• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Street Fighter IV Famitsu scan revealed Chun Li, E Honda, etc

alba

Little is the new Big
wowowow, awesome! I was a bit worried with only the ryu/ken screenshots over and and over but man, this is goddamn kickass!

careksims

Chun LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!! The Thunder Thigh Goddess is back! Wow the others look great. Capcom am redeemed! I also agree that Ryu and Ken need a make-over.

E. Honda has a hell of a six pack in these shots. I'm surprised that there's this many returning fighters. There are going to be new characters in this game right?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Need better gameplay pics. =/

Ok, cool. You got the original cast. Now bring on more originals + SF3 characters. :D

Varshes

2uczol

2s5kz2

3bwx8l

Ploid 3.0

What pictures are you guys looking at? I got the 5 or so frm the first link but they are scans with smal pictures. I can bearly make any detail out. Can't wait for this game. From the reaction it show a lot of promise. I can't see the pictures in the second post, nor download them (ps3 browser saves as corrupt file).

Edit: Ok post 61 is what I had. Thought someone said something about HD screens. Looks good though, can't wait for better screens (bigger, hd).

fernoca

Nice..though the problem is the same problem I find in many of Capcom's fighting games..
Change the costumes already!!

One thing I love in games like Soulcalibur, Tekken, Mortal Kombat....is being excited about their possible looks in a sequel and then finally seeing their new looks..clothes..hairdos...etc...

But Street Fighter, Darkstalkers...they have been wearing the same costumes for...ever..
I mean, I'm not asking for a completely new look...just something a little different..

Still great pics..better than the usual scans..we usually get..finally someone in Japan knows how to use a scanner..instead of taking pictures at the magazine.. :p

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Looks good in little images. I worry about the HD pics.

Why does Capcom keep showing off this game so early in development? The teaser shots are out there, now keep quiet until you've got some new characters and stages to show. I'll take anything they give me, but it right now this feels more like Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival HD EX than a true sequel.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
fernoca said:
Nice..though the problem is the same problem I find in many of Capcom's fighting games..
Change the costumes already!!

I kind of second this. At least for characters who don't show up in SF3 (i.e. everyone else sans Ryu, Ken, Chun Li).

h3ro

Sweet, we're getting 2 different HD remixes of SFII! :D

Looks good, hopefully the new characters are somewhat of a departure from what we've already seen...

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Yeah I hope they atleast have fairly different alternate costumes, like a DOA or Tekken. So far the Street Fighter II characters and the SNK KOF rip off looking fighter don't match so much.

Everything is good except for Dhalism. WTF, HOW CAN YOU BE SUPER BONY AND BUFF?

Also, nothing in the world will be able to fix Ken's ugly ass. Ryu is alright looking though.

h3ro

What I don't get is why they changed how the two most important (popular?) characters in the series look yet left all the other characters looking pretty much the same. After seeing the pics and art of the other characters, I really don't understand what Capcom was going after with Ryu and Ken...

kurahadol

This is the kind of update I've been waiting for from Capcom, not more ridiculous expressions from Ryu and Ken. Thanks to this, I'm now looking forward to the game as much as I was when it was first announced.

Hunahan

Banned
Zangief looks so badass. Nice.

...but yeah, the costume complaint is somewhat valid. Never really thought about that until now.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
h3ro said:
What I don't get is why they changed how the two most important (popular?) characters in the series look yet left all the other characters looking pretty much the same. After seeing the pics and art of the other characters, I really don't understand what Capcom was going after with Ryu and Ken...
It's due to the size of these images. Ken and Ryu also looked the same in little pictures and low res video clips.

Christopher

I'm not getting Street Fighter II: HD Remix and this - I think I'll oversaturate myself on the whole concept of Street Fighter II.

Looks cool - and I def dig the style.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
you guys are strange..

er..

I think Dhalsim shots look awesome personally.

actually the Sim and Guile shots are best...

fuck yeah this game will rule.. i knew it.. fuck everyone..

erlim said:
Yeah I hope they atleast have fairly different alternate costumes, like a DOA or Tekken. So far the Street Fighter II characters and the SNK KOF rip off looking fighter don't match so much.

Yeah, really. It's technically 3D, alternate costumes is pretty much standard now in the 21st century for 3D fighters. It's not like they have to make it pixel by pixel for each sprite like the old days any more for an excuse.

IzumiK

Banned
Greatness Gone said:
I'm pretty sure they aren't even close to releasing this. Really expecting Early-Mid 2009.

How can you even conclude to that when it's probably going to be SF3's system + new graphics + old characters?

I'm probably thinking those classic 8 are 1/3 or even half of the characters going to be available. And SF is always storyless as always.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I love Chun-li's modern look (she looks more asian) but I can't help but be sad that they never changed her outfit......ever.

Holy shit @ how buff E. Honda is

It's amazing how SFII everyone looks, no liberties taken with any of these costumes.

And Crimson Viper looks better ingame than I expected. Bring on the original characters!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Hcoregamer00 said:
I love Chun-li's modern look (she looks more asian) but I can't help but be sad that they never changed her outfit......ever.

Who's gonna make her?

Honestly still can't make out very much in those scans. It is good to see them again for sure. But still....larger pics plz, Capcom!

KingJ2002

wow... the characters look great! blanka came out looking great so did chun li (even though she looks like she can kick through steel)

i wonder tho...

thats 9 characters so far... 8 classic 1 newcomer... it looks like the roster might be pretty big. i wouldnt be surprised if it were tekken-esque... or maybe VF style.

Top Bottom