• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tyler the Creator album announced - Scum Fuck Flower Boy

janoDX

Sees this early on the thread.

DEEg9ZmUIAAcdEb.jpg

I will use it as the main cover for the album.

Drip drip

+ Congrats to Tyler on his coming out

I doubt he's 100% serious, but I think the point he's simply trying to make in that line is that it isn't a big deal and it shouldn't be. Also Tyler likes doing a lot of things just for shock value, its how his brand was partly created and why he became the well-known artist he is today, but for him this line sounds more like him having a pro-LGBTQ stance, rather than actually coming out,

MazeHaze

Banned
Features. That's Can on the first track, or at least a prominent sample.
Has to be a sample, I don't think Damo Suzuki fucks w Can anymore. He's also not into doing studio work at all, he just plays live AFAIK. Even his album with Omar Rodriguez Lopez is just a live 30 minute jam.

Jocund

I doubt he's 100% serious, but I think the point he's simply trying to make in that line is that it isn't a big deal and it shouldn't be. Also Tyler likes doing a lot of things just for shock value, its how his brand was partly created and why he became the well-known artist he is today, but for him this line sounds more like him having a pro-LGBTQ stance, rather than actually coming out,

Considering the texture of this album, I think he is absolutely serious. There's little to none of the patented Tyler shock value on this project. I like what you say about it not being a big deal, but he can make that point and be totally honest at the same time.

Lunaniem

It's not 1 line, it's a whole song.

https://genius.com/Tyler-the-creator-garden-shed-lyrics

This album is dope as fuck.

You can tell why he released Who Dat Boy and 911 / Mr. Lonely ahead of the album release though. None of this other stuff sounds like his usual stuff.

Edit: Oh, I Ain't Got Time does.

Been waiting for something from their group to acknowledge the leak or something. Tyler, Jasper, and Earl have been completely quiet.

Mike G's the only one who's said anything.

It's so hard with Tyler. Especially when half of his albums are characters not him speaking. I've read the lyrics to that song but I haven't read/listened to the rest to get the context.

Damn, the more I listen to the album, the more I like it. Still can't pick a favorite, as I'm still partial to 911 / Mr. Lonely due to it releasing earlier than the album leaked, so I've listened to it the most.

He came out?

Wasn't he being homophobic to frank ocean back in the day
Absolutely not. He was actually justifying his use of the f-word because of how accepting he was of Frank coming out. Also, he hasn't been that way since like Wolf in 2013.

It's so hard with Tyler. Especially when half of his albums are characters not him speaking. I've read the lyrics to that song but I haven't read/listened to the rest to get the context.
Huh? Most of this album is him though. There's a little bit of his inner conscience (Dr. TC) in Glitter, but that's it. According to the storyline he's been building, I'm pretty sure he killed most of his alternate personalities in one of his songs. Can't remember if that was the last album or the album before that. I don't even recall him doing much of his other personality stuff on Cherry Bomb.

Unless you're referring to all the features he has on all his songs.

Kind of annoying that the version of Who Dat Boy on the album is the wrong version. For some reason Tyler put in the version from the music video with sound effects and the bit from 911 at the end.

Anung

Un Rama
Will give this a listen today. Really enjoyed everything I've heard of this album so far so I'm anticipating this in a way I usually don't with Tyler.

The albums ending is underwhelming with Glitter and then the instrumental track for me (not that they both aren't great), and when I don't really "feel" an albums ending it gets knocked down a bit personally, but the rest is incredible.
Can't wait to play it more.

See You Again is the best. Removed Sometimes from my playlist almost immediately though. It's only like 10 seconds of music. Like, it sounds great, but it's not worthwhile to listen to. Like I mentioned earlier, had to drop the album version of Who Dat Boy for the single. I complained on the OFWGKTA subreddit, but some other guy who bought it on iTunes said it's the correct version over there, so it might just be Spotify that has the wrong version.

Anybody watch this?

Great show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1MmVFMNT-c

The albums ending is underwhelming with Glitter and then the instrumental track for me (not that they both aren't great), and when I don't really "feel" an albums ending it gets knocked down a bit personally, but the rest is incredible.
Can't wait to play it more.
Whoa, what do you have against Glitter?

See You Again is the best. Removed Sometimes from my playlist almost immediately though. It's only like 10 seconds of music. Like, it sounds great, but it's not worthwhile to listen to. Like I mentioned earlier, had to drop the album version of Who Dat Boy for the single. I complained on the OFWGKTA subreddit, but some other guy who bought it on iTunes said it's the correct version over there, so it might just be Spotify that has the wrong version.

Anybody watch this?

Great show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1MmVFMNT-c

Whoa, what do you have against Glitter?
I like Glitter and the outro, I just don't feel them as ending tracks, I need the last song on an album to hit me like its the last track up front.

Top Bottom