• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii Game Announcement Coming (if it isn't NiGHTS, ONM gets banned)

Nakasan

BrandNew said:
Oh ****: Wasn't Alien Syndrome...like, a classic Sega game and is now being remade?

Something tells me it's that.

Yes it was, but thats the extent of it fitting the "unknown game's" profile. It'd be neither a world exclusive - or new. It's been known about for quite some time I beleive.

Also, the "unknown game" is NiGHTS. Be-fricken-lieve.

Nakasan

The "unknown game" is NiGHTS. Be-FRICKEN-lieve!!

..yeah, I've tried so hard to not get my hopes up. But up they are. They really, really, are.

Think there's any chance that it might be Phantasy Star V? That would fit with the star theme in ONM as well as that mysterious planet image from the other mag.

seaandthebells said:
Think there's any chance that it might be Phantasy Star V? That would fit with the star theme in ONM as well as that mysterious planet image from the other mag.

That would be equally awesome. Hope it's not and Online, though.

Still, ONM should be banned if that's the case, cause it's OBVIOUSLY the Nights dude in their teaser.

ethelred

seaandthebells said:

A new Rieko Kodama RPG such as Phantasy Star V or Skies of Arcadia 2 or something totally new as long as it's headed by Kodama is just about the only acceptable alternate Sega announcement. Anything else results in mass decapitations at ONM.

BrandNew said:
Still, ONM should be banned if that's the case, cause it's OBVIOUSLY the Nights dude in their teaser.

That's true, ban 'em anyway.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
ethelred said:
A new Rieko Kodama RPG such as Phantasy Star V or Skies of Arcadia 2 or something totally new as long as it's headed by Kodama is just about the only acceptable alternate Sega announcement. Anything else results in mass decapitations at ONM.

That's true, ban 'em anyway.

You know it's going to be Phantasy Star V starring Shadow developed by Sonic Team USA with voice work by Michael Madsen and Mark Hamil.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
You know it's going to be Phantasy Star V starring Shadow developed by Sonic Team USA with voice work by Michael Madsen and Mark Hamil.
And Nights will actually be in the game, but only because he's going to transform into Shadow's fighter jet. That way, ONM will claim complete innocence.

JDSN

Banned
Is twilight rockstar getting banned too?

The guy is from ONM but he answered many of our questions about Twilight Princess.

http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/index.htm

nightsintodreams said:
Well, I'd be lying if i was to say i know nothing about NiGHTS (2). As a matter of fact we've been pretty well informed for about half a year now on a lot of juicy (and not so juicy) details. But as admin of the fanbase i felt i had to keep my mouth shut to protect the game so early in its production. This is no net rumor. It's real. Which is why i've been trying to get people to give their opinions to Sega for the past few months. If you did, thanks, if you didn't, well...

Many months have passed since the last E3 and the generic gaming media is all over NiGHTS 2 rumors like i dunno what, this week in particular after ONM's world exclusive teaser here in the UK and *****'s 'CONFIRMED' news yesterday morning. Speaking of which DiGi bought me a clear scan of ONM on Tuesday, check it out in the ARTiCLES/News section. This is no April Fools hoax, let that be clear. And if it is then it doesn't really matter as there are NiGHTS games in production. So rather than sit back and play dumb i think as loyal fans of 11 damn years you deserve the truth. And i want to be the one to give it to you straight at the heart of the fanbase.

Yes NiGHTS 2 is happening. Yes it's real. And yes i knew a lot about it months ago. But i will respect ONM's World Exclusive and refrain from giving away game/character details or the games title. I find it exciting yet also find it slightly worrying. Visitors to the old forums will recall the sequel topics. I'll say no more.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
ant1532 said:
I wouldn't believe shit just because an admin of a fan site said it was true lol
I don't know. I'd actually hold the admin of a fansite to word on this.

If he's lying, then his visitors would surely lynch him and his family and his family's little dog.

byproduct

The Amiga Brotherhood
Would the chances of this sequel including the original be high do you think considering how few have played the original or even heard of it, and considering the game is probably too big to be included in the Virtual Console? If it included the original I'd buy it even if the new game was "PS3 Sonic bad".

Haunted

byproduct said:
Would the chances of this sequel including the original be high do you think considering how few have played the original or even heard of it, and considering the game is probably too big to be included in the Virtual Console? If it included the original I'd buy it even if the new game was "PS3 Sonic bad".
Don't you ****ing jinx this!

I want to discuss this, but we should, nay, we can't get our hopes up just yet. All signs point in one direction, but before it's confirmed and official, you'll find me in that corner, praying.

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
RubxQub said:
I don't know. I'd actually hold the admin of a fansite to word on this.

If he's lying, then his visitors would surely lynch him and his family and his family's little dog.

QFT.

NiGHTS confirmed, get your vasoline gaf

In a dream, I could see You are not far away, Anytime, anyplace I can see your face, You're that special one that I have been waiting for, And I hope you're looking for someone like me In my dreams I can hear you calling me In the night everythings so sweet In your eyes I feel there's so much inside *

In the nights,dream delight I want to see you standing there In the nights,dream delight I've found someone who really cares In the nights,dream delight I want to see you smile again In the nights,dream delight You're the one I've waited for*

In a dream we can do everything we want to There's no where I'd rather be but here with you The stars above light the way only for you and I I'm so glad I've found the one I've been looking for Keep the dream of the one you're hoping for Love can come through an open door Just be strong and you're sure to find the one

this song was incredible when you joice up the saturn :D

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Oh, well now we have the triumvirate of awesome. Nighttrain, *****, and nightsintodreams.com.

I'd really like for it to be true. :)

ethelred

Great, Johnny Nightrain joins ONM and ***** at the party.

The fact that these confirmations keep coming from sources with the shoddiest of credibility is the thing that hurts the most for people who really want to believe it's happening.

lupin23rd

I don't want to read 10 more pages of this, so apologies if this has been posted already.

If not, I'm not going to read the next 10 pages of debate on this :lol

IGN's very own Matt posted something about this in his blog the other day:

"On a double side note, how about those crazy Wii rumors, huh? Nights? Katamari? Yes, please."

Do we (almost?) have confirmation that Katamari is coming to Wii? I wouldn't be surprised if he knows both are coming (or not coming) so maybe it's a hint. Maybe it's nothing.

m

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
imastalker co. said:
it's happening.

but who has faith in Sonic Team anymore?

no one right?

this guy is never wrong!

**** YEAH.

magiustra

A little OT:

Is it true that if you play Nights on your Saturn during certain "nights" (Christmas nights, for example) you gain access to new levels or something like that? I just can't remember...
Can WiiConnect24 be used for Nights on Wii (if the ONM's rumor turns out right, of course) in a similar way?

magiustra said:
A little OT:

Is it true that if you play Nights on your Saturn during certain "nights" (Christmas nights, for example) you gain access to new levels or something like that? I just can't remember...
Can WiiConnect24 be used for Nights on Wii (if the ONM's rumor turns out right, of course) in a similar way?

Christmas NiGHTS does it, regular NiGHTS doesn't. Christmas NiGHTS recognizes the following:

- Month of December (Kicks it into Xmas NiGHTS mode, otherwise it appears to be a normal demo)
- Christmas Eve (Santa flies by in his sled)
- New Year's (Claris and Elliot are wearing different outfits)
- April Fool's (NiGHTS becomes Reala)

The Wii has a system clock, so yes, they could do something similar if they wanted.

magiustra

Segata Sanshiro said:
Christmas NiGHTS does it, regular NiGHTS doesn't. Christmas NiGHTS recognizes the following:

- Month of December (Kicks it into Xmas NiGHTS mode, otherwise it appears to be a normal demo)
- Christmas Eve (Santa flies by in his sled)
- New Year's (Claris and Elliot are wearing different outfits)
- April Fool's (NiGHTS becomes Reala)

The Wii has a system clock, so yes, they could do something similar if they wanted.

I guess/I hope that the WiiConnect24 service will be used in Super Mario Galaxy too, to download new planet/levels during certain nights... Halloween Planet, Christmas Planet and so on... :)

temjin

Banned
I hope that the WiiConnect24 service will be used in Super Mario Galaxy too, to download new planet/levels during certain nights... Halloween Planet, Christmas Planet and so on...
That would be cool, but I seriously doubt it would happen.

So... when should people be getting Ngamer? Shouldn't it be in the next couple of days?
Also, someone should make a NiGHTS Neogaf "believe" avatar. >_>

bigmakstudios said:
So... when should people be getting Ngamer? Shouldn't it be in the next couple of days?
Also, someone should make a NiGHTS Neogaf "believe" avatar. >_>

Already come and gone..nothing of interest.

Already come and gone..nothing of interest.

Oh alright... just read that... :(
I really think that if it is NiGHTS, we'll find out before the next issue of ONM ships. Sega would definitely have a press release or something... maybe ONM has information on the game, but it'll be outdated by the time it ships? I mean... really, why the hell would Sega give this exclusive to ONM?

Top Bottom