• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Gundam series being teased? G-Tekketsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need a main female protag, just a female character that can pilot worth a damn (and actually pilot - as in going up against the aces, not just being a decent one and relying on the strength of her mech like Louise or smth).

Yeah, most of the female pilots are just mediocre at best. Other than Marida and Hamann who might be up against those ace male pilots, Four, Emma, Roux, Quess, Christina, Laura, Aida, etc are just too so-so.
Allenby, perhaps? Or do Laura/Loran count? I guess not. :p

Crocodile

Valvrave was trash of the worst kind. At first it started in "so bad its good". "I'll part the sea like Moses" is still a hilarious bit. But then Episode 10 happened. And then the "fallout" from episode 10. And then the entire second season which was just boring as SHIT. Sunrise has been trying to hit gold again after Code Geass became a smash hit but they've been failing for the past decade. I have no confidence they can do a "so bad its good" anime worth a damn. As such, I hope this Gundam is actually good and worth a damn. With the outlier of Gundam Build Fighters, Gundam TV shows haven't been good in like a decade or more. That's pathetic for a major IP like this one.

NEO0MJ

Yeah, most of the female pilots are just mediocre at best. Other than Marida and Hamann who might be up against those ace male pilots, Four, Emma, Roux, Quess, Christina, Laura, Aida, etc are just too so-so.
Allenby, perhaps? Or do Laura/Loran count? I guess not. :p

Allenby was a top tier fighter, even without berserk mode.

What about Marida?
12.jpg

I mean, yeah, she was piloting Kashatrya and Banshee for most of Unicorn, but I'm pretty sure she her skills were exceptional.

If you want to count that, then you might as well count Emma, Haman-Sama and Puru.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
If you want to count that, then you might as well count Emma, Haman-Sama and Puru.

Well Haman, sure.

Emma though? Although she's been mostly competent and confident in Zeta, she seems to have a tendency to keep fumbling at the last minute during battles.

I haven't gotten through ZZ yet, so I can't really talk about Puru. Garnering stuff from the Gundam games I've played though, she seems strong enough. Puru 2 on the other looks like one of those who again, either has mental issues or relies too much on strong suit.

And yes, I know Marida is technically the same person.

What about Marida?
12.jpg

I mean, yeah, she was piloting Kashatrya and Banshee for most of Unicorn, but I'm pretty sure she her skills were exceptional.
I love me some Marida Cruz,
even if she is just a rebadged Puru clone that has nightmares filled with images of Glemy Toto glaring at her prepubescent naked body.
I mean if they do a female protag make her look like Four. 80's as all hell, but still cute:
tumblr_nm6t65lO0N1r3t3h0o1_1280.jpg

Voror

It's counting down to a live press conference stream tomorrow at 12 noon in Japan, which will be streamed on the site worldwide with live translation into English. The mech reveal is just a teaser for fans.

Huh, is it normal for them to do that sort of thing or is this perhaps something new they're trying to generate more interest in the series?

Valvrave was trash of the worst kind. At first it started in "so bad its good". "I'll part the sea like Moses" is still a hilarious bit. But then Episode 10 happened. And then the "fallout" from episode 10. And then the entire second season which was just boring as SHIT. Sunrise has been trying to hit gold again after Code Geass became a smash hit but they've been failing for the past decade. I have no confidence they can do a "so bad its good" anime worth a damn. As such, I hope this Gundam is actually good and worth a damn. With the outlier of Gundam Build Fighters, Gundam TV shows haven't been good in like a decade or more. That's pathetic for a major IP like this one.

I feel like it shouldn't be this hard for them to hit on something that'll turn out well, but it seems that even whenever they do seem to be getting there they end up messing it up down the line. Lots of good ideas I think, but with bad execution.

duckroll

Huh, is it normal for them to do that sort of thing or is this perhaps something new they're trying to generate more interest in the series?

It's pretty normal these days. There's always a press conference event when they announce a new Gundam TV series. In the past before live streaming became the norm, it would just be teased online and then announced via news outlets during the day. Once live streaming became an option Bandai Namco was happy with, they've been embracing it.

FLAguy954

Yeah I know. Unicorn as a short mini-series had the benefit of a higher budget per episode, months of production and work on them, and releasing over several years.

If anything, I'd like them to go back to that art style. The Unicorn character designs were so distinct and different from most anime designs.

GundamUC07-2014-05-21-12h05m53s253.png

As long as tomino isn't directing, i'm there.

I agree with both of you. As long as Tomino isn't directing and with Unicorn's art style (with liberal use of CG ala 00), I'm in.

Voror

It's pretty normal these days. There's always a press conference event when they announce a new Gundam TV series. In the past before live streaming became the norm, it would just be teased online and then announced via news outlets during the day. Once live streaming became an option Bandai Namco was happy with, they've been embracing it.

I guess I never noticed due to not really becoming aware of the past two mainline series until they were already announced whereas with this one I was aware from the start of the tease. Well, I suppose it's not a bad thing their going with this sort of approach and it seems to have done a decent job with discussion and speculation.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I'd be surprised if they could maintain Unicorn's artstyle on a weekly production schedule and a TV budget. Remember what characters on try fighters looked like sometimes?

I love me some Marida Cruz,
even if she is just a rebadged Puru clone that has nightmares filled with images of Glemy Toto glaring at her prepubescent naked body.
I mean if they do a female protag make her look like Four. 80's as all hell, but still cute:
tumblr_nm6t65lO0N1r3t3h0o1_1280.jpg

That hella looks like CCA Char with green hair.

Hagi

Isn't it 15 hours from now.

It says 8 hours on the site.

The suit design is awesome can't wait to see it fully animated and then some HG mock ups. Hopefully the generic badguys MS are as baller as they were in G-Reco. Real Grade Grimoire when?

RangerBAD

So it's going to be a traditionally slim Gundam which is good to me. The armor hasn't been pulled in since it's at an assembly stage. I wonder if it actually means that it can actually disengage its armor for different types of armor rather than the "plug and play" system of SEED.

Jarmel

Banned
It says 8 hours on the site.

The suit design is awesome can't wait to see it fully animated and then some HG mock ups. Hopefully the generic badguys MS are as baller as they were in G-Reco. Real Grade Grimoire when?

They fucked up the timer. 1 hour to go.

Crocodile

So since this announcement will be English subbed, should I take this as a sign Bandai might be interested in bringing this to the West (subbed or dubbed) or is this just standard operating procedure after their youtube channel put up official subs for the Build Fighters series?

Hagi

They fucked up the timer. 1 hour to go.

Seriously? fuck sake it's 3am and I wanted to go to bed guess I'll have to stay up.

So since this announcement will be English subbed, should I take this as a sign Bandai might be interested in bringing this to the West (subbed or dubbed) or is this just standard operating procedure after their youtube channel put up official subs for the Build Fighters series?

Well G-Reco is coming out in the UK so it's not so far fetched an idea. Would really like a Build Fighters season 1 release at some point.

RangerBAD

Standard youtubing.

Voror

It would be nice if they used this series as a means of brining Gundam back overseas. It'd be great to see a Gundam series perhaps on TV over here again. Or just get regular official releases.

It would be nice if they used this series as a means of brining Gundam back overseas. It'd be great to see a Gundam series perhaps on TV over here again. Or just get regular official releases.

Unless someone is paying to bring it over here, unlikely. Only reason Gundam was pushed in the US in the past was to create new market for merch and gunpla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom