• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii Game Announcement Coming (if it isn't NiGHTS, ONM gets banned)

omg rite said:
BTW, I don't wanna.. you know, get anyone's hopes up or anything but uhm..

952076brp.jpg
200214b.jpg

It seems like Sega are never gonna live down that Next-gen Sonic game no matter how many games like VF5, Secret Rings and Virtua Tennis 3 they release.

Linkup

Kafel said:
Erm.

EGM is supposed to reveal secret games for the Wii in its next issue, someone has read that ?

( Go Nintendo )

They'll all end up unveiling the same thing.

edit: We already know this and I don't expect anything big, but we'll see.

ZeoVGM

Banned
PowerSmell said:
It seems like Sega are never gonna live down that Next-gen Sonic game no matter how many games like VF5, Secret Rings and Virtua Tennis 3 they release.

Correct.

And Secret Rings isn't THAT good.

ethelred

omg rite said:
Correct.

And Secret Rings isn't THAT good.

That's a fine stance to take, but don't subsequently get annoyed when people say that Nintendo will never live down Sunshine/Hunters/Geist/AC and use those games to shit on every game later announced to be developed or published by the company.

ZeoVGM

Banned
ethelred said:
That's a fine stance to take, but don't subsequently get annoyed when people say that Nintendo will never live down Sunshine/Hunters/Geist/AC and use those games to shit on every game later announced to be developed or published by the company.

Uh..

People DON'T say Nintendo will never live down Sunshine, Hunters, or .. Animal Crossing?

Who says that besides a couple people who just happen not to like them. Hunters, I'll let slide. It's disliked by enough people. But to act like Sunshine is even ****ing CLOSE to the same quality of Sonic Next-Gen is flat out stupidity. You're trying WAY too hard to make a point here. I'm shocked you just tried to compare Sunshine to Sonic 360. :lol :lol

And Animal Crossing? You're just blabbing off random Nintendo games that YOU personally don't like.

Wow man. That's just silly.

effzee

wait how do we know its a sega game? maybe i missed it cause this is a massive thread but they just big game and provided that pic right?

ant1532

Banned
Some of you are being stupid for saying you shouldn't get your hopes up, Sega hasn't been too good at reviving games and then shows a 2d to 3d game transition for example.

D-X

Naka has left so someone else may have given the green light for this

The Wii remote fulfils the vision Sonic Team had for Air NiGHTS and its detachable analogue pad controller cable

NiGHTS has made cameos in Sega Superstars and Sonic Riders recently

There was a poll and NiGHTS was included

(yes the last 2 were tenuous links)

Terrell

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Even if it is Nights, how much you want to bet it is farmed out to like Backbone or something.
Wasn't this rumored to be the first project of Yuji Naka's team, PROPE? I remember there was some confusion about the rumor of a new NiGHTS when it was originally rumored by Famitsu.

LM4sure

Banned
I never played Nights but the character design looks like shit. Can I emulate this game on pc to see what the hype is about?

Kafel

Banned
It has to be Nights but it will be a little news like :

"We know by a close source that Nights will be released by the studio Prope at the end of the year. Thx for buying the mag."

big_z

dsc00961qp2fw9.jpg

There's a snes game that has a box art or title screen that looks very similar to that... i just cant remember what it is off hand.

big_z said:
dsc00961qp2fw9.jpg

There's a snes game that has a box art or title screen that looks very similar to that... i just cant remember what it is off hand.

Not SNES, but it looks like it would be a solid hint for StarTropics. If anyone cared about that game besides GAF.

Realistically though, I doubt 2 magazines would simultaneously run a big feature on the same new game, and EGM confirms in their next issue preview that more than one big supersecret Wii game will be unveiled, so what could NGamer's be? I'm thinking big Nintendo game + picture of the Earth = Animal Crossing 2 (or 3). Everyone was talking about it as the game to be revealed at GDC, but Nintendo got gag ordered by the Yakuza.

big_z

Grecco said:
250px-Iogbox.jpg

This one?

Yeah that came to mind but i could swear the planet was only on the bottom.... i would love another game in the series though.

Star Ocean crossed my mind too...
250px-Star_Ocean_SFC.jpg

star_ocean_2_ost.jpg

Pureauthor said:
On the flip side, if this does turn out to deliver, is ONM redeemed or what?

Considering that they've already started the process of backpedaling and "Oh, well, um"ing in this thread, I'm saying no.

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
MaestroRyan said:
if it's an april fools joke, which it will be, we should ban wii game announcements

best idea ive heard all week. seriously.

when does this issue come out / we find out? itll get leaked bc its ONM right?

The subscription site for the magazine says it's out on April 13th. Which not only would be far too late for an April Fools joke, but is also a long wait. This thread is going to be retarded by then.

TheGreatDave said:
The subscription site for the magazine says it's out on April 13th. Which not only would be far too late for an April Fools joke, but is also a long wait. This thread is going to be retarded by then.

Well isn't NGamer out on the 23rd or the 26th? Staggered release schedule.

BrodiemanTTR said:
Well isn't NGamer out on the 23rd or the 26th? Staggered release schedule.

Yeah, which makes it seem like they may not be talking about the same thing. OR neither of them is actally getting the first reveal.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's the sequel to NiGHTS called DaYS. You play as a garbage man that picks up garbage. Sometimes you find something good. Other times you don't. Those are your average DaYS. DaYS...into screams. Produced by Yuji Naka's cleaning lady, with music by Cameron Diaz.

Kafel said:
Erm.

EGM is supposed to reveal secret games for the Wii in its next issue, someone has read that ?

( Go Nintendo )

Not true. If you read it in context, the paragraph in question gives no indication that the games to be previewed are for Wii.

Top Bottom