes.

rvy

Banned
Smision said:
emphasis on stories is killing gaming. it takes away from time they could be using to make the game better.
Oh, couldn't agree more. I thought Stuburns meant that they were poorly done.

sounds good all around. just have a better camera and i'll be pleased. oh, and please don't sell characters separately, make them unlockable.

i don't believe there will be only one playable.

AAK

Smision said:
emphasis on stories is killing gaming. it takes away from time they could be using to make the game better.

Greater Emphasis =! Emphasis

NO where does it say that story is getting greater priority over gameplay. They're just putting a little more effort into it. I'm for it... I always enjoy a good narrative.

If you don't like it, skip the cutscenes. Everyone wins.

FrankT

Got my OXM today with the same info/shots. Release date dtb 2012. New path and new features it says. I guess we shall see.

Raide

Co-op = more gore.

Hopefully they have a Versus mode where you have 4 Ninja's Vs 4 Demonspawn. :D

Maybe a Horde mode too!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
looking forward to its E3 showing now

Really curious of the multiplayer modes

mave198

Kinda like the no store to upgrade your weapons idea.

A system where the better you play, the more you can upgrade or more powerful your weapon will be is ideal to me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ShockingAlberto said:
Hayashi has yet to do anything original in a post-Itagaki Team Ninja.

Other M?

Meanwhile: Problem with Hayashi is that he tweaks ANYTHING that doesn't need to be tweaked. Sigma's? Add's new shitty bosses that weren't needed.

Granted, I'm thankful he BALANCED Sigma 2 when Ninja Gaiden 2 was a hot mess, but COME ON.

Edit: And Team Missions need to be less insane, I still have 6 missions
LOL NOT ANYMORE IF MY PS3's SAVES CAN'T BE RECOVERED. FFFFFFFFFFFFF.
left to complete for the Team Mission complete trophy. >_> <_< and those are Master Ninja/Ultimate Ninja that requires you to glitch out the AI to have a chance.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Dreams-Visions said:
I don't see how Move support works for NG.

It seems like you'd have to slow the action, which Ninja Gaiden fans will find unacceptable.

It might be some extra mode or move mini game or something ( something like MGS Rising tech demo ).

Giolon

Smision said:

I couldn't disagree more. I love a game with a great story. As for Bayonetta, I thought the filmstrips were a clever way to deal with budget and time constraints. NG3 has a lot to live up to after the gameplay of Bayonetta though, IMO.

AAK

_dementia said:
How was it in Sigma 2? I never played it.

Just a bunch of missions where you kill all the bad guys either by yourself with a computer AI assisting you or online with a buddy.

It was divided into 4 sections: Acolyte, Warrior, Mentor, Master Ninja, Grand Master Ninja

Bosses started entering the fray in Mentor Mode, and Grand Master Ninja had you fight multiple bosses simultaneously.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
_dementia said:
How was it in Sigma 2? I never played it.

The co-op was completely separated, you play with a friend in some of the maps/level from the Story mode against Ninja and bosses, so I think they will keep the same idea for the co-op and competitive, I doubt it's story co-op.

I never played it.

o_O you have a PS3 right? , seriously get it NOW, Ayane alone is so worth it, she is so freaking amazing.

TheSeks said:
Other M?

Meanwhile: Problem with Hayashi is that he tweaks ANYTHING that doesn't need to be tweaked. Sigma's? Add's new shitty bosses that weren't needed.

Granted, I'm thankful he BALANCED Sigma 2 when Ninja Gaiden 2 was a hot mess, but COME ON.

Edit: And Team Missions need to be less insane, I still have 6 missions
LOL NOT ANYMORE IF MY PS3's SAVES CAN'T BE RECOVERED. FFFFFFFFFFFFF.
left to complete for the Team Mission complete trophy. >_> <_< and those are Master Ninja/Ultimate Ninja that requires you to glitch out the AI to have a chance.

Hell, I still need to play it online with someone, myself. The AI is shit for playing co-op so getting some of the missions completed is just impossible after a certain point.

Totobeni said:
o_O you have a PS3 right? , seriously get it NOW, Ayane alone is so worth it, she is so freaking amazing.

<3 Ayane in every game she's in. She's fun as hell to use in Sigma 2, even with such low damage output. I'm expecting her and several other NG/Ryu-related DOA characters to show up in NG3 for multiplayer (maybe Kasumi and Ein/Hayate?)

Totobeni said:
The co-op was completely separated, you play with a friend in some of the maps/level from the Story mode against Ninja and bosses, so I think they will keep the same idea for the co-op and competitive, I doubt it's story co-op.

The really should balance the missions whether you're playing alone or with others, unlike Sigma 2, the lag was just bad man V_V

General Shank-a-snatch said:
8 player co-op goddamn. This might be the first Ninja Gaiden game I'll purchase.
This is probably the saddest thing in this thread, besides the move support thing.

If there's no traditional length sp this game is going to be garbage.

8 player multiplayer is fucking ludicrous for the genre. Games like MVC2 and MK9 struggle enough in getting 1 on 1 play down right; to add another 6 players to a genre that would be equally dependant on frame data in competitive play seems like a miss-step.

I can't see how an "improved" story will enhance a genre that relies on stupidly over-the-top combat, especially based on every TN story we've seen so far. I'm pretty indifferent on the shop news, and lukewarm on the difficulty talk given I doubt Hayashi will deliver.

I fully expect another iteration of Black that's significantly worst than Black with a whole load of shitty gimmicks that don't work in. Essentially what we got with the 2 Sigma titles, in fact I expect the lack of shitty gimmicks is what caused Hayashi to come to the conclusion that NG2/Bayonetta were stuck in the past.

Then again I'd like to be proven wrong and end up with an excellent action game.

UrbanRats said:
May feature Move support.
UGH, NO PLEASE!

wtf? It would be optional so what's the problem with that? Some ppl like Move. More Move support is good for those who have bought it and want more content for it.

TrojanBlade said:
wtf? It would be optional so what's the problem with that? Some ppl like Move. More Move support is good for those who have bought it and want more content for it.
What the fuck is Move going to add to a Ninja Gaiden game?

benzy

TrojanBlade said:

Any time wasted on adding Move support could be used productively on something else that actually matters in a NG game.

Skilletor

MTMBStudios said:

The ability for those who wish to use their move controllers to play it?

I return the sentiment: How the fuck is an OPTION a bad thing?

MTMBStudios said:

You don't have to use it. They aren't going to build the game around Move, they'll build it around traditional controls and then figure out how to get Move to work on it. That's basically how all non-exclusive Move titles have worked.

Giolon

Look at all of you ripping on multiplayer already. Give it a chance before condeming it. You haven't even seen anything of it yet and it's already the worst thing since SEGA killed your pony.

If you're not interested - don't play it. But don't begrudge some potential innovation in the genre just b/c you can't figure out how it would fit.

Let it actually come out and be garbage, then shit on it. Or, perhaps it'll come out, be brilliant, and change the evolution of the genre for the better.

I thought the co-op in NGS2 was quite a lot of fun when the netcode worked properly, and even solo w/ an AI partner.

Top Bottom